V10F Review: An enthusiast perspective

Jeffrey Scott Will

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Are any members having issues with keeping your feet well planted on the V10F pedals during tight turns? My wheel arrives tomorrow and I’m vacillating back and forth about enhancing the current OEM rubber foot pads with strategically placed grip tape. 

I did have my foot almost slip off the pedal during a tight turn. Now I'm more conscious of keeping my feet planted on the pedals as a result, and it hasn't happened since.

Nobody else has mentioned it, but I'm getting some squeaks from the body of the V10F on sharp turns when I'm putting some weight on the body with my lower legs...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Are any members having issues with keeping your feet well planted on the V10F pedals during tight turns? My wheel arrives tomorrow and I’m vacillating back and forth about enhancing the current OEM rubber foot pads with strategically placed grip tape. 

I suggest to test the wheel first before making any mods. 

16 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Nope, it's quite sturdy. I think the biggest reason I'm interested in experimenting with different surfaces is just being able to feel more connected to the wheel. I prefer the feeling of my foot bones being attached to the metal of the pedal. ?‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

Nope, it's quite sturdy. I think the biggest reason I'm interested in experimenting with different surfaces is just being able to feel more connected to the wheel. I prefer the feeling of my foot bones being attached to the metal of the pedal. ?‍♂️

I’m not sure why all this talk about the pedals not being good. I rode for a few hours yesterday, and I have to say that the pedals are amazing. I didn’t have any slippage at all. I assume if you have shoes that don’t have soft rubber you might get some slippage, but really not a big deal.

42 minutes ago, Jpd said:

I’m not sure why all this talk about the pedals not being good. I rode for a few hours yesterday, and I have to say that the pedals are amazing. I didn’t have any slippage at all.

Because the longer you leave customers to their own devices with a product launch, the more it will devolve into a debauchery of speculation! ??

I never said they weren't good - it's just one of the areas that I would change a little if I could. I think for most people, it's actually the best solution because of how comfortable they are. :)

It's only under the absolute most challenging situations that you may want something else IMO.

6 hours ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

I will gladly experiment for you.?  First step before installing grip tape.

41106528765_71484ee463_b.jpg

17 hours ago, Unventor said:

I suggest to test the wheel first before making any mods. 

To late. :eff006f726: When @Marty Backe stated that his feet slipped off the pedals during his review I knew this would be one change I would want to make. No I am not adding spikes this time but I am comfortable when my feet are anchored to the pedals with a high quality grip tape. 

@Rehab1 wasting no time at all! ?

I have a bit of an update on my modding attempts as well. Turns out G2/G3/V8 pedals aren't totally compatible with V10. The spacers are too wide, which isn't a deal breaker as I could just removed them to make it fit... but there is also not enough clearance for the hinge to allow the pedals to fold up. So it needs a little machining before I could consider it an option.

4 hours ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

@Rehab1 wasting no time at all! ?

I have a bit of an update on my modding attempts as well. Turns out G2/G3/V8 pedals aren't totally compatible with V10. The spacers are too wide, which isn't a deal breaker as I could just removed them to make it fit... but there is also not enough clearance for the hinge to allow the pedals to fold up. So it needs a little machining before I could consider it an option.

Did I understand you correctly that you are trying to install the old pedals to the V10? Why?

19 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Did I understand you correctly that you are trying to install the old pedals to the V10? Why?

If the pedals on the V10 were thinner, you could turn even sharper without scraping pedals

1197088.jpg

11 hours ago, UniVehje said:

Mostly I want to see what it feels like with a hard grip tape surface. I really don't have much beef with the pedals - just curious. I have a feeling I would prefer grip surface, which is why I want to see how @Rehab1 does with his mod.

16 minutes ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

Mostly I want to see what it feels like with a hard grip tape surface. I really don't have much beef with the pedals - just curious. I have a feeling I would prefer grip surface, which is why I want to see how @Rehab1 does with his mod.

The mod is complete. I’ll do a write up tonight about the fabrication process. A bit harder than I initially envisioned. 

41977416002_f20f5e7f31_b.jpg

41977416202_1070c5014f_b.jpg

The custom silicone protective covers keep the grip tape from scratching the plastic shell  when the pedals are in their upright position.

41301977434_57bc1829f9_b.jpg

27152265657_a9f8a581bd_b.jpg

@Jeffrey Scott Will Now I understand exactly what you mean by the footboard sensitivity setting on your review. What a difference it makes! Along with pedal adjustment. 

It’s like having springs. It also somehow increases sensitivity and stability and reactiveness. I didn’t go all the way to the other side. I felt good at around 2300 and horizontal pedal adjustment at 3.8. So much more comportable and fun now. 

35 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

@Jeffrey Scott Will Now I understand exactly what you mean by the footboard sensitivity setting on your review. What a difference it makes! Along with pedal adjustment. 

It’s like having springs. It also somewoh increases sensitivity and stability and reactiveness. I didn’t go all the way to the other side. I felt good at around 2300 and horizontal pedal adjustment at 3.8. So much more comportable and fun now. 

Yea! It made such a big difference for me. :cheers:

@RayRay Yea I've been wanting to check that out.. Yes, I work way too much, but that tends to happen when you're doing what you love!

On 5/10/2018 at 1:53 PM, Rehab1 said:

The mod is complete. I’ll do a write up tonight about the fabrication process. A bit harder than I initially envisioned. 

41977416002_f20f5e7f31_b.jpg

41977416202_1070c5014f_b.jpg

The custom silicone protective covers keep the grip tape from scratching the plastic shell  when the pedals are in their upright position.

41301977434_57bc1829f9_b.jpg

27152265657_a9f8a581bd_b.jpg

beautiful job! i’m gonna see if @Duf can make me some out of nylon on his 3d printer. i’d ask for royalties but i don’t want liability if the silicone hangs on concrete too much.

on the pedals, i just rode, with the van’s sk8 hi’s and it is definitely getting better. it’s that release film has to be roughed up i think. use to do that with our silicone tires in slot cars.

this is what i want, maybe with black nylon, duf. possibly personalized on the bottom. i’m not too demanding.

looking at rehab’s design, i wonder if u could cut an aluminum plate, like 1/8th inch thick, glue the skid tape to that an put adhesive tape on the ridges on the existing footpads, and the hard nylon lip would help hold it in place. 

On 5/10/2018 at 6:06 PM, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

Yea! It made such a big difference for me. :cheers:

@RayRay Yea I've been wanting to check that out.. Yes, I work way too much, but that tends to happen when you're doing what you love!

i want to make sure i have the correct version please, especilly after my kingsong fiasco. when i started the app tn it asked if i wanted a better version and when i clicked yes it started and asked to download, and then a bunch of samsung legal mumbo jumbo jumped up. plus it has +86 in front of my phone number. is the app in the playstore now? and which one is it?

But hey, i absolutely love this wheel. if my wheels had a miss wheel america contest, my v10f would win hands down. i’m not knocking my other wheels, they are very good wheels, every one of them, but this is my first inmotion and they have hit it out of the park. keep up the good work. if u can only afford one wheel, this is all u need.

update. the download did go thru, i updated and everything looks correct. woo woo!

The issue I’m having with lowering the pedal sensitivity is that it feels “sloppy” in that the body rolls forward and backwards about 1/4”-1/2” before the motor starts to roll. Makes the wheel feel loose to me. 

13 hours ago, TechShizzle said:

The issue I’m having with lowering the pedal sensitivity is that it feels “sloppy” in that the body rolls forward and backwards about 1/4”-1/2” before the motor starts to roll. Makes the wheel feel loose to me. 

I like mine as stiff as I can get’em  ?

On 5/11/2018 at 11:17 PM, TechShizzle said:

my settings. i’m not advanced enough rider to worry about turn correction yet. on mine, that -1.4 seems to make the pedal level.

40285250640_52d765cb1b_b.jpg

40285250600_fe85e690ed_b.jpg

When I go to adjust the turning and forward adjustment I get an error that says it’s not enabled. iOS 11.4, iPhone X.  

At this point I haven’t noticed that changing the footboard sensitivity does anything at all.

Also, I adjusted the sensitivity and the body of the wheel still rolls forward and backwards about a quarter inch before the wheel motor itself starts to turn. My V8 didn’t do this, and I’m starting wonder if I’ve got something loose somewhere (axle nuts or something).

On 5/15/2018 at 8:59 PM, TechShizzle said:

Also, I adjusted the sensitivity and the body of the wheel still rolls forward and backwards about a quarter inch before the wheel motor itself starts to turn. My V8 didn’t do this, and I’m starting wonder if I’ve got something loose somewhere (axle nuts or something).

There does seem to be a little “slop or play” built in.  Not so noticeable when you are riding, but if I am on the wheel and hold onto a light pole or similar structure and rock a little back and forth on the wheel, I can definitely notice some “play” in the V10 drive system.  I don’t get any of that same play on my King Songs, but it really doesn’t effect me much when riding the V10 under normal conditions. So I think it is just an the nature of this wheel.

11 hours ago, Master Blaster said:

There does seem to be a little “slop or play” built in.  Not so noticeable when you are riding, but if I am on the wheel and hold onto a light pole or similar structure and rock a little back and forth on the wheel, I can definitely notice some “play” in the V10 drive system.  I don’t get any of that same play on my King Songs, but it really doesn’t effect me much when riding the V10 under normal conditions. So I think it is just an the nature of this wheel.

What sensitivity setting you have? 

Archived