V10F Review: An enthusiast perspective

Jeffrey Scott Will

On 5/28/2018 at 11:58 PM, Marty Backe said:

:blink1:

I'll bite. Where's the research. :confused1:

I think the brain trust in this Forum can answer the question - more 'engine' power most definitely equates to more safety in EUC usage.

As EUCs go, the V10F is a slow wheel relative to the performance wheels that currently exist. I would certainly feel safe going as fast as the V10F allows you since it's not really that fast ;)

It doesnt think it will help me much quoting MC research as you will most likely claim that its not valid for EUCs. I do however think that we humans has a tendency to accelerate and drive a bit faster that we should if we could and thats what I have against the V10 - and a big part of the MC research underlines exactly that. Horsepower is not dangerous in itself but with a human on top stupidity tends to increase with the number of horses :P   (now u will bite for sure haha) 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Thomas Secher said:

It doesnt think it will help me much quoting MC research as you will most likely claim that its not valid for EUCs. I do however think that we humans has a tendency to accelerate and drive a bit faster that we should if we could and thats what I have against the V10 - and a big part of the MC research underlines exactly that. Horsepower is not dangerous in itself but with a human on top stupidity tends to increase with the number of horses :P   (now u will bite for sure haha) 

I agree with you. But if the rider is able to constrain themselves, than having a more powerful EUC motor will be safer because it'll be able to power through more situations that a lesser wheel would cutout on.

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I agree with you. But if the rider is able to constrain themselves, than having a more powerful EUC motor will be safer because it'll be able to power through more situations that a lesser wheel would cutout on.

I agree but for me personally most certainly it would be a more dangerous machine - no need to tempt destiny :P

Here is a fast way to learn (speed) restraint:

1. Ride full speed
  2. Accelerate even further...
  3. Cut-out
  4. Face-plant!
  5. You are now cured of speed fever...

You're welcome. :eff02be2d7:

39 minutes ago, RayRay said:

Here is a fast way to learn (speed) restraint:

1. Ride full speed
  2. Accelerate even further...
  3. Cut-out
  4. Face-plant!
  5. You are now cured of speed fever...

You're welcome. :eff02be2d7:

This is what I did. It's very effective. Now whenever I hit 30 kph my brain knows it and I pretty much start crying. 

On 5/30/2018 at 9:23 AM, UniVehje said:

What makes me think it’s not part part of the design is that I definitely didn’t have that play during first 300 km. I suspect some axel nut might have got a bit loose. I probably could tighten it myself, but I want more info first. @Jeffrey Scott Will Have you heard of this from others and do you know if this is normal?

This is very interesting! Will be curious to hear from InMotion on that one! If there is a weakness around axle, it will increase very quickly. If you are sure you did not have it to start with, just be careful when riding till we get an clear answer.

I suppose you have checked the pedals already? Atleast the 16S has quite a bit of play in the pedal system that becomes pretty evident after they wear a bit. I now have spring washers in there to make it feel solid again.

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

I suppose you have checked the pedals already? Atleast the 16S has quite a bit of play in the pedal system that becomes pretty evident after they wear a bit. I now have spring washers in there to make it feel solid again.

Good point. Could be this. I just don't want to open a new wheel before hearing from others and especially from InMotion. I'm pretty sure I would have noticed it if it were there always. I remember reading the other comment on the same issue before I had it and I remember checking that mine feels very solid. Now there's some play when rocking it back and forth. I can feel it without standing on the pedals. 

5 hours ago, UniVehje said:

Good point. Could be this. I just don't want to open a new wheel before hearing from others and especially from InMotion. I'm pretty sure I would have noticed it if it were there always. I remember reading the other comment on the same issue before I had it and I remember checking that mine feels very solid. Now there's some play when rocking it back and forth. I can feel it without standing on the pedals. 

my v10f is very tight. as tight or tighter than any of my wheels. i have it on the tightest pedal setting. i’ve only got 20 miles on it so far. 

10 hours ago, UniVehje said:

Definitely rocks without standing on the pedals. I realized today that with that much play it's throwing off the angle of the pedals (they lean/dip too far forward), so I backed off the angle to about 1.8 to keep me from feeling like I'm going to slide off the front of the pedals.

Also, the body creaks when I'm leaning on it in tight turns. My V8 never did anything like that, and it had been through several rough crashes.

On 5/31/2018 at 8:06 PM, novazeus said:

my v10f is very tight. as tight or tighter than any of my wheels. i have it on the tightest pedal setting. i’ve only got 20 miles on it so far. 

Dude, seriously. Leave your house! I’d put 20 miles on a new wheel the first day, easy. 

On 6/8/2018 at 9:35 AM, Kael said:

Dude, seriously. Leave your house! I’d put 20 miles on a new wheel the first day, easy. 

i probably did(put 20 miles on it, not sure, the app can’t be trusted),after inflating the tire to the proper pressure and giving it a full charge and time to balance the cells.

i have other wheels that needed my attention. 

when riding wheels are legal in florida, i might leave my ranch, but Bob can’t run very far anyway.

just rode it, still my favorite. really the only practical wheel for me out here. it’s the only one with a decent headlight. all the others i have to have a floodlight in my hand. my tree lined rd is really dark.

actually, my gf in 2014 turned 30 today and another gf is turning 30 in July so i promised them an “adventure” to celebrate them hitting 30. that will take me and Bob off the ranch. gonna send my cat to @Marty Backe fat cat camp while we’re on our hiatus.

anyway @Kael, this is for u:

Archived