KS16s at top speed of 40km/h

Just saw on Instagram right now some guy say this:

ks 16s my  40km/h companion...

now I ask you guys can you push the KS 16s to go 40km/h  through an app? 

Is it safe at all?  For the euc? Won’t it blow a fuse, I’ve always thought it only did 35km/h, I always compared the speed of the KS 16s to the speed of the boosted board v2 dual pluS...which is about 22 miles/h

2 minutes ago, claudioagmfilho said:

Just saw on Instagram right now some guy say this:

ks 16s my  40km/h companion...

now I ask you guys can you push the KS 16s to go 40km/h  through an app? 

Is it safe at all?  

There are rumours of an chinese firmware allowing the ks16s to go 40 km/h.

Safety is the question - the faster on goes the less reserve is left and the easier something can happen. (Potholes, wind gust, overleans,...)

One would have to take a detailed look at the motor characteristics and the battery and electronics capabilities to get a real answer... Or wait for enough reports (positive or accidents) and time will tell - if such a firmware really exists and gets available over here...

Alot depends on your weight, If you are too heavy it may not be possible. Previously owned a KS18a not long ago which uses the same 1200w motor as the 16s. Battery fully charged, I managed to reach 35.1km/h till Voice control asked me to slow down. I need to lose weight. 

Screenshot_20180503-190008.png

17 minutes ago, Edddeus said:

Alot depends on your weight, If you are too heavy it may not be possible. Previously owned a KS18a not long ago which uses the same 1200w motor as the 16s. Battery fully charged battery I managed to reach 35.1km/h till Voice control asked me to slow down. I need to lose weight. 

Screenshot_20180503-190008.png

What app is this? It would be nice to have one in mph rather than kph ?

There is definitly NO official firmware that would allow the 16s to go to 40kmh...

There MIGHT be an option using the app Darkness Bot -IOS- in beta version. Recently there was a setting implemented "max speed(tiltback)" and it sets free some of the speed limitations that are implemented on some wheels. For example the V8 is 35kmh, the new v10f is 45kmh.

I dont know if its possible to set the 16s higher than 35kmh...but it MIGHT be (again: in beta version)

Other than that: KS is knowing really well what they are doing with their speed limitations, there is a reason for them to do so....

So everyone on his OWN responsibility!

40 minutes ago, wehey said:

What app is this? It would be nice to have one in mph rather than kph ?

App is called WheelLog. 

46 minutes ago, wehey said:

Previously owned a KS18a not long ago which uses the same 1200w motor as the 16s. Battery fully charged battery I managed to reach 35.1km/h till Voice control asked me to slow down. I need to lose weight. 

Btw.: That is NOT comparable...the 18a with 1200Watt was way, way before the 16s...has a totally different motor and also another firmware...

The first 18a 1200W versions had some problems to reach 40kmh constantly (i owned one, too), just later with the 18AY 1200Watt(new motor, new board) that was a constantly and powerfull 40kmh version, which is kind of comparable to the 16s. While even there...different motor types.

By the way guys just found out that the kingsong 18 L,  is in mass production at the moment, so not officially released yet, however it will be a great wheels because its naturally 50 miles/h tops speed without the use of no other apps and all that... 

29 minutes ago, US69 said:

Btw.: That is NOT comparable...the 18a with 1200Watt was way, way before the 16s...has a totally different motor and also another firmware...

The first 18a 1200W versions had some problems to reach 40kmh constantly (i owned one, too), just later with the 18AY 1200Watt(new motor, new board) that was a constantly and powerfull 40kmh version, which is kind of comparable to the 16s. While even there...different motor types.

Thankyou for correcting me. As you have owned the 3 including the KS18s, is there a big difference in performance between the 18a 1200w and the 18s? Can you really notice the difference? I am considering buying 18s 1680wh.

26 minutes ago, Edddeus said:

Thankyou for correcting me. As you have owned the 3 including the KS18s, is there a big difference in performance between the 18a 1200w and the 18s? Can you really notice the difference? I am considering buying 18s 1680wh.

I have to say that  i owned a KS18A...1200Watt...and now the 18S 1500Watt...and hell man, the difference is like night and day!

The 18S is my absolut favorite wheel, even as i owned a Tesla, a V3, Monster etc etc...

It is the most reliable AND powerfull 18 inch ever i had....while i have to say i dont know the 18AY, which was a kind of first S series version.

I have to say, because of its high shell its a special wheel, but you should know that as 18A owner.

Its remarkable for me how KS managed to get the same power out of a 67Volt wheel....compared to the 84V V3s versions.

Honestly, the Tesla is even a bit more powerfull, and i thought so  the newer V3s "T" versions will be also. But as its just a different  kind of motor software setup (more "grippy", torque and braking power in my view) i prefer it all day long about -for example- the Tesla.

At the moment this is my wheel to stay ...and not change it, while i do that quite often. but i cant give it away....best wheel i own, 2300km now.

KS rant over ?

24 minutes ago, acevalsl said:

I have WheelLog but can not change ks16s to 40km/h

You should read again...nobody has talked about wheellog!!! Its Darkness Bot (beta version) which might give some options...

48 minutes ago, claudioagmfilho said:

By the way guys just found out that the kingsong 18 L,  is in mass production at the moment, so not officially released yet, however it will be a great wheels because its naturally 50 miles/h tops speed without the use of no other apps and all that... 

Its 50kmh....not miles per hour...(btw like the 18S=50kmh...without "manipulating" it)

43 minutes ago, US69 said:

I have to say that  i owned a KS18A...1200Watt...and now the 18S 1500Watt...and hell man, the difference is like night and day!

The 18S is my absolut favorite wheel, even as i owned a Tesla, a V3, Monster etc etc...

It is the most reliable AND powerfull 18 inch ever i had....while i have to say i dont know the 18AY, which was a kind of first S series version.

I have to say, because of its high shell its a special wheel, but you should know that as 18A owner.

Its remarkable for me how KS managed to get the same power out of a 67Volt wheel....compared to the 84V V3s versions.

Honestly, the Tesla is even a bit more powerfull, and i thought so  the newer V3s "T" versions will be also. But as its just a different  kind of motor software setup (more "grippy", torque and braking power in my view) i prefer it all day long about -for example- the Tesla.

At the moment this is my wheel to stay ...and not change it, while i do that quite often. but i cant give it away....best wheel i own, 2300km now.

KS rant over ?

Thankyou, just needed confirmation, I know someone who regretted selling his twice, only to end up buying another one. Believe it or not, he is on his 3rd KS18s! Says it's the best wheel ever. 

1 minute ago, Edddeus said:

Thankyou, just needed confirmation, I know someone who regretted selling his twice, only to end up buying another one. Believe it or not he is on his 3rd KS18s! Says it's the best wheel ever. 

I only can say that i vote for it, too!

1 hour ago, claudioagmfilho said:

As @US69 stated the KS 18L top speed will be 50 KM/h not MPH........and just like the 18S is now with new software it will be limited to 40km/h for the first 200kms before it can be software unlocked to 50km/h using the KS app. And the 18L right out of the box will most likely be set at 25km/h unless you unlock that speed with the KS app, similar to what your 16S was like out of the box before you unlocked it to it’s max of 35km/h.

7 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

And the 18L right out of the box will most likely be set at 25km/h unless you unlock that speed with the KS app, similar to what your 16S was like out of the box before you unlocked it to it’s max of 35km/h.

Hmmmh, nope, i dont think so....There should be only the 40kmh lock for under 200km...

But who knows? In the end it will be a fine wheel thats it, or? ? 

8 hours ago, claudioagmfilho said:

The kingsong KS 18L is under mas production right now, from what I was able  gather, so it’s no officially released yet, and it will reach the speed after unlocking of 31mph...

Yes. After 200km, the KS-18L will have a limit of 50km/h - before 200km it is only 40km/h.

This is direct from Kingsong...

• Mileage:around 105 km
  • DC charger: Input: AC 80~240 V, Output: 84V、2A
  • Top speed: 40 km/h , 50km/h after decode at above 200km mileage
  • Rated Power: 2000W
  • Maximum loading: 150kg
  • Maximum Gradibility: Around 35°
  • Size:590(H) x 495(L) X 180mm

I am new to electric unicycles, therefore  KS16s speed of 40 km/h seems very scary. Do people travel at that speed for any length? I have achieved 60-70 km on a bicycle but I am fearfully ready for a mistaken bump. I envision doing 30-50km on a KS would enlist the same feeling.

I have owned many motorcycles with outrageous top speeds. I never came close. With a twist of the wrist, that extra power, would get me out of trouble. I wonder if it is the same with higher powered electric unicycles. On a motorcycle I often speed past possible accidents. (Yes officer, that is my excuse). Does the extra power allow the rider greater control over his/her environment. Can they speed out of danger? 

17 hours ago, Edddeus said:

Thankyou, just needed confirmation, I know someone who regretted selling his twice, only to end up buying another one. Believe it or not, he is on his 3rd KS18s! Says it's the best wheel ever. 

I can totally relate. I hated the KS18S when I got it.. it was like relearning how to ride. I actually had an agreement to sell it to Richard Layman.. luckily it fell through because I absolutely agree..

KS18S is the greatest wheel available at this time.  

9 hours ago, Stabio said:

I am new to electric unicycles, therefore  KS16s speed of 40 km/h seems very scary. Do people travel at that speed for any length? I have achieved 60-70 km on a bicycle but I am fearfully ready for a mistaken bump. I envision doing 30-50km on a KS would enlist the same feeling.

I have owned many motorcycles with outrageous top speeds. I never came close. With a twist of the wrist, that extra power, would get me out of trouble. I wonder if it is the same with higher powered electric unicycles. On a motorcycle I often speed past possible accidents. (Yes officer, that is my excuse). Does the extra power allow the rider greater control over his/her environment. Can they speed out of danger? 

That is exactly right... Riding an EUC you need to have extra power available.

To ride over even a bump or small curb (or to lift out of a pothole) requires additional torque / power. At maximum speed there is no torque left and the wheel will fail.

Archived