Traveling with ACM - replacement battery cost?

D7flat9

Hi everyone, I’m shipping my ACM from Korea to the US but have to remove the battery and leave it behind. Once in the US, what will it cost to buy a replacement battery to get the wheel up and running again? 

Thanks,

2 hours ago, D7flat9 said:

Hi everyone, I’m shipping my ACM from Korea to the US but have to remove the battery and leave it behind. Once in the US, what will it cost to buy a replacement battery to get the wheel up and running again? 

Thanks,

I'd look for some "special li ion transports" also if they are maybe relative expensive, or maybe you can sell your packs in korea?

Replacement batteries are "relatively expensive". For example a 410Wh/67.2V pack for ACM is listed at the ewheels.com webshop for $330, an ACMs+ 680Wh/84.2V pack $489. So you'd need to know your exact ACM wheel version -imo there exist quite many different versions - and which pack(s) is(are) needed (voltage, Wh, configuration, used BMS, control wiring between packs ?and motherboard?). You should also consider if you can/want to upgrade the capacity with this step - higher capacity is not only for more range but also can lessen the risk of a faceplant/overlean!

Be carfull if you decide to buy via ebay/tabao/aliexpress - you want high quality cells - they "decide" if you have fun driving or faceplant and go to hospital!

Also you'd need to know the right order of assembly steps to reconnect the control wiring and battery wiring. As the big fat capacitors will be empty once you reconnect you'll need some "anti spark connector" or make the last connection "?fast and firm without hesitation?" (Best with some gloves and safety glasses) - there can flow quite some energy from the batteries into the capacitors. We had already some reports of blackened connectors and burn marks on the fingers/hands...

Handling of the battery packs is anyhow best done in some free space/garage/etc and not in a small flat on a burnable carpet...?

These were just some general points - i don't have any specific gotway knowledge besides from what i read here. But here are enough experienced and knowledgeable gotway driving members who'll hopefully chime in to give you real tipps!

Archived