UK, Ride the Blackpool lights 28/08/18

Juggler

Well this will be my third year riding the Blackpool illuminations bike ride on my EUC. Will I be the only one again?

I was hoping there might be some fellow EUCers coming to join me. I know there are at least 4 other riders in my area.

Fingers crossed !!

Id love to say yes, I'll be there but its probably quicker for me to get to Paris than Blackpool. Would be fun tho so I'll have to see how work is closer to the time.

12 minutes ago, nute said:

Id love to say yes, I'll be there but its probably quicker for me to get to Paris than Blackpool. Would be fun tho so I'll have to see how work is closer to the time.

Thanks for showing interest, hope you can make it. PS if its raining I won't be doing it

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2018 at 11:02 PM, stephen said:

just bought my first euc today if I'm good enough by then then it's a yes . done well today though after only 4 hours 

You will be a pro by then the way your going so far.

• 1 month later...

August will soon be upon us and so far it's jut me again riding the lights at Blackpool. Surely there must be other riders nearby who fancy doing the ride?

You are doing brilliant for only 4 hours .... 

I'd love to join you guys next month but its a long way from me and i can't commit this far ahead. It will depend on what I'm doing at the time. 

Should be a good ride this, seafronts are nice. I went along brighton seafront last weekend, shoreham to the marina and then along the clips for miles. 

• 2 weeks later...

I met a guy with an electric bike a few weeks ago and he has now bought a KS14D like mine so hopefully  he will be riding the lights with us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Turbine Chris said:

Any room for a ks14d ?

yes ofc chris I'm taking my ks16s and i think jugglers got a ks14 to 

i don't know what time we are meeting yet ..so what time are we meeting @Juggler?

15 hours ago, stephen said:

yes ofc chris I'm taking my ks16s and i think jugglers got a ks14 to 

i don't know what time we are meeting yet ..so what time are we meeting @Juggler?

I'm suggesting meeting outside Sainsburys in Bispham at arround 19:30.

https://goo.gl/maps/JNYtkvNjQcx

16 hours ago, Turbine Chris said:

Any room for a ks14d ?

Yes, there should be three of us with KS14d's

22 minutes ago, Brett Mitchell said:

We live in Devon,would love to come,but this is the day after bank holiday,traffic will be horrendous,if you organise anything else,let me know!

Cheers Brett

yeah will do somewhere maybe halfway next time or speedyfeet does a ride out now and again

19 minutes ago, stephen said:

can i park my car there

I'm not sure what the rules if any are for parking in Sainsburys but there will be plenty of room on the side of the road heading West towards it. I'll pop in sometime and check it out

1 minute ago, nute said:

Hmmm, it's a £120 round trip for me on the train, plus hotel. Id love to say yes but just to much work on at present ... up for anything a bit closer once work quiets down.

Thats a bit too expensive for a ride out! Plus you can't rely on the trains anymore !

54 minutes ago, Simon Grant said:

I might have to get involved 

i don’t think any one in Manchester has 

an Euc

Well I’m in the process of moving to the Oldham area (not in time for this ride though) . And on a house hunting trip spotted someone riding from Hollingworth Lake to Littleborough (and going somewhat faster than us on that road!)

Archived