Issue accelerating/braking (Gotway Tesla)

Hi everybody,

I'm having a problem with my Gotway Tesla:

When I start to accelerate, it gets too leaning forward, becoming scary.

From a few seconds rolling it stabilize.

When I brake, it leans too back, and it destabilizes me a lot. I have tested different calibrations of the wheel. I have also tried different modes and everything remains the same.

Can you think what the reason may be? It did not happened before.

Thank you very much in advance.

1 hour ago, Rubyuni said:

It did not happened before.

Did the wheel change behavior on its own? That's a huuuuuuuge warning sign, don't ride it until you know why that happened!

Do all three ride modes feel the same? Or are they still different but feel softer than normal? Which apps did you use?

Usually, when a wheel feels weaker/softer suddenly, that means one of the two capacitors on the board are broken. So you need a new board.

43 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Did the wheel change behavior on its own? That's a huuuuuuuge warning sign, don't ride it until you know why that happened!

Do all three ride modes feel the same? Or are they still different but feel softer than normal? Which apps did you use?

Usually, when a wheel feels weaker/softer suddenly, that means one of the two capacitors on the board are broken. So you need a new board.

Thank you very much for your answer.

The 3 ride modes feel different, but softer, especially when starting to accelerate or brake (in "flex" mode it is more difficult to handle).

I've been using the official Gotway app, and the wheelog.

I had an accident 2 weeks ago, although until now I had no problem.

How can I know if one of the capacitors is broken?

I put the wheel at 50kmh without knowing it ...

Thank you.

Thank you very much for your answer.

The 3 ride modes feel different, but softer, especially when starting to accelerate or brake (in "flex" mode it is more difficult to handle).

I've been using the official Gotway app, and the wheelog.

I had an accident 2 weeks ago, although until now I had no problem.

How can I know if one of the capacitors is broken?

I put the wheel at 50kmh without knowing it ...

Thank you.

When the ride mode is set to hard, there should be zero leaning when accelerating or braking.

From your description, it sounds like the wheel behavior has changed. This implies that something is wrong with the wheel (control board?). I've never heard of these symptoms?

Maybe open the wheel and look at the control board to check the capacitors, although I don't know if a bad capacitor would cause the problem that you describe.

The 3 ride modes feel different, but softer, especially when starting to accelerate or brake

Yea, if the wheel just feels weaker/softer in general but works normally otherwise, that's very likely a broken capacitor. They are the two big brown cylinders on the board, and act as power buffers, so if one of them is broken, the wheel will have less instant power to use and feel weaker/softer. Maybe you can see if one is disconnected from the board or so, but maybe you can't see damage. Don't ride in the mean time, if the other capacitor breaks too, you faceplant.

But even if it isn't the capacitor, you need a new board anyways because that sounds like board error. Ask your seller too what he thinks about this.

(in "flex" mode it is more difficult to handle). 

Not sure what you mean by flex mode, but anyways - strange wheel behavior but it still works = most likely board error.

Archived