appeals to riders 16 to 50 years old and weigh less than 220 pounds

novazeus

i see the 9bots s1s are back in stock on amazon for 499, maybe they’ll be a price drop again, that said, i snicker at their description. in the begining of falling down this rabbit hole, and i join this forum, no offense, it didn’t seem like anybody met that criteria, mostly older like me.

so here’s my question if u geriatrics can remember back this far, what the hell were u thinking, that u could ride an electric unicycle at ur age? 

i had/have an objective, i’m stuck(don’t feel sorry for me) here at the ranch like 24/7 by choice, until i sell all of it. i have a nice little tree lined private road and because of my prostate cancer won’t ride a bicycle and too rough for inline skating, plus not long enough to be worthwhile.so i’m walking Bob last year, and knowing i’m gonna need to exercise him more than just a walk, ding ding a light goes off in my head and i think back to the sailboat guy at las olas marina ft lauderdale that had a wheel. i never saw it up close. it could have been a two wheel wheel, who knows, it was 2015.

so it isn’t all wheel happy for me, Bob’s learning too is what makes this so wonderful. when i was learning, i always felt like i was cheating on Bob. being able to ride with ur best friend trotting alongside and controlling ur speed from slow to running speed, is nirvana for me. if the Bob thing hadn’t worked out, i’d lost interest, but now that it has, i’m rabid. no pun.

a little addendum, u know what the little s1 would be perfect for? dog walkers!

my female farrier raises these mammoth pit bulls. nice gentle dogs. beautiful. she gets like $5000 a puppy. those kind of people would probably love a dog walker that could burn the testosterone out of their big dogs.

that might be a good gig for me and Bob. Bob would love it. wouldn’t even have to pay him. get off the ranch ever so often for a gig. just grunt at the human if i ever see them, i may have to franchise this, Wheel Walkers tm. 

get paid for riding ur wheel with ur best friend and his guest.

if cesar milan is still on the air filming, my hero, and he’s getting older, inmotion or segway should try and get him on a wheel. he does it on inline skates now.

Save my only continued EUC injury was from trying to run my 55# dog. Still having knee pain from when she pulled me down.

Also, may be dangerous for dog, as others pointed out.

I must admit, my wife wanted me to run her a couple weeks ago, so I reluctantly did so for about 2 blocks. Still....trying to avoid doing that. I do feel guilty, as I was running her for about 2 months when I started, until she pulled me down.

1 hour ago, Circuitmage said:

Save my only continued EUC injury was from trying to run my 55# dog. Still having knee pain from when she pulled me down.

Also, may be dangerous for dog, as others pointed out.

I must admit, my wife wanted me to run her a couple weeks ago, so I reluctantly did so for about 2 blocks. Still....trying to avoid doing that. I do feel guilty, as I was running her for about 2 months when I started, until she pulled me down.

Pulling you down like that... She must be a proper bitch!   :lol:

2 hours ago, Circuitmage said:

my wife wanted me to run her a couple weeks ago,

I do hope you gave her a head start ?

i guess hidden in my long post was, it’s funny that these wheels are marketed to young riders yet what i saw on this forum when i first joined were older people. i gave my reason for wanting to do this and i was wondering what got everybody else in to this transportation.

trust me, just walking Bob on foot can be dangerous. 

instead of having young people in all these promotional videos, maybe they should have some old qtips like me in them. easier to pitch them to the government as mobility assistance devices.

2 minutes ago, Holt said:

i see folks with their dogs tethered to their bikes.  always wondered what happens when a squirrel enters the equation.  

yeah, i’m in a fenced environment where if necessary i drop the leash and maybe drop the wheel and haul ass on foot after him. ur skills on a wheel have to be decent to do this. Bob likes to trot in front of me and stop. most of the walk is probably 5-6 mph. still it gives him a trot. faster than i can walk.

My workshop is 200 or maybe 300 yards  from the house down something like it 25 to 30゚ hill. 

I'm always having  to run down and grab a tool or get something from the shop

I figured it would be faster and more fun to hop on a wheel rather then pull the golf cart out of the garage for such things.  Of course I could walk down and backup the hill, but that really slows a project down.( I hike 30+ miles with the dogs every week for exercise-- Project time is about getting it done, not getting exercise)

It is great for that!  I make those short hops 5 or 10 times every day 

That was the rationalization anyway. Really, it just like looked like lots of fun!

1 hour ago, DaveThomasPilot said:

My workshop is 200 or maybe 300 yards  from the house down something like it 25 to 30゚ hill. 

I'm always having  to run down and grab a tool or get something from the shop

I figured it would be faster and more fun to hop on a wheel rather then pull the golf cart out of the garage for such things.  Of course I could walk down and backup the hill, but that really slows a project down.( I hike 30+ miles with the dogs every week for exercise-- Project time is about getting it done, not getting exercise)

It is great for that!  I make those short hops 5 or 10 times every day 

That was the rationalization anyway. Really, it just like looked like lots of fun!

yeah, i have all kinds of vehicles but the wheel is the bomb for dashing down to my gate. very refreshing. trying to wear the helmet everytime.

check out this video. not Bob but we have goals.

The way I joined the hobby (at 38) was probably one of a kind. I’m mobility challenged, and couldn’t even ride a bike anymore. I found the tandem-wheeled Airwheel A3 in 2016 which was a life changer, great for shopping and daily outdoors! However, 16km/h and a fixed frame makes it pretty bad for longer distances and even the slightest offroad.

I failed to find an ideal successor, so I decided to build my own from two Lhotzes and a piece of bicycle frame. Didn’t even mean to learn riding an EUC, seemed too dangerous. Couldn’t keep myself from quickly trying though. The feeling of getting rewarded from each learned step was the thing for me. It made the learning process so incredibly fun! I was proud of myself, I was challenging myself, and I never would have thought I could feel this close to mountain biking again.

3000km on the Lhotzes later, I wanted to continue the original idea of building the two-wheeler, so I needed a wheel for EUCing as well. I got the 16S. 6700km on the 16S, and the two-wheeler still only excists in drawn plans. I know it will happen one day, but as I use the A3 only for shopping and the 16S for 30km daily outdoorsing, weekly brother time etc, the hurry of building it is gone.

Yet I might get an 18L or 10Z later this year...

gotta say Bob is a great euc teacher. before using the wheel to run Bob on my road, i could barely free mount. otw to the gate Bob trots right down to it, otw back it's 50 feet, stop, beg Bob to follow me, re mount and repeat.

Archived