Kingsong Vs Gotway releases:

Hatchet

4 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:w00t2: And your point is?  The 80's were the best!  The music, computers, Lamborghini Countach, what's not to like?  :dribble:  Gotway is like the 10's Lamborghini Countach of electric wheels.  The design doesn't make a lot of sense with the scissor doors, but most of us drooled over it.  It is still eye catching in a screw everyone I'll be different if I want to sort of way.  :whistling:

maxresdefault.jpg

Hide contents

Plus who can resist Tawny Kitaen?  :dribble:

attachment.php?attachmentid=468757&d=148

Teaser for New Gotway BTron8 wheel ball :D

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I think the KS18L looks too big because they simply scaled up their smaller designs. You'll notice that the other big wheels (Z10, MSuper, Monster) expose the tire fore and aft which reduces the shell size so the wheel doesn't look so big. That's what KingSong should have done on the KS18L.

This was the main selling point for me on the Msuper T. I love the look of the exposed tire. 

Hey guys been a while...glad to see everyone is still here.

This was my 666th post...maybe i should stop now:w00t2:

7 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Hide contents

Well, I think I can very well!  ??

poaQP6q.jpg

4 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

[...] 10's Granny Tawny is still simmering somewhat.  [...] 

SQaX5Fw.jpg

Sorry, but I remain skeptical   ;-))) 

GhnBTv3.jpg

...but now better getting back to topic before I get reprimanded.   ??

On 5/2/2018 at 4:50 AM, Hatchet said:

Kingsong:efef50e3ba:: "We have a wheel coming in the next year!" .."Some leaked specs!" .."First pictures (close scrutiny for hidden details)" .."It will be released in May!" .."It's delayed until June"

Gotway:eff02be2d7:: "You want a new wheel? Here, 19" x 3", and oh i dunno ..2,000w motor? Sure, here ya go kid knock yerself out. Oh, I almost forgot, we retrofitted all our best wheels with the Tesla motor."

Kingsong: "You drive fast and safely."

Gotway: "You drive fast. In case you fall because of a failure, what a pity."

I still don't like Gotway wheels, not much has changed. But I'm watching them. ??

2 hours ago, HermanTheGerman said:

Kingsong: "You drive fast and safely."

I still don't like Gotway wheels, not much has changed. But I'm watching them. ??

When writing about KingSong and Gotway within the same paragraph, you can't say Kingsong drives fast. Sorry, it's not credible.

You should have written:

Kingsong: "You drive slow and safely"

Hey come on now fellas! Kingsong is a great company. After all, most people need a starter wheel!, lol:whistling:

Full disclosure; I ride a KS18s, so I can say these things. It's our sense of humor that has sustained us as a Kingsong people lo these many(3) years.?

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

When writing about KingSong and Gotway within the same paragraph, you can't say Kingsong drives fast. Sorry, it's not credible.

You should have written:

Kingsong: "You drive slow and safely"

OK, I kind of agree with that.  I must also say, I would have bought a Tesla instead of the KS16S, but I don't trust it enough.

I meanwhile also see, how the wheel's maxspeed influences one's average speed: On my former KS16B I mostly had avg spd around 25 km/h when cruising in the flatlands, now on the KS16S I have around 29 km/h.

BTW, just found out that I need to change my signature. ?

1 hour ago, HermanTheGerman said:

OK, I kind of agree with that.  I must also say, I would have bought a Tesla instead of the KS16S, but I don't trust it enough.

I meanwhile also see, how the wheel's maxspeed influences one's average speed: On my former KS16B I mostly had avg spd around 25 km/h when cruising in the flatlands, now on the KS16S I have around 29 km/h.

BTW, just found out that I need to change my signature. ?

:thumbup: 

Nice to hear from you. You've been absent for awhile (or I haven't been spotting your posts).

BTW, it just occurred to me that you changed your handle back to my favorite "Herman The German" (I know it wasn't exactly that before). I know, I know, you're probably going to tell me you did that 6-months ago :D

42 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

:thumbup: 

You've been absent for awhile (or I haven't been spotting your posts).

Yes, I had no wheel during winter, sold my KS16,  therefore I rarely came here. I had the intention to buy a stronger one in spring, and did that.

I tried a KS18 and even a Gotway Monster, but decided a 16" fits perfectly for my mixed purposes.  As mentioned I would have bought a Tesla, but I really don't trust Gotway enough.

On 5/2/2018 at 3:19 PM, Marty Backe said:

See, this is why we need diversity and competition in the EUC market. @kasenutty thinks the MSuper X design is awful, yet I think it's the coolest thing ever. Presumably he likes the KS18L whereas I think, eh.

It's great that we have choices in the various wheel sizes. Something for everyone.

I'm just glad they're calling it the MSuper X rather than the MSuper V3S+, not to be confused with MSuper 3S+  :eff05cf9bc:

I'm surprised they didn't name the MCM5 as the MCM2++ 

Like, I'm pretty sure the MCM4 came out before the MCM3.

Then there was the ACM V2, not to be confused with the ACM V2, which is the exact same name but a totally different wheel.

From now on Gotway needs to just STOP with the similar names. If ANYTHING changes on a new version of a wheel, just give it a completely new name.

The MCM 5 gets an upgrade? Just call it the MCM 6, even if it's very similar

16 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

I'm just glad they're calling it the MSuper X rather than the MSuper V3S+, not to be confused with MSuper 3S+  :eff05cf9bc:

I'm surprised they didn't name the MCM5 as the MCM2++ 

Like, I'm pretty sure the MCM4 came out before the MCM3.

Then there was the ACM V2, not to be confused with the ACM V2, which is the exact same name but a totally different wheel.

From now on Gotway needs to just STOP with the similar names. If ANYTHING changes on a new version of a wheel, just give it a completely new name.

The MCM 5 gets an upgrade? Just call it the MCM 6, even if it's very similar

Whence my thread about my confusion about Gotway wheels. I mean just determining which ACM you have takes a history Ph. D. and a detective. The wheels are great though. The guy in the marketing department should definitely find another job.

1 hour ago, MacPara said:

Whence my thread about my confusion about Gotway wheels. I mean just determining which ACM you have takes a history Ph. D. and a detective. The wheels are great though. The guy in the marketing department should definitely find another job.

Yeah, last night I was trying to figure out the difference between the MSuper V3s and the MSuper V3s+. It took like a f*cking hour of research to understand that the MSuper V3s 1300 has the 84V, just like the MSuper V3s+, aka the MSuper V3s 1600.

1 hour ago, Scouts Honor said:

Yeah, last night I was trying to figure out the difference between the MSuper V3s and the MSuper V3s+. It took like a f*cking hour of research to understand that the MSuper V3s 1300 has the 84V, just like the MSuper V3s+, aka the MSuper V3s 1600.

Gotway only wants hardcore EUC riders owning their products, so this is how they weed out the wanna be's :D

Looks-wise I prefer the GW and RW designs over both the IM and the KS ones. NB comes in two sets, the Z looks amazing, while the older wheels are more like IM and KS in shape.

I like rakish designs, I like utilitarian designs - but most of all I like daring designs. That's still talking just looks.

When it comes to the ultimate design, my final feelings about it is affected a lot by how well the design works. Rockwheel for example looks like a bloody sports car, but part of the design is "questionable" when it comes to the practical stuff. Things like shell stiffness and ergonomy could be better. In that respect I think the new V10F is a bit ahead.

I find none of the "top" wheels looking like they were designed by a kid. But they were clearly designed with totally different philosophies.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Gotway only wants hardcore EUC riders owning their products, so this is how they weed out the wanna be's :D

I know your shaak~ing in your boots thinking what does rehab have up his sleeve now. ?

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I know your shaak~ing in your boots thinking what does rehab have up his sleeve now. ?

Now I am :efee96588e:

10 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Up your sleeve? I thought everything up your left sleeve at least were screwed up tight... ?

On 5/2/2018 at 7:27 AM, mrelwood said:

I’d say Gotway vs all others actually.

Somewhere there must have even been an outbreak of GW faceplants before I had heard of the model... Don’t remember which time it was though.

Exactly the point why stick still with KS: Better electronics, by miles. Its not about delays or releases but quality and safety.

Archived