Jump to content

Kingsong Vs Gotway releases:


Hatchet
 Share

Recommended Posts

I’d say Gotway vs all others actually.

Somewhere there must have even been an outbreak of GW faceplants before I had heard of the model... Don’t remember which time it was though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

I’d say Gotway vs all others actually.

Somewhere there must have even been an outbreak of GW faceplants before I had heard of the model... Don’t remember which time it was though.

True that. When I discovered EUCs I new only of Ninebot, then INmotion and King Song. I heard about Gotway only via bad press.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jerome said:

True that. When I discovered EUCs I new only of Ninebot, then INmotion and King Song. I heard about Gotway only via bad press.

You know the saying, "There is no such thing as bad press".

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Hatchet said:

Kingsong:efef50e3ba:: "We have a wheel coming in the next year!" .."Some leaked specs!" .."First pictures (close scrutiny for hidden details)" .."It will be released in May!" .."It's delayed until June"

Gotway:eff02be2d7:: "You want a new wheel? Here, 19" x 3", and oh i dunno ..2,000w motor? Sure, here ya go kid knock yerself out. Oh, I almost forgot, we retrofitted all our best wheels with the Tesla motor."

:efee612b4b::efee612b4b::efee612b4b:

Best idiom use award for this forum goes to you! :efefae4566:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

And I must say, the KS18L design is looking rather dated now, IMHO.

I always thought the KS18L looked too big and odd. Kingsong could have a real winner in the KS16s if they would only upgrade it to compete with the Tesla.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, wheelr said:

I always thought the KS18L looked too big and odd. Kingsong could have a real winner in the KS16s if they would only upgrade it to compete with the Tesla.

I think the KS18L looks too big because they simply scaled up their smaller designs. You'll notice that the other big wheels (Z10, MSuper, Monster) expose the tire fore and aft which reduces the shell size so the wheel doesn't look so big. That's what KingSong should have done on the KS18L.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, wheelr said:

I always thought the KS18L looked too big and odd. Kingsong could have a real winner in the KS16s if they would only upgrade it to compete with the Tesla.

I think KingSong is in danger of becoming the stodgy old wheel manufacturer. They make solid reliable wheels, but there's no flair or excitement associated with the brand.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

king song taking their time to properly test the wheel vs letting the user base test their wheel with their face.  I prefer the former.

Look at the design from gotway, it looks like it is design by a kid.  

So far, ninebot has the best looking design.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I think the KS18L looks too big because they simply scaled up their smaller designs. You'll notice that the other big wheels (Z10, MSuper, Monster) expose the tire fore and aft which reduces the shell size so the wheel doesn't look so big. That's what KingSong should have done on the KS18L.

There is something to be said about how good a slim wheel feels.  For me, I’ve not like the thick wheels and the unusual stance that come with them.  I’m sure there eventually will be issues with knees and joints from the wide stance vs the more ergonomic narrower stance.  Inmotion made a big deal out of this in their V10 release presentation.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I think KingSong is in danger of becoming the stodgy old wheel manufacturer. They make solid reliable wheels, but there's no flair or excitement associated with the brand.

Yip, unfortunatly i am with you...

By all means, it just has taken to long to release the 18L, which for sure is a great wheel. Hopefully it has the same statistics as the other S series...so that they still have a place in the market. 

Latest burn of the "newest board" of the Monster 100V shows that GW might be pumping out wheels much faster...but stil didnt give that much on testing their stuff.

So to wait for a 1600wh Version of the 18L might come out the same as to wait for a "reliable"new Msuper X.

But as said, i am with you, bad marketing, slow reactions to what the market wants, so many things where they can progress....

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, US69 said:

Yip, unfortunatly i am with you...

By all means, it just has taken to long to release the 18L, which for sure is a great wheel. Hopefully it has the same statistics as the other S series...so that they still have a place in the market. 

Latest burn of the "newest board" of the Monster 100V shows that GW might be pumping out wheels much faster...but stil didnt give that much on testing their stuff.

So to wait for a 1600wh Version of the 18L might come out the same as to wait for a "reliable"new Msuper X.

But as said, i am with you, bad marketing, slow reactions to what the market wants, so many things where they can progress....

Do we know that the MSuper X is not reliable?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

king song taking their time to properly test the wheel vs letting the user base test their wheel with their face.  I prefer the former.

Look at the design from gotway, it looks like it is design by a kid.  

So far, ninebot has the best looking design.  

You're starting to sound like an old man. Get off my lawn kid!

:laughbounce2:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, wheelr said:

 Regardless of competing  with the Tesla, the KS16s needs more speed. Every time I see someone riding it, it beeps and beeps and beeps.

Agreed. Invariably, during group rides, it's always the KingSong wheels which are beeping away as we ride. Noisy buggers :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kasenutty said:

I really like my 16s, wheelr, it doesn't matter if it competes with the Tesla to me. I'd rather have a working 16s than a broken Tesla. As for the new models, 18l and Msuperx are the only ones holding my attention, even though the MSuper 19x looks pretty stupid with it's dumb lights and super ugly design. The v10 is too 16 inch and the Z is too unknown at this point. 

I'll be ready to get a new superwheel at some point during the summer and I think it will be an 18L or 19 inch MSuper. Maybe even an 18s on sale, I have a desire to ride seated and a desire to ride far. 

If you like the 16S, you will hate the Msuper.  I did.  So much so I refused to ride it and put it up for sale as soon as i could.  I dont think they fixed the top heavy design issues in the new version.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Do we know that the MSuper X is not reliable?

Nope, sure we dont know...thats why i say say "might" and put reliable in ""...

The reason why i said this because there is allready the first fail report of the new board which they use in it!

I got up into flames on a new 100V Monster, which uses the same new board....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You're starting to sound like an old man. Get off my lawn kid!

:laughbounce2:

proper mature design comes from good cable management and space management of which Gotway has none.  so that is why i said it looks like it was design by a kid.  also, from msuper to msuper +, all they did was oh, lets just cut up the old shell add a thicker screw on panel to fit in more batteries.  

they are just doing everything quick an dirty, no real though into making a good, safe product.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

See, this is why we need diversity and competition in the EUC market. @kasenutty thinks the MSuper X design is awful, yet I think it's the coolest thing ever. Presumably he likes the KS18L whereas I think, eh.

It's great that we have choices in the various wheel sizes. Something for everyone.

Thanks for saying it, @Marty Backe! I thought the same thing. How could you not drool over the MsuperX design? But, hey, it's all subjective, I guess. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...