For those who know both wheels like Marty Backe

Hi there everyone, I was just wonder if the Gotway Tesla feels less powerful then the inmotion v10f or vice-versa, and/or if there is any difference in the feeling of power between the two whilst riding it, in that I mean as far as the feeling of when you’re  riding it. I know the v10f some people have been saying that it is a slow wheel, as far as city transit goes, and all that, any thought? 

V10f has top speed of just 40 kph at 100% battery. For city riding this is a bit too slow, you need torque and speed to get out of a bad spot fast, if you're cruising at near tilt back, you got nothing left to make a sprint if need be.

I'm sure it's completely fine as you get used to it, but I won't pay this much for a wheel in this day and age where I may ever hit tiltback (im a slow rider).

The first impression I had when riding a Tesla was "smooth/power/holy %$#@ this feels good". I imagine the ACM2 is the same. The V10f I rode I believe was pre-app release, so likely the pedals were soft, not set to expert yet, so I can judge it fairly, but it was more soft and comfortable (great actually) than a feel of being able to drop the hammer.

I haven't tried a V10f so can't comment on it yet, I owned a Tesla not long ago. The Tesla packs a real punch, you can't ride a Tesla and feel it is underpowered, it has eye watering never-ending  acceleration that feels linear.  You end up feeling comfortable maintaining speeds of 40kmh and above for long periods depending on your battery level, has huge power reserves. It is also quite silent and that adds to the drama/ sensation. 

from what I read the v10f is a little slow when compared to the Tesla.  I really wanted the v8 features in a 31mph wheel but we got the v8 features in a 25mph wheel which is kinda meh when you are used to a rock solid 28mph cruiser.

After riding the V10F for ~30-miles and the Tesla for hundreds, here's my one sentence comparison review :)

Think of the V10F as a better built, much slower, slightly less agile, and much louder version of the Tesla, with a crappier trolley handle and slipperier yet taller and bigger pedals.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

After riding the V10F for ~30-miles and the Tesla for hundreds, here's my one sentence comparison review :)

Think of the V10F as a better built, much slower, slightly less agile, and much louder version of the Tesla, with a crappier trolley handle and slipperier yet taller and bigger pedals.

Ouch, that must've hurt someone somewhere.

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

The Tesla is also $150 usd cheaper. I think the Tesla will continue to be in high demand despite the (same motor-electronics) ACMv2 with the larger battery and the new V10F. We shall see.

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

So the difference in big hill performance wasn't enough to make the one sentence comparison? Would the Tesla easily/quickly make it up Overheat Hill if you just rested it for 30-60 seconds halfway up? If so, I can see why the difference in hill performance wouldn't be worth mentioning, in a short one sentence comparison.

Sounds like maybe the V10F is only superior as an extreme off-road x-sports type wheel than the Tesla, while the Tesla is a better street and all around wheel except for potential differences in build quality.

Silence is a nice trait in a wheel. 

8 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

So the difference in big hill performance wasn't enough to make the one sentence comparison? Would the Tesla easily/quickly make it up Overheat Hill if you just rested it for 30-60 seconds halfway up? If so, I can see why the difference in hill performance wouldn't be worth mentioning, in a short one sentence comparison.

Sounds like maybe the V10F is only superior as an extreme off-road x-sports type wheel than the Tesla, while the Tesla is a better street and all around wheel except for potential differences in build quality.

Silence is a nice trait in a wheel. 

Well, I didn't want to turn the sentence into a paragraph :)  I'm trying to be very succinct in my comparison between the two wheels, not a V10F review. It's a great wheel and I'd prefer using the V10F in the mountains than the Tesla because of the higher pedals.

Although I've taken the Tesla on a mountain stress test ride (there's a two part video of the ride) I did not take it up overheat hill. I'm thinking about giving that a try.

The ACM2 climbed the hill easy, with a break midway up. So I'm sure the Tesla would do even better since it's a lighter wheel.

After obsessing over 16" wheels for a long time, I've come back to the ACM2 being the superior 16" on the market (having never ridden one, ha). Throw a fat 3" tire on an ACM and I'd be in heaven.

I'm a noob who is trying to pick between the Tesla and the KS16S.  Looking to ride about 10 miles a day, all flat surface on trail.  At 6 feet 210lbs, I'm favoring the Tesla but mainly for looks ?

Archived