Ninebot One P pad and circular magnet losing stickiness

fallentalent

I have been using my Ninebot one P for two years. Recently, I noticed that whenever I flip open the foot pedal, the pad would fall out together with the circular magnet behind it. It seems to lose its stickiness. This makes it impossible for me to close the foot pedal as I have to stick back the pad with the circular magnet behind to carry on with the journey whenever I stopped and close the foot pedal. Does anyone knows what is the name of the glue that stick the small circular magnet behind the pad? 

1 hour ago, fallentalent said:

I have been using my Ninebot one P for two years. Recently, I noticed that whenever I flip open the foot pedal, the pad would fall out together with the circular magnet behind it. It seems to lose its stickiness. This makes it impossible for me to close the foot pedal as I have to stick back the pad with the circular magnet behind to carry on with the journey whenever I stopped and close the foot pedal. Does anyone knows what is the name of the glue that stick the small circular magnet behind the pad? 

As far as I know, they just used a generic white silicone or hot-glue-type substance. I've owned my Ninebot One E+ for 3 years now, and I was recently having the exact same problem with my left ankle pad/magnet combo, so I literally just hot-glued the magnet back into place, and overlapped the "top"/"outside" edge of the magnet a little bit with a thin layer of hot glue so that it can't come loose over time and slip out again. It's worked well for me and I haven't had any problems with it since I applied my fix.

Magnet.thumb.jpg.a4475268ba8b5ed842890c1104fb7066.jpg1437919535_Magnetpic.png.45ba062ed42449deef55ef07627e1538.png

I know it may be hard to see exactly what I did in the picture, but it took all of 2 minutes and has worked perfectly since then. Just make sure you put your magnet in the right way! xD

Thanks for your help. I do not want the circular magnet to be stuck to the plastic permanently. As in, the glue should be versatile enough for me to remove the circular magnet in the future when needed. In that case, would you recommend white silicone or hot glue? ?

Actually, I would still recommend the hot glue because if you need to, you can always pry the magnet out of it and scrape off any hot glue remaining in the well. If you use silicone, it will be much harder to remove due to it's super-high adhesion level. If you look carefully at the little mounting well that the magnet is seated in, there is a small notch in one side of it that you can stick a small screw driver into to help remove the magnet if you need to. 

Pry.png.e6792cd18cd7996f06f19a993f0876ff.png

Also, if you have a heat-gun or a hair dryer lying around, it can be used to re-soften or re-melt the hot glue if needed, but not with silicone. Once Silicone is on, it's stuck there and will fight you if you try and remove it!

1 hour ago, Arbolest said:

Actually, I would still recommend the hot glue because if you need to, you can always pry the magnet out of it and scrape off any hot glue remaining in the well. If you use silicone, it will be much harder to remove due to it's super-high adhesion level. If you look carefully at the little mounting well that the magnet is seated in, there is a small notch in one side of it that you can stick a small screw driver into to help remove the magnet if you need to. 

Pry.png.e6792cd18cd7996f06f19a993f0876ff.png

Also, if you have a heat-gun or a hair dryer lying around, it can be used to re-soften or re-melt the hot glue if needed, but not with silicone. Once Silicone is on, it's stuck there and will fight you if you try and remove it!

Really thanks for your help. Just bought a hot glue to try....?

Archived