Monster 100v with 2500Wh Battery?

Hey @Jason McNeil ... can you please check on the validity of this post?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GotWay/permalink/1793182950740019/

Apparently, Facebook user "Ccw Titan" claims you can special order a Monster 100v with 2500Wh battery pack directly from Hong Kong.  He recommended I contact a guy on Facebook "Yatwah Li" (https://www.facebook.com/yatwah.li.7) to find out more info.

Can you please check with your Gotway contacts and ask about this?  If so, can you let the group know if its possible to order these through eWheels and how long you think they would take to special order?

Thanks!

Edited by Charles McLean
  • Upvote 1

That would mean they somehow managed to get an additional 48 cells into the shell (2/3 the size of the standard GW battery pack) . Comes out to 2486Wh. Not sure if there's enough space for that in there, but maybe there is? Some strangely shaped custom battery. Wondering if this (if true) is by GW or just a third party extended battery.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, meepmeepmayer said:

That would mean they somehow managed to get an additional 48 cells into the shell (2/3 the size of the standard GW battery pack) . Comes out to 2486Wh. Not sure if there's enough space for that in there, but maybe there is? Some strangely shaped custom battery. Wondering if this (if true) is by GW or just a third party extended battery.

My bet is they're just mistakenly talking about the 84V 2400Wh Monster, as Gotway didn't try to add the extra 20S pack in the board crevice of the 84V.

• Upvote 1

Yip...

You are able to pack on each side one smalll 24s1p, so each side about plus 310wh, so that you have about 2460wh then...

Normal usage of 1oo V Monster is 3x615wh...2x615 on none board side, and 615wh on board side.

but thats not GW doing this!!! it is DIY....

Edited by US69
  • Upvote 2

Wow!  I am expecting mine to arrive this week, I have no intention of reaching those speeds. Atleast the guy is still alive!

• Like 1

Just now, Edddeus said:

Wow!  I am expecting mine to arrive this week, I have no intention of reaching those speeds. Atleast the guy is still alive!

Yeah, we are waiting to hear what happend....

4 minutes ago, Edddeus said:

I did Hear of someone crashing on an early 100V prototype model last year  in Switzerland, apparently he was eating Sushi while riding at 50kmh.....

Haha, yip.-..remember that, too!

(how stupid can one be, please?!)

• Upvote 1

• Those photos look like a hack job tbh. Will they have to cut out parts of the shell? :efeeab781c: Though it makes sense that people pester GW that the 100V Monster should have the obvious big battery as well. So only natural this might be a thing.
  • Bit disappointed how they didn't make a new shell for this as well as the msuper X. Not enough space/wasted space for battery here, not enough tire clearance for the X. Both wheels could really benefit from a new shell design. Hm...
  • Pretty sure 65km/h = overspeed/overlean/warnings ignored. Or maybe just a surprise obstacle?
  • Does anyone know whether the "old" 100V Monster is the same as the new one (especially with the new board with the better motor cable connectors and whatnot), or if these two are more or less unrelated/one is an evolution of the other?

The prototype 100V Monster which they produced last summer used the same 1600w motor as the 84V models.

The motor has now been upgraded and is now 2000w from what I have heard. 

Edited by Edddeus
Incomplete
  • Upvote 2

If only someone lent me their 100V ?. The Tesla 16 inch wheel manages 50kph comfortably on smooth surface. 22 inches will make it seem average.

Edited by Edddeus
Incomplete

19 hours ago, Edddeus said:

I did Hear of someone crashing on an early 100V prototype model last year  in Switzerland, apparently he was eating Sushi while riding at 50kmh.....

Is there more info. on this anywhere?

Oh boy, It doesn't seem safe at all.

Apparently my order for one has been refunded without any explanation. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise ?

1 hour ago, US69 said:

Latest news on the 100V 40mph crash is that it has been a board fault, the board even burning afterwards.....

Aaah, and it was btw one of the newest 100V Monsters out there, the one with the new board etc etc...

Just now, Edddeus said:

Oh boy, It doesn't seem safe at all.

Apparently my order for one has been refunded without any explanation. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise ?

Still eager to know what happend exactly....i would love to have a 100V Monster, too, but what gets me off actual is the crazy price! ?

I read what happened. I will have to send you a message privately. 

2 hours ago, Edddeus said:

I read what happened. I will have to send you a message privately. 

Why can't we all learn what happened :confused1:

18 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Hello Marty, It's pretty much what US69 confirmed earlier, if you go on facebook and read the comments under EUC NYC 100V spin test video post, it's there. 

Edited by Edddeus
Incomplete
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/819824711409186?view=permalink&id=1572609339464049

Here is the link in Facebook to the sushi accident. It doesn't appear to be anything other than user error. I couldn't find any reference to a blown mosfet.

• Like 1