Going from 16inch max 30km/h to 40km/h. What euc?

alcatraz

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

I ride a 16S with a 2.5” tire. I’d never go back to the skinny 2.125” because of how much nicer the fattie handles rough and soft patches on dirt roads and off-road. If I were to ride on pavement only, I wouldn’t have an issue with the narrow tire, even at speed.

Because it's hard to slow down from 40km/h if there is a sudden bump (some are hard to spot) I wouldn't want to cruise at 40km/h with a 16x2.125inch tire. It wouldn't be very forgiving. It's about the weight and the tire pressure I think. A larger tire can run a lower pressure and just take up all the bumps.

I'd be ok with a 16 inch at the speed I think, but the increased width would be necessary I think. Seeing as 16x2.5 is not a common standard and that 18inch wheels are almost as light as 16inch these days and possibly a bit more stable, I say why not go 18inch for as a main wheel even in the city. 

Weight and width matter to me for city riding as it has to be able to go through narrow passages. There is no point in wheeling in a city if you can't pass standing traffic.

It's a reason why I don't like gotway (apart from tesla). Their width. I'm tempted only by the older narrower msuper but I'm sure that has other issues.

I don't like paying premium for wheels either so I guess I'll ride this V8 and be annoyed with the speed some more until I get a deal on a Kingsong KS-18L.

Does someone know the wheel body width of the KS-18L. The specs show 180mm but I'm not sure that is the same kind of measurement as in this table. 7 inches? Does that include the folded in pedals or not? The effective riding width will depend on the width without the thickness of the pedals. I wonder if this is what's being presented in the table.

eWheels-Highend-Products-16-Apr-18-1024x

I believe they are all body measures, the width you hold between your legs while riding.

What a peculiar sounding phrase I wrote there.

Archived