Attention 3d printer owners......................

Acturbo

49 minutes ago, OldFartRides said:

What’s the price tag on that gizmo ?

$199 deposit. $1,800 before shipping $1,999 total. 

You can buy a cheap 3D printer for $230. That is, if you like tinker frustration. You could build a business on $230 printers. It just takes time and constant small adjustments to get things to work reasonably. 

As 3D printers go, the Prusa name is known for its problem free printing. After learning on a Creality printer the Prusa is child’s play. Of course we don’t have any real use info on the XL yet. …. 16 individual controlled bed plates with thermistors !!! 5 heads with hot color or nozzle size change !!! :dribble: Game Changer!! 

Edited by RockyTop

On 11/18/2021 at 3:05 PM, RockyTop said:

LOOK WHATS OUT!   
Ok, maybe you don’t get it but this is big! XL in fact. Prusa just released their newest printer and it has all the improvements that I have been dreaming of. Next level stuff!!  ( 2nd - 3rd Q 2022) I put my deposit down. …. And so did my daughter. … I

I have the MK3S+ and have been thinking since yesterday what I could print with the XL printer, but until today I have unfortunately not yet thought of anything. Annoying! :angry:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

I have the MK3S+ and have been thinking since yesterday what I could print with the XL printer, but until today I have unfortunately not yet thought of anything. Annoying! :angry:

8x10 picture frames for the wife? :whistling:
those extra long Lincoln logs for the kids? ( “do it for the Children!!!” ):D
XL power pads?

The self build option looks like it is going to take more time than the MK3S+. Josef better send at least two bags of gummy bears.

I got an email today saying mine might show up in February. I ordered as soon as the website was available yesterday. I would hate to guess how many have been ordered sense then.  

Edited by RockyTop
  • Like 1

$2k for a hobby printer? Wow, thats pretty steep. Looks like fun, but i honestly can't think of what I would do with such a device that prints plastics. I want one that prints in forged steel and aluminum. Looks really nice tho. I wonder how much all in for the 5 color changes? ;)

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

How many tools your ordered? 😬

I ordered two printers. At least one of them is going to have more than one tool. I have until shipping day to decide. The printer with two tools is $2,500. Five is $3,400. You can buy and add them when ever you want but it is easier if you start with two. You add an expansion board that expands up to 5 tools. 

Also Josef said that other tools will be added later. (laser, not sure what else)

Edited by RockyTop
  • Like 2