Have you though of getting an Ebike instead?

yourtoys7

1 hour ago, ubertoad said:

The alternative is electric scooter. Bikes are not direct competitors. They are larger - harder to get into other transport, malls, harder to carry into apartments etc. Even electric scooters are worse, as they are more bulky and folding them is way harder.

electric scooter (road legal) are more like a car because the need of license, plate and insurance. The euc a personal mobility vehicle like electric bike, kick electric scooter, skateboards and Segways. All of those are banned from highways and barely used in roads not the same as the electric motorbikes/scooters.

EUC have no competitors because his small, versatile and fun configuration but bikes and kick scooters have mutch more stability, range and speed

3 minutes ago, Demargon said:

electric scooter (road legal) are more like a car because the need of license, plate and insurance. The euc a personal mobility vehicle like electric bike, kick electric scooter, skateboards and Segways. All of those are banned from highways and barely used in roads not the same as the electric motorbikes/scooters.

EUC have no competitors because his small, versatile and fun configuration but bikes and kick scooters have mutch more stability, range and speed

Likely what I mean is electric kick scooter. Legal usage, well, varies.

6 hours ago, wehey said:

I fitted a conversion kit to my mountain bike and it has been one of the best things I ever bought. 

Its so good that I have just sold my motorbike which I only used for local trips.

it has a 500w motor and 48v 10.5ah battery and will do me for about 30 miles.

The whole kit was about £700 

IMG_1964.PNG

How do you feel about the front hub drive, compared with the rear wheel drive?

19 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

We have this Project X arriving in the next 3-4 weeks: 

• Weighs only 33lb, with the battery!
  • Italian Designed, really quite beautiful, available in Black, White, & Red
  • Easiest/fastest folding eBike that exists anywhere, 4 seconds to fold
  • Trolley wheels 
  • 250W motor & 230Wh battery pack 
  • Max speed of 20MPH 
  • Battery is integrated into the frame, takes 20 seconds to swap it out
  • 4 levels of torque assist (output is automatically adjusted by defined Rider's effort) 
  • Adjustable seat & handlebar 
  • Front disc brake 
  • Light fixture feeds off the main battery 
  • Battery can be charged independently of the bike
  • There will be a special version of the battery that is compatible with flying regulations, e.g. can be taken on a plane
  • Front & Rear fenders (standard)
  • Kickstand (standard)
  • Memory foam seat (optional) 
  • Travel bag (optional)
  • For the first 20 sales, introductory pricing of $999 

uc?export=view&id=1anObEudASSwCvBsdSiQ5U

Love the design. But wondering whether the small battery size. Travel-wise: with bike share appearing in major cities, this should be a non-issue. 

30 minutes ago, EUCMania said:

How do you feel about the front hub drive, compared with the rear wheel drive?

I don’t have any feelings about it lol. 

It just works. 

You can buy the it as a rear wheel too. 

I have a shimano rear hub gear set too so I wanted the option of using it as well as the conventional gear setup

https://flic.kr/p/26yHFyU

I just finished (almost) my ebike projekt this week.

I have 1500W rear motor and I use euc 60V batteries.

I have 2 eucs and 3 ebikes (250W/36V, 1000W/48V, 1500W/60V) now. Batteries are the most expensive parts of the system.  I think I can use same batteries in different places. So I will get rid of the other ebikes and stay with this 1500W.

Now I have one 60V 360Wh in bike, 2x340Wh in MCM4 and 2x410Wh in Msuper so ...

EUC and ebike are for different purposes. Both are great??

Sorry, link is not working. I have only my phone??

Building a 5k watt monster ebike for sure soon.  I love my Telsa but it and any other EUC is a ticking time bomb for safety, there is no way to be safe and go 30mph.  My ebike will do 50mph+ which isn't safe either but when the electrics crap out at least I should coast to a stop instead of a concrete sandwich.

9 hours ago, Demargon said:
10 hours ago, ubertoad said:

The alternative is electric scooter. Bikes are not direct competitors. They are larger - harder to get into other transport, malls, harder to carry into apartments etc. Even electric scooters are worse, as they are more bulky and folding them is way harder.

The road legal electric scooter is starting to get interesting... Some are quite capable, while others appear to be scaled-up versions of electric kick scooters. Unfortunately, the more capable ones are limited by US laws preventing unregistered scooters from exceeding 30mph (just like 50cc gas scooters). This just makes (rogue) e-bikes all the more attractive in the short run (but will have to compete with registered e-scooters from Italy and Japan soon). :efee6b18f3:

Then again, gas scooters at these price points and performance levels are very competitive (making it hard to justify going electric). My 125cc [gas] scooter is far more practical than an e-bike (on the streets at least). Scale-down a bit and were right back to portable e-scooters, folding e-bikes, and EUC's. For my money, EUC's win hands down, (but I still like to revisit EV's I've tried in the past and see what's possible with today's technology). :efefd0f676:

41C2JFV274L.jpg.4b0e4c35c198ac6c1e0fab6ad7e65e6a.jpg

I got an e-scooter like this after my first e-bike. It was very light and powerful and worked great with public transport. Awesome, yet unable to compete with 23cc 2-stroke gas scooters at the time. :efee8c29ce:

I'll be heading out to couple of stores in Toronto for a test, Have seen some single gear eBikes, they look so slick and with 3rd or higher level assist, you wont brake a sweat.

For the price of new msuper X, one can get a very good ebike.

On 4/27/2018 at 9:45 PM, yourtoys7 said:

I have... safety is number one of course. If/ when the battery cuts down, you WILL NOT fall face forward ? and you can still paddle to your destination. It just looks like another bike, you're not bagging for attention or (Cool factor). ECU is more portable and yes, longer battery. On a bike you do get some exercises and you do sit on you bum all the time = resting :)

I've been thinking about it, going back and forth..

Owning both EUC and Bosch powered e-bike, I would say they are complementary rather then opposed. EUC is much more practical for strolling around the city - no theft concerns, smaller, portable, can take it inside the stores, less intrusive if you have to use sidewalk.... E-bike on the other hand is certainly more comfortable and capable especially for long off road rides, inherently far safer due to two wheels, easily climbs any curb, if you want you can get as much exercise on it as you like through choosing assist level, but at least in my city you simply can't safely leave it anywhere (or any other valuable bike).

Mostly would be used for work, some recreational use as well, last week after 12hrs. shift and being in my feet all day, my euc’ ride was not as fun, it’s only 25 min ride. 

When im not working I can easily go for 1-1:30min. ride. But not during working and I would love to ride to work to safe on parking and gas..... it adds up in the end.

Safety might just be the biggest aspect of the whole thing, but not as fun ?

Archived