In the Heat of the .. Day

Seriously?

You're worried about this in Philly?  (Planning on crossing the desert on a unicycle anytime soon?)

I ride in 90 degree weather and I haven't had any overheating issues (with my wheel)... :efefc8626c:

3 hours ago, RayRay said:

Seriously?

You're worried about this in Philly?  (Planning on crossing the desert on a unicycle anytime soon?)

I ride in 90 degree weather and I haven't had any overheating issues (with my wheel)... :efefc8626c:

In the summer, we don't have the humidity you have but temps can stay in the 90s a large part of July and August. I saw the specs on the V10F (probably a misprint) that said the high end of the operating temperature range was 104 deg F. I suspect it was suppose to be 140 deg F .. but still. The asphalt can definitely get to be 120 deg F and if one is riding for a hour or so continuously, or with lots of starts and stops in that kind of heat, with the normal problem of dissipating heat with hub motors, it caused room for concern. I haven't seen any complaints from people in the southwest, so I guess it's no worries. Then again maybe they don't ride in real hot weather on a regular basis.

Archived