range test with lights off v8

Zerloth

I just rode 14.6 miles with the v8 with all its lights off and still had 52% battery life left, flat ground, average speed 13mph.  Just a little information for anyone that has ridden that far with lights on if they wanted to compare...

46 minutes ago, Zerloth said:

I just rode 14.6 miles with the v8 with all its lights off and still had 52% battery life left, flat ground, average speed 13mph.  Just a little information for anyone that has ridden that far with lights on if they wanted to compare...

How much do you weigh?

That is a long way for that amount of usage.

When did you check the battery level? While riding or after stopping as the battery level will rise when you stop drawing current but fall again by around 10-15% the second you move with a lower battery? And what were the ride characteristics? Average was 13mph, but was that a result of a mix of faster and slower riding with acceleration and deceleration or an almost uninterrupted run of constant 13mph?

I also weigh 160 and live in the flat lands of Florida. When speed limited to about 15mph top speed I saw a total range of about 26 miles but when upping the limit to the max (19.6mph) I fell to 23 and that was from a full (balancing) charge to tilt-back shutdown at 0%. All these rides were a mix of faster and slower riding that averaged about the same as you.

• Like 1

I live in central New Jersey and ride through Plainfield, Fanwood, Westfield towards Mountainside....lots of hills, up and down....  I ride a year old V8 I got from Jason.

I'm 5'11, 174 lbs.

After riding for 9.6 ml on a full battery I get 35% remaining. At this point is hard to get the wheel to reach 17 mph. In theory I should be able to ride for 15 miles.

9.6/65%=1%*100=14.8 miles

I'm sorry I don't use the lights very often.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Huakin said:

I live in central New Jersey and ride through Plainfield, Fanwood, Westfield towards Mountainside....lots of hills, up and down....  I ride a year old V8 I got from Jason.

I'm 5'11, 174 lbs.

After riding for 9.6 ml on a full battery I get 35% remaining. At this point is hard to get the wheel to reach 17 mph. In theory I should be able to ride for 15 miles.

9.6/65%=1%*100=14.8 miles

I'm sorry I don't use the lights very often.

This is actually encouraging in a matter not related to the topic. You actually have ridden your EUC in NJ without being stopped/fined/confiscated)? I thought every EPMD was banned in NJ  (e-boards,e-kickscooters, even e-bikes and Segways?) If NJ hasn't banned EUCs there is hope that it may become officially legal in some form everywhere.?

On 4/26/2018 at 3:57 AM, Zerloth said:

I really would be surprised if the lights make much difference. Assuming your figures are repeatable that would be roughly 30 miles from 480Wh or 16Wh per mile. 

What are the lights going to consume? 5 watts tops? So that would be 5Wh per hour - having the lights on for 3 hours would not quite shave one mile off of your total range.

• Like 1

@Jerome I’ve been riding the TG-T3, The Airwheel Q3, Ninebot One, InMotion V3, and InMotion V8 for a couple of years already (except for the V8, only 13 months).

My 13 year old rides his V8 to school and back home everyday, my 15 year old rides her V3 to her friend’s sweet 16 Dance rehearsals 3 to 4 times a week and I ride my V8 to and from work and while at work every day.

I had a few encounters with the police in the past but they mainly want to know how the machine operates, where can they get one and obviously how much. (I always send them to Jason’s website)

NJ Transit has “hoverboards” banned from their terminals trains and buses but I never had a problem, just questions and where can they get one.

I remember once a bus driver ask me what I was bringing to the bus and I told him that it was a measuring device, he said ok.

I instructed my kids to avoid the word “electric” until they have no option, then if they get to the “no option” time, explain that it is a very sophisticated “electronic device”. Avoid the word “vehicle”

We don’t ride like daredevils (just me when I ride by myself) and when we go downtown we ride as slow as we can making sure to be respectful of others, not rushing people on sidewalks. Ultimately sidewalks are for pedestrians not for bikes or measuring device riding people.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Huakin said:

@Jerome I’ve been riding the TG-T3, The Airwheel Q3, Ninebot One, InMotion V3, and InMotion V8 for a couple of years already (except for the V8, only 13 months).

My 13 year old rides his V8 to school and back home everyday, my 15 year old rides her V3 to her friend’s sweet 16 Dance rehearsals 3 to 4 times a week and I ride my V8 to and from work and while at work every day.

I had a few encounters with the police in the past but they mainly want to know how the machine operates, where can they get one and obviously how much. (I always send them to Jason’s website)

NJ Transit has “hoverboards” banned from their terminals trains and buses but I never had a problem, just questions and where can they get one.

I remember once a bus driver ask me what I was bringing to the bus and I told him that it was a measuring device, he said ok.

I instructed my kids to avoid the word “electric” until they have no option, then if they get to the “no option” time, explain that it is a very sophisticated “electronic device”. Avoid the word “vehicle”

We don’t ride like daredevils (just me when I ride by myself) and when we go downtown we ride as slow as we can making sure to be respectful of others, not rushing people on sidewalks. Ultimately sidewalks are for pedestrians not for bikes or measuring device riding people. ??

Okay, you know the drill. I tell people its a one wheel Segway, their newest model and only goes 12.5 mph per PA's EPMD description. Other than the term "two-wheels" the Ninebot's conform to our EPMD state code. When I get larger wheel, I will still ride it very conservatively when on sidewalks or on crowded weekend bike/joggers paths. There are plenty of other points where one can stretch it our without drawing negative attention. I think I will keep in mind your "sophisticated electronic device" that can be used as a luggage carrier and walking aid.?

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

I got 28% left after (17mi from WheelLog, 20mi from My Tracks, same trip) without recharging. Weather was clear of 50F. I am about 153lb. I did not push the wheel. I mostly just let it slide or cruise whenever possible. The trip lasted 2hr and 16min. I have 333mi on it.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Im about 180lbs, have had my v8 for a few months now and it shut down right when I got home, EUC world app said that lowest battery level was 42% and it was probably 11 or 12 miles averaging 13mph. I'm worried that it needs a new battery even though it only has 234 miles on it. I do have a bit of a hill where our apartment is located, but I take it slow and by the top the battery gauge was red and yellow. What do you guys think? Also, how long does it take for the charger to fully balance the cells once it's green?