KingSong servers

acevalsl

Hi, I can connect with my new ks16s but I can not change alarms and others parameters because iOS app can not login my account.

Try with iOS and android and I can not login never.

someone know what happens with servers?

very good wheels but catastrophic service.

Feedbacks system in web return always error code

Skype call not work...........

??????????

9 hours ago, acevalsl said:

Hi, I can connect with my new ks16s but I can not change alarms and others parameters because iOS app can not login my account.

Try with iOS and android and I can not login never.

someone know what happens with servers?

very good wheels but catastrophic service.

Feedbacks system in web return always error code

Skype call not work...........

??????????

I also have some Problems with Login in (using IOS) but after some restarts and retrys it finally works.

Needs about 5-6 trys sometimes.

Nonetheless: You are right, bad app Problems lately...

Afaik an update of the IOS app is already in apple Review process and should Pop up soon....

Edited by US69

We need a program that is independent of login with servers. no cannot depend on their servers to configure our KS. waiting that the new app to solve problems, but it is necessary to remove the login to run the modification of parameters. the login only to social issues...but never for change our parameters.

@Flora Yuan Something to say about it?

Edited by acevalsl

The "new" apk of the kingsong app downloadable from their website (Kingsong_Aligned Android171211.apk) showed on my phone the version number 1.42

This shows once started the option to update - which does not work for me, even after several tries. So i looked a bit on the traffic - it tries to get http://jc.cnaite.cn/data/apk/Kingsong_Aligned.apk

Then i downloaded this apk and installed it - this says it's version 1.47. No app update notification more in the beginning, registering worked wo troubles.

Connection to my KS16S did not work automaticly most of the times - i had to press "disconnect", then a press on the now showing "Searching..." so i could select my KS from the list...

At firmware update it shows my actual Version V1,02, new version V-- -- and once i press the update button it tells me "Latest version, no update!"

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chriull said:

The "new" apk of the kingsong app downloadable from their website (Kingsong_Aligned Android171211.apk) showed on my phone the version number 1.42

This shows once started the option to update - which does not work for me, even after several tries. So i looked a bit on the traffic - it tries to get http://jc.cnaite.cn/data/apk/Kingsong_Aligned.apk

Then i downloaded this apk and installed it - this says it's version 1.47. No app update notification more in the beginning, registering worked wo troubles.

Connection to my KS16S did not work automaticly most of the times - i had to press "disconnect", then a press on the now showing "Searching..." so i could select my KS from the list...

At firmware update it shows my actual Version V1,02, new version V-- -- and once i press the update button it tells me "Latest version, no update!"

Yip, at least the update Servers are definitly down.

Are you able to Login?

15 minutes ago, US69 said:

Yip, at least the update Servers are definitly down.

On the computer the download worked - although it predicted 4 hours download time...  Finished faster, fortunately.

The phones have lower timeout thresholds and by this cancel the download?

Are you able to Login?

I was after registering. Now i can't try since i found no way to log out. It always shows my account so i'd assume i'm logged in?

If i press this orange checkin butten some chinese message shows up near the bottom and nothing happens...

Q2ZkYU4.png

Edited by Chriull
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chriull said:

I was after registering. Now i can't try since i found no way to log out. It always shows my account so i'd assume i'm logged in?

Yeah, then you are logged in....

I ask because on my IOS Version this is very tricky....and Needs a lot of trys.

But perhaps this is just because of the slow Connection, also.

13 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Q2ZkYU4.png

Google translate says this means "Today has checked in" - so checkin seems to work successfull, too?

(Speed) unlocking worked, too - including the code generation/request.

So just apk update from older versions seem to not work (internet connection to slow for mobile devices)? Or with the rest (registering/unlock) i had just good luck to try it at the right time? 

• Like 1

I also have App 1.47.

But I know, that at least Firmware 1.03 exists, also here in Europe. I also heard a rumor, that with the latest firmware 1.05, which seems to be only available in China, they raised the configurable maxspeed to 40 km/h. THAT would be cool!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, acevalsl said:

Update app but same firmware 1.03...........??

fmware updates will be open next week....announced by KS on facebook....

And yes....IOS update is now version 3.1

Android is 1.48

• 1 year later...

I could not register my new kingsong 18xl wheel with android KingSong app.

process of registration says "server busy" or try again later or any other message.

neither I receive my SMS for activation and the phone it's working fine.

I'm from ROMANIA

I am so bad with names at times. But Kingsong had one of their software/app developer looking into this forum from time to time. But I don't recall his name or tag. 

If you look in Kingsong thread group, you will see him posting on other app related threads. 

So they are trying to improve the app but I guess the Chinese Wall wasn't build overnight.....to me it is amazing how EUC companies neglect app development in general. 

Now Chinese government is forcing companies within China to track users, if that is part reason for the overly use of server bandwidth requirements I don't know. But it is a policy that I for one isn't a huge fan of, to say the least. 🤔

• Upvote 1

i have discovered DarknessBot as fair alternative to KingSong app.

I do not know exactly what I'm missing using DarknessBot instead of KingSong but if someone makes a side by side (versus) i'm eager to find out more about this.

19 hours ago, Unventor said:

Now Chinese government is forcing companies within China to track users, if that is part reason for the overly use of server bandwidth requirements I don't know. But it is a policy that I for one isn't a huge fan of, to say the least. 

Woah are you serious about this? Do you know if they will be monitoring users NOT in China as well since the company and data is probably still in China? 

53 minutes ago, prasket said:

Woah are you serious about this? Do you know if they will be monitoring users NOT in China as well since the company and data is probably still in China? 

As far as most government report is any traffic goes past a Chinese firewall to census unwanted opinions. 

Any smartphone inside China needs to report certain info to Chinese government/authority. 

This is why Nokia had a embarrassing moment with phone reporting non Chinese customer data to China and they had to issue emergency updates. But Nokia was not the only company who had this problem. 

The level of info reported was discovered by random by a Norwegian. 

Sadly this is what happens when a government is not abiding to gereral democracy principles. 

The interesting part here is Nokia model was a android one model, meaning as bare an naked Google android os as you can get without extra software or apps, yet the reporting code was present on phones outside China. 

I would expect that either servers at KS (or handling KS's data) are not up for the traffic load or the Chinese FW is limiting information flow.