So confused about Gotway's EUC models

I'm a greenhorn with EUC as I just started riding a couple of months ago, so I apologize in advance if this is a silly question. I'm seriously confused about the different Gotway models. It might come from my hesitation about looking deeper into it when I started riding as the overall vibe I picked up was "they're dangerous" or have flaky electronics. Now that I understand a bit better where these notions are coming from I am getting more interested in them as I deem these generalizations stemming from pushing the limits on these wheels. Anyway, I don't want to discuss that really but I would really like to understand what it is with the difficult availability of these wheels and the discrepancies that I see between the models listed on the official www.kebye.com website and the models listed on seller sites like Gotway America or eWheels.com. 

For instance, I am pretty tickled by the Gotway Tesla but you can't seem to buy it at any of the US seller sites, nor is it even listed as a model on kebye.com. Does that mean it's discontinued? It doesn't look like it as eWheels lists it as available for backorder, so I assume they still build it but why isn't it listed then on the manufacturer's website.
The same with the Monster. No listing on kebye.com but apparently there is nothing comparable out there, so why would it be discontinued (if that's what it means). The Monster is also not available anywhere in the US. 

Then there's the mystery of the Tesla vs. ACM. They are both 16" wheels. Is the ACM the successor of the Tesla or why come out with another 16" wheel? Seems silly and redundant. And it looks like the ACMv2 with the smaller battery which is still a lot bigger than the Tesla's is quite a bit cheaper than the Tesla (if you could buy the latter). Why? Is there something else missing in the ACMv2? It looks like the motor is the same as the one in the Tesla.

So, yeah, I am confused about their models and all the other stuff. Is there a Gotway aficionado out there who could educate me how this all makes sense?

Edited by MacPara
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, MacPara said:

Then there's the mystery of the Tesla vs. ACM. They are both 16" wheels. Is this the ACM the successor of the Tesla or why come out with another 16" wheel? Seems silly and redundant.

I hope not. In my opinion, the aesthetics and the balance of power and footprint of the Tesla, is the direction in which Gotway should go.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

as far as i know i heard someone calling the acm with 12mosfets the acm v2

but the one you have is an acm2 i assume?

i dont really know where to get the real answer from ?

and 580 extra what hours is the difference between "limited range" and "all day long"

if you think that is limited range... Then try a ninebot :D 

it is hard for me to drain my tesla.

and the tesla and the acm2 are still very similiar  in performance. You get about 25km extra on the acm. same motor power, different shell that looks more blocky on the acm suddenly makes it a "Warthog" :D and the tesla smaller battery and lights makes it a "prettyboy for city riding" 

the only real difference in specs is the battery and shell 

marty does love his acm(s) no doubt about that :D

Hey, I'm just trying to tell a good story without using dry technical terms :whistling:

Remember, I own a Tesla, so it's not like I'm a Tesla hater :)

There's no doubt in my mind that the ACM is better for taking abuse, and is a bit uglier (to some people), thus the warthog analogy.

I can ride for 55-miles on my ACM vs 35-miles on the Tesla. That feels like "all day long"

I'm just about to go for a ride on my Tesla right now. And it's a really fun wheel to ride in the evening, with the light show :thumbup:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i would say the tesla has a design like a supercar, stunning and it catches your eye

the acm looks blocky but it can be in a good way it looks sturdy and like a tank

but it is just a little too blocky for my tast

some like the acm because it grips your legs lower which some people feel makes it easier to turn and manoeuvre

personally i like the tesla the way it grips higher. 

it feels like its more locked in place and stable between your legs.

but all of this is personal taste ;)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Hey, I'm just trying to tell a good story without using dry technical terms :whistling:

Remember, I own a Tesla, so it's not like I'm a Tesla hater :)

There's no doubt in my mind that the ACM is better for taking abuse, and is a bit uglier (to some people), thus the warthog analogy.

I can ride for 55-miles on my ACM vs 35-miles on the Tesla. That feels like "all day long"

I'm just about to go for a ride on my Tesla right now. And it's a really fun wheel to ride in the evening, with the light show :thumbup:

it was just the funny description with the extreme contrast between the tesla and the acm i was joking about :P 

"prettyboy" "warthog" :D 

do we talk too much about wheels? :P 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

MTEN5 :clap3: Where do I send my money? 

I just saw a post by Gotway which makes me think that a new version of the M5 may be around the corner. For those of you not in the know, the M5 makes the Mten3 look like a Monster in comparison.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Joe Holliday said:

It doesn't help that we have distributors selling the ACM2 as ACMv2.

Yep, that definitely was something I thought was the same thing. Marty set me straight on that one!

• Like 2

Thanks to all the responders for taking the time to type up what should be on a Gotway website. It really doesn't look that complicated when put in context. The thing that really got (no pun) me was the ACM, ACM v2, ACM2 story. I mean, WTH?! Right?

• Like 2

So, the fact that some of the GW wheels are not available in the US (as in being in stock, ready to ship) is because the demand is exceeding the production rate? That would almost speak for itself, or it just shows bad planing on the production site ? Whichever view one prefers to take, right?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MacPara said:

So, the fact that some of the GW wheels are not available in the US (as in being in stock, ready to ship) is because the demand is exceeding the production rate? That would almost speak for itself, or it just shows bad planing on the production site ? Whichever view one prefers to take, right?

Exactly :D

You know, EWheels wasn't even going to carry the ACM any longer after the Tesla was released. Jason mistakenly assumed that the Tesla would obviate the need for the ACM. I think he got that wrong :)

It's definitely confusing that they have so many different models, but I certainly appreciate it as a consumer because they represent genuine improvements and not simply variation for variation sake.    

My guess is that Gotway is going to be the first EUC company to adopt Ninebot's wide/tubeless tire design.  They seem the best positioned to adapt quickly to changing market demands.  

If they release a Tesla with a wide/tubeless tire, I'll be first in line.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I just saw a post by Gotway which makes me think that a new version of the M5 may be around the corner. For those of you not in the know, the M5 makes the Mten3 look like a Monster in comparison.

I saw that video too  maybe 200W? :D

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

It's definitely confusing that they have so many different models, but I certainly appreciate it as a consumer because they represent genuine improvements and not simply variation for variation sake.    

My guess is that Gotway is going to be the first EUC company to adopt Ninebot's wide/tubeless tire design.  They seem the best positioned to adapt quickly to changing market demands.  

If they release a Tesla with a wide/tubeless tire, I'll be first in line.  

i was thinking of converting my tesla to tubeless. But it is a little complicated...

so i just ended up buying a kenda 2.50 wide tire. it will be arriving in a few weeks :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

For those of you not in the know, the M5 makes the Mten3 look like a Monster in comparison.

Woot, 5 inch wheel! How does it even work, put a motor and a thick enough axle to support a rider into this small diameter? And the pedal support brackets? Pedals can hardly only be 5cm/2.5in high. Must be an interesting form factor.

Cool. You have to give it to GW, they DO stuff.

9 hours ago, MacPara said:

Don't read much into stock availability. Once the manufacturers have their money, the take their sweet time actually delivering. Orders from before Christmas are only being shipped now! So you have some massive time delays, not nearly real-time happenings like on Amazon or so. Imagine communicating with Mars, can't do it live, but also things happen way before you see them happen.

Also dealers will maybe have 1 or 2 deliveries per month, unknown customs wait times, China-> rest of world shipping notification delays, etc. - stock is not that predictable and things can change quickly without warning.

Dealer websites aren't going to be 100% up-to-date all the time as well. Not even the best.

Here's a current overview for ewheels.com:

Always buy the wheel you want, not the one that (you think) happens to be available.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Upvote 1

I saw that post yesterday as well. I now know what I want for Christmas. It’ll be the perfect EUC enthusiasts stocking stuffer!:w00t2:

Edited by Scott Henley
  • Like 1

That thing looks cool, but I couldn't imagine it has a big enough battery to get you from your door to the end of your driveway and back!

• Like 2