Gotway Tesla new led modes

12 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

Great ? still some time till i push it, just wanna i know since i än used to the ninebot mini plus that is almost impossible to cutout...i managed twice... by brute force accel right after tiltback stopped... and once when trying to drift in gravel lol... was fun... until i tried at Max speed and it threw me off ?.

Just got around 4-5hours of riding on the tesla though (or more like step up, step off, catch tesla with belt) and now straights are fine...at least when at speed (wobbles a bit..first thought wheel was off...but i think its me...or my legs lol) and had my first ride without stop around a park....the feeling from going to stepup down up down...to just rolling is pretty epic ? i had it with my ninebot plus, but you learn  to ride that one within a minute or two so not really comparable. The tesla is MUUUUCH STIFFER than the mini plus.  Is almost that i wonder if it will ever accelerate...i lean but it does not really follow the way mini "leans with you"... hard to explain... it just feels like it wants to stay more upright than the mini.. or require more lean-in before something happens.  

Now im trying to figure out right turns, left works "ok" but right wobbles and feel super unsteady. Well, new day tomorrow...practice, fall, practice some more ?

glad i taped up the tesla in foam before i started cause it has sure had its tumbles (me not yet, still dont go past 25km/h so can "run off" when it goes sideways)IMG-20180626-WA0012.thumb.jpeg.cf83f7d4ca2908f5c1383b1ac7b59dc4.jpeg

i really like the look of the carbon shell on the tesla. mine is older and on mine its only the side panles that are carbon and the rest is matte rubberized plastic. now i wish i waited a little. i just love carbon fiber, but im trying to sell my tesla anyways. i really keep finding reasons to get an msuper X.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Shad0z said:

where did you watch the video?

Facebook. I am a member of the Gotway page and viewed it in the comment section. Mathias Gran could not believe what he saw ?

4 hours ago, Shad0z said:

i really like the look of the carbon shell on the tesla. mine is older and on mine its only the side panles that are carbon and the rest is matte rubberized plastic. now i wish i waited a little. i just love carbon fiber, but im trying to sell my tesla anyways. i really keep finding reasons to get an msuper X.

Yeah interesting.. from the pic it looks like he has one of the newest tesla's with the all carbon shell appearance. But if you look at how tec-toyz describes the "latest" tesla *Newest version - pads which go the full length of the side panels, newly designed side panels which allows for room for motor cables. His does not have different pads running full length of the side panels? I'm eyeing the Tesla but really honing in on what exactly the latest iteration from Gotway has done, visual updates etc.. 

The first release Tesla's like mine had the smaller leg pads at the top.  They tend to dig into the calves after riding at first so they released a new pad which is supposed to be softer that spans the entire width of the cover panel.  The new side panels are the plastic carbon fiber pattern embossed ones that have special plastic standoffs to help support the panel from bending inwards. 

The old one didn't have these plus the magnet holder tube inside was long so impacts to the side panel were transmitted to the motor cable harness if I recall correctly pinching it.  They did a quick and dirty mod to mine where they just took a grinder to trim the magnet holder tube down. Tec-Toyz has photos of the second generation of pads on.  I haven't had any issues with mine over 450 km so far.  Knock on wood.  Of course, I never drop it.  :efee6b18f3:   I treat it like a superbike.  Who wants to drop one of those?

24 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

The first release Tesla's like mine had the smaller leg pads at the top.  They tend to dig into the calves after riding at first so they released a new pad which is supposed to be softer that spans the entire width of the cover panel.  The new side panels are the plastic carbon fiber pattern embossed ones that have special plastic standoffs to help support the panel from bending inwards. 

The old one didn't have these plus the magnet holder tube inside was long so impacts to the side panel were transmitted to the motor cable harness if I recall correctly pinching it.  They did a quick and dirty mod to mine where they just took a grinder to trim the magnet holder tube down. Tec-Toyz has photos of the second generation of pads on.  I haven't had any issues with mine over 450 km so far.  Knock on wood.  Of course, I never drop it.  :efee6b18f3:   I treat it like a superbike.  Who wants to drop one of those?

Except for jumping and maybe some hill climbing activities, I'm starting to believe that pads have little purpose. Granted they are useful when learning, but after a couple years of riding I'm realizing that your legs need not touch the shell in a manner that requires padding. I think maybe the MCM5 has taught me this.

And the new MSuper X barely has pads (~1/8-inch thick). The Ninebot Z has no pads. Recognize the pattern developing here?

Eh, I'm a pad guy.  Pad thai?  :blink: Must be hungry... My Ninebot One E+ side pads aren't really cushy, but I liked them.  You're probably right that they aren't needed, but I think in some instances they help provide some added grip instead of a slippery plastic surface.  I don't do any tricks, but sometimes I find it nice to have a good friction point to my leg where the pad material is.  I don't really rely on it being soft and cushiony, but it's more for the grippyness I think.

7 hours ago, Edddeus said:

Facebook. I am a member of the Gotway page and viewed it in the comment section. Mathias Gran could not believe what he saw ?

guess whos video it is :D 

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Except for jumping and maybe some hill climbing activities, I'm starting to believe that pads have little purpose. Granted they are useful when learning, but after a couple years of riding I'm realizing that your legs need not touch the shell in a manner that requires padding. I think maybe the MCM5 has taught me this.

And the new MSuper X barely has pads (~1/8-inch thick). The Ninebot Z has no pads. Recognize the pattern developing here?

i agree. I have the new big sidepads. Good for comfort, but i think it feels like it traps your legs i took them off and now much better. I like how my legs can jeg freely move. it makes turns easier

3 hours ago, Shad0z said:

guess whos video it is :D 

I didn't realise the Tesla had that sort of stopping power. It is an incredible wheel. Imagine when they bring in a new model. OMG!

11 minutes ago, Edddeus said:

I didn't realise the Tesla had that sort of stopping power. It is an incredible wheel. Imagine when they bring in a new model. OMG!

imagine eucs in a few years. stopping in a few meters :roflmao:

Riding the Tesla with a mate of mine, Simon (video based on him), in East London. Really enjoying the Tesla so far.

On 6/27/2018 at 6:09 AM, Marty Backe said:

I never use my legs to stabilize. On my Rockwheel only the left pad touches my inner leg, slightly (probably because I have cowboy legs :lol: ). When riding off-road or climbing I only use my feet. Never tried jumping with my euc whereby I need to actually pull the euc up, so no experience there. I only jump to facilitate getting on a curb, but the euc stays on the ground.

The only time I required padding, and LOTS of it, was when learning how to mount. Boy did the inside of my leg hurt after an hour of practice ....

Archived