Gotway Tesla new led modes

6 hours ago, Afeez Kay said:

Marty a bit off topic, appreciate if you can assist 

- WheelLog for iOS, does it exist?

- Also, I was riding the Tesla this morning when all of a sudden the pedals starts tilting back, severely. Not sure what changed since the last time I rode the Tesla. Any idea what may have caused this?

Much appreciated Marty

No, WheelLog is only for Android :(  For iOS users who do want to enjoy WheelLog/Pebble I've been recommending the purchase of a very cheap disposable Android phone. You don't need to activate the phone, but can still use it for wheeling.

How long have you had the Tesla? It's been operating normally but now it did this tilt-back under your normal riding conditions? What where your battery levels and how fast were you riding?

The only abnormal cause of tilt-back that I'm aware of is when the wheel overheats (~80-degrees C)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Shad0z said:

its basically the same. almost. when i hear the 3rd alarm beeper or battery alarm. then i feel the pedals tilting back like 1 degree. it can easily be ignored. but its like a little tactile way to tell me im at the egde. but it doesnt force me at all. the tiltback is not even really visible. and if i dont think too much about it i dont notice it. bood little feature. less is more

This sounds like a cool feature actually, because I don't want to continue riding past the 3rd alarm. A very slight tilt-back reminder would be great on all of my wheels.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

This sounds like a cool feature actually, because I don't want to continue riding past the 3rd alarm. A very slight tilt-back reminder would be great on all of my wheels.

im coming to a theory that i may only be one batch that has this feature or something. because not all users i asked even with new teslas said that the experience this. 

29 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

im coming to a theory that i may only be one batch that has this feature or something. because not all users i asked even with new teslas said that the experience this. 

Gotway always seems to be tweaking things. Unfortunately they don't document anything :(

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

No, WheelLog is only for Android :(  For iOS users who do want to enjoy WheelLog/Pebble I've been recommending the purchase of a very cheap disposable Android phone. You don't need to activate the phone, but can still use it for wheeling.

How long have you had the Tesla? It's been operating normally but now it did this tilt-back under your normal riding conditions? What where your battery levels and how fast were you riding?

The only abnormal cause of tilt-back that I'm aware of is when the wheel overheats (~80-degrees C)

Just been riding around London and seems the tilt back has sorted itself out. Probably when I disconnected the tesla from the Darknessbot app and just used the Gotway App.

On a side not, apologies if I seem a bit snappy in my earlier messages, it’s just that watching those night time videos of the tesla is what got me first grabbed my attention into EUC, and to then find out that my wheel does not have the rainbow colour that transitions into the solid ring break lights was a bit disappointing. I know it seems trivial but it’s does little things that puts a smile on your face ? 

And I was cursing Gotway (in my mind) for me getting an earlier version without the customizable lights feature.  :lol:  It's easier to add features than take some away to be replaced by others.  Just add them so people can't complain.  With the lights though, when you go fast enough they become a blur of colour.  It's just when you brake that they turn to red on my version.  Not a huge deal.  People don't seem to recognize what they are seeing anyways. 

I was in a marked intersection crossing the road with my arm pointing in the direction I was going, and this SUV didn't even slow down and rolled right past me within two feet.  I knew he wasn't going to stop so I was going at a baby crawl.  Just face it - besides pedestrians, we are virtually invisible to cars on the road so use caution with lights flashing or no lights.  :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2018 at 11:05 AM, Shad0z said:

they should make firmware updates possible, that way they could still update older wheels :)

i dont know why they didnt do it already.. but maybe it is because there is brakelight on the new gotway tesla models... they changed it a bit

but i dont see it as a big issue you can only see brake light from the side and not from the back (most important)

The missing brake light (except brake side light in mode 1 only.. why not in all modes?) Is the biggest omission on the tesla imo. Except the pkethora of unnecessary quick connectors inside the wheel.  Got mine today.  Spent 3 hours electric tapping connectors and adding foam on sharp edges and cables that are clamped down.  Feels better,  but need to remove battery and main board to reach the rest,  but my battery (on non carriage side) is stuck like h.ll with adhesive.  Won't come of even if i pry for several minutes.  I don't dare using to much force, afraid to break apart internal battery connectors....

On carriage side it was stuck to the flimsy side panel so pryed it off and adhered to the main body instead.  Have probably been lying down on the carriage side during transport and adhered to shell instead

9 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

The missing brake light (except brake side light in mode 1 only.. why not in all modes?) Is the biggest omission on the tesla imo. Except the pkethora of unnecessary quick connectors inside the wheel.  Got mine today.  Spent 3 hours electric tapping connectors and adding foam on sharp edges and cables that are clamped down.  Feels better,  but need to remove battery and main board to reach the rest,  but my battery (on non carriage side) is stuck like h.ll with adhesive.  Won't come of even if i pry for several minutes.  I don't dare using to much force, afraid to break apart internal battery connectors....

On carriage side it was stuck to the flimsy side panel so pryed it off and adhered to the main body instead.  Have probably been lying down on the carriage side during transport and adhered to shell instead

Nice cautionary work. Hopefully your wheel will be trouble-free. I haven't had any issues with mine (600-miles).

46 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Nice cautionary work. Hopefully your wheel will be trouble-free. I haven't had any issues with mine (600-miles).

Nice to hear @Marty Backe

Your stress test on the Russian you tube site made me take the plunge after reading so much negative about the tesla.   Really appreciated  ? i would not get a ride for this year otherwise :) at least not for Swedish "summer"

Its A LOT bigger (and heavier) than expected. But the internals sure leaves a bit to wish for.  Flimsy quick connectors (car type) that sometimes just add an extension of 5cm cabling.  I don't get it.  When i get the time (winter) i will probably tear it down and remove all small quick connectors and solder cables together.  Nothing spells heat buildup like those plastic, non solid quick connectors. Luckily main amp/motor cabling connectors are sturdy but are allmost touching the main board.  Afraid they will wear on the board and eventually break something.

Also noted that the plastic edges where the wheel sticks out are razor sharp, cut my finger when accidentaly sliding my index finger against the edge. Sanding paper next ?

Now eagerly waiting for charging to finish.  20% at delivery.. guess it will be some hours,  so will probably just wait for 50% mark and get out and start falling a bit while i learn lol

Blue = electric tape

Red = self adhesive foam for thicker protection

GxXNjLW.jpg

yHCoENG.jpg

6 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

Nice to hear @Marty Backe

Your stress test on the Russian you tube site made me take the plunge after reading so much negative about the tesla.   Really appreciated  ? i would not get a ride for this year otherwise :) at least not for Swedish "summer"

Its A LOT bigger (and heavier) than expected. But the internals sure leaves a bit to wish for.  Flimsy quick connectors (car type) that sometimes just add an extension of 5cm cabling.  I don't get it.  When i get the time (winter) i will probably tear it down and remove all small quick connectors and solder cables together.  Nothing spells heat buildup like those plastic, non solid quick connectors. Luckily main amp/motor cabling connectors are sturdy but are allmost touching the main board.  Afraid they will wear on the board and eventually break something.

Now eagerly waiting for charging to finish.  20% at delivery.. guess it will be some hours,  so will probably just wait for 50% mark and get out and start falling a bit while i learn lol

I'm sure you already have done this, but be sure the tire is inflated to the proper pressure. I always use the highest pressure listed on the tire, but I know that's a person choice.

I agree that the construction could be better. Gotway is slowly improving. It's going to be a fantastic ride though :thumbup:

24 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm sure you already have done this, but be sure the tire is inflated to the proper pressure. I always use the highest pressure listed on the tire, but I know that's a person choice.

I agree that the construction could be better. Gotway is slowly improving. It's going to be a fantastic ride though :thumbup:

I will,  i noticed it was a bit "spungy" when trying it quickly in the hallway. I guess it should make it easier for me (n00b on mono wheels, but hope i have a slightly less steep learning curve due to riding my ninebot mini plus, at least i am used to the self balancing that most people dont trust (and oscillate due to that) at the first minute of a ride :) ). Edit: was just 20psi. Pumped it to 40 (tire says 35-45) as i weigh around 90kg

downloaded three apps but cant find the "official" gotway app on play store where i can set/check tiltback. Don't wanna pass 30-35km/h my first ride...i think... or maybe i will ? at least i want some kind of warning before cut out lol. But i guess they are delivered with that pre-set for safety

On 6/15/2018 at 7:34 PM, Marty Backe said:

Gotway always seems to be tweaking things. Unfortunately they don't document anything :(

Hehe true that ?i got a sticker in my cartoon saying "checked" and that was it for documentation

44 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

I will,  i noticed it was a bit "spungy" when trying it quickly in the hallway. I guess it should make it easier for me (n00b on mono wheels, but hope i have a slightly less steep learning curve due to riding my ninebot mini plus, at least i am used to the self balancing that most people dont trust (and oscillate due to that) at the first minute of a ride :) ). Edit: was just 20psi. Pumped it to 40 (tire says 35-45) as i weigh around 90kg

downloaded three apps but cant find the "official" gotway app on play store where i can set/check tiltback. Don't wanna pass 30-35km/h my first ride...i think... or maybe i will ? at least i want some kind of warning before cut out lol. But i guess they are delivered with that pre-set for safety

Links to the apps that I use are in the Description on my videos. Most recent video will always have the latest links. I'm an Android user.

5 hours ago, Boogieman said:

i never had issues with my tesla. It has ridden 1600 miles and no issue that was the wheels fault. I burned a mosfet by overleaning backward very hard. I was stupid i pushed it on purpose. But i will be honest it is not going to happen in real situation. But still if the mosfet were a little better i would have better peace of mind. I think the msuper x mosfet sprcs seem promising. The tesla mosfets are rated for 170amps. While the msuper x are rated 300amps and 100amp peak :o 

im starting my "operation X"

im trying to freshen up my tesla. And then sell it. And in the meantime get around 400USD i dont know how long time. But if i sell my tesla for around 1000USD after fixing the aesthetics, changing tire, etc. And then im going for the Msuper X. I will miss the red ringlight a  little though

but i will just enjoy it when i have it now :)

@Marty Backe i need some opinions on the msuper x compared to the tesla. What am i loosing and what am i gaining from the msuper x over the tesla. Id the msuper x a good "everyday commute wheel" also? 

18 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

i never had issues with my tesla. It has ridden 1600 miles and no issue that was the wheels fault. I burned a mosfet by overleaning backward very hard. I was stupid i pushed it on purpose. But i will be honest it is not going to happen in real situation. But still if the mosfet were a little better i would have better peace of mind. I think the msuper x mosfet sprcs seem promising. The tesla mosfets are rated for 170amps. While the msuper x are rated 300amps and 100amp peak :o 

im starting my "operation X"

im trying to freshen up my tesla. And then sell it. And in the meantime get around 400USD i dont know how long time. But if i sell my tesla for around 1000USD after fixing the aesthetics, changing tire, etc. And then im going for the Msuper X. I will miss the red ringlight a  little though

but i will just enjoy it when i have it now :)

@Marty Backe i need some opinions on the msuper x compared to the tesla. What am i loosing and what am i gaining from the msuper x over the tesla. Id the msuper x a good "everyday commute wheel" also? 

Of course I don't have my MSX yet, but I can tell you that MSuper family of wheels will feel very different than your Tesla, but I'm sure you know that. It certainly can be a very good daily commute wheel. Big tire with resulting nice ride. Agile enough to get in and out of tight spaces. It will feel very powerful to you, but heavy. A bit slow to get going, but then fine.

You're giving up your Tesla sports car for a sedan with a powerful V-8 engine and much bigger gas tank.

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Of course I don't have my MSX yet, but I can tell you that MSuper family of wheels will feel very different than your Tesla, but I'm sure you know that. It certainly can be a very good daily commute wheel. Big tire with resulting nice ride. Agile enough to get in and out of tight spaces. It will feel very powerful to you, but heavy. A bit slow to get going, but then fine.

You're giving up your Tesla sports car for a sedan with a powerful V-8 engine and much bigger gas tank.

ok gotcha. I tried an msuper v3 67 volt. Its slower to accelerate and slower response. So im assuming the msuper x will have the tesla responsiveness, but the msuper slower accel. Or heavier feel. So the msuper is more or a cruise wheel that cares less about bumps. Sounds good to me! :) i like my tesla fast response and "playfull" feel how it rides. But i think i would love the bigger battery a lot. Especially since i think there should be space for even a little extra battery. or if they release an 1900wh msuper x. Thats gonna be ny dream! :D

thanks for the answers and opinions :) 

2 hours ago, Shad0z said:

The tesla mosfets are rated for 170amps. While the msuper x are rated 300amps and 100amp peak :o 

Do you by any chance know what the 100Volt Monster mosfets are rated at? 

2 hours ago, Shad0z said:

I will miss the red ringlight a little though

You won't once you have a new wheel. The M Super X wheel feel alot safer also. 

Just now, Edddeus said:

Do you by any chance know what the 100Volt Monster mosfets are rated at? 

You won't once you have a new wheel. The M Super X wheel feel alot safer also. 

im assuming its the same mosfets. They have the same to-247 casings both 100v monster and msx

im really tempted by the msx. I tried a ks18L breifly. Like a tesla it feels. Not as hard. But its more reassuring with the 18inch wheel. now im thinking of selling the tesla at about 1000usd. And i have 300 as of now. And then i just need about 400usd to have money for it. I will sell some stuff. And work

i may have a possible buyer. He is looking for a cheap performance first wheel. I got the perfect one. And he is looking for 50km range. Perfect. Now i just need tp change the tire and pimp it a little. Maybe in a few months ill have the money and sell my tesla. .

msx. Im coming for you :D 

16 hours ago, Shad0z said:

I burned a mosfet by overleaning backward very hard. I was stupid i pushed it on purpose. But i will be honest it is not going to happen in real situation.  

You burned the mosfet from BRAKING? (Overlean backward = slam the brakes?)

NOW You got me worried. That is definitely an everyday situation and if you need to panick brake for a car its dangerous.

Lets say you brake full tilt, the mosfet burns and the wheel just tilts back...sure u might end up just hitting the back of your head and brake with your body sliding on asphalt in time (more contact surface skin to asphalt vs tire to asphalt lol),  but damn.

What speed were you braking from and what do you weigh. Just curious to know if i should be careful braking as i weigh 90kg  and dont plan on riding carefully "per se" (safe yes, careful no)

3 hours ago, Boogieman said:

NOW You got me worried.

You shouldn't be so worried Boogieman, Shad0z rides the Tesla on the limit.

I recently watched a video of a Tesla braking from 40 km/h to 0 in like only 15 metres. The brakes are more than powerful enough and can easily carry your weight.  

6 hours ago, Boogieman said:

You burned the mosfet from BRAKING? (Overlean backward = slam the brakes?)

NOW You got me worried. That is definitely an everyday situation and if you need to panick brake for a car its dangerous.

Lets say you brake full tilt, the mosfet burns and the wheel just tilts back...sure u might end up just hitting the back of your head and brake with your body sliding on asphalt in time (more contact surface skin to asphalt vs tire to asphalt lol),  but damn.

What speed were you braking from and what do you weigh. Just curious to know if i should be careful braking as i weigh 90kg  and dont plan on riding carefully "per se" (safe yes, careful no)

i weigh 90kg too. I did try to slam the brakes and saved myself from an accident. But this wasnt as much breaking. It was just overloading. I was going like 5 kph. And i was pushing back and down. With all my force. I wouldt say you should be worried. Just dont be stupid. 

3 hours ago, Edddeus said:

You shouldn't be so worried Boogieman, Shad0z rides the Tesla on the limit.

I recently watched a video of a Tesla braking from 40 km/h to 0 in like only 15 metres. The brakes are more than powerful enough and can easily carry your weight.  

where did you watch the video? and i did push my tesla to full speed almost every ride up to the 3rd alarm the first month of me getting my tesla, i was an absolute speed demon, i still like speed, but now im not riding on the limit anymore, except my battery, i usually come home with 1 dot left of battery (out of 8 ) i was out on a group ride today, i could ride to the meeting spot, and do the group ride, but when we were done i had to pull my tesla for a few kilometers to one of my freinds car and he rode me home, (if it wasnt for him i would have some very hard times getting home from some of the longer group rides :P ) 

1 hour ago, Shad0z said:

i weigh 90kg too. I did try to slam the brakes and saved myself from an accident. But this wasnt as much breaking. It was just overloading. I was going like 5 kph. And i was pushing back and down. With all my force. I wouldt say you should be worried. Just dont be stupid. 

Great ? still some time till i push it, just wanna i know since i än used to the ninebot mini plus that is almost impossible to cutout...i managed twice... by brute force accel right after tiltback stopped... and once when trying to drift in gravel lol... was fun... until i tried at Max speed and it threw me off ?.

Just got around 4-5hours of riding on the tesla though (or more like step up, step off, catch tesla with belt) and now straights are fine...at least when at speed (wobbles a bit..first thought wheel was off...but i think its me...or my legs lol) and had my first ride without stop around a park....the feeling from going to stepup down up down...to just rolling is pretty epic ? i had it with my ninebot plus, but you learn  to ride that one within a minute or two so not really comparable. The tesla is MUUUUCH STIFFER than the mini plus.  Is almost that i wonder if it will ever accelerate...i lean but it does not really follow the way mini "leans with you"... hard to explain... it just feels like it wants to stay more upright than the mini.. or require more lean-in before something happens.  

Now im trying to figure out right turns, left works "ok" but right wobbles and feel super unsteady. Well, new day tomorrow...practice, fall, practice some more ?

glad i taped up the tesla in foam before i started cause it has sure had its tumbles (me not yet, still dont go past 25km/h so can "run off" when it goes sideways)IMG-20180626-WA0012.thumb.jpeg.cf83f7d4ca2908f5c1383b1ac7b59dc4.jpeg

Archived