Gotway Tesla new led modes

1 hour ago, onkeldanuel said:

Hi, im New to gotway, i have one question about the calibrating: it works and hold the calibrated level for a short time (1 hour) , (factory was 1 degree backwards, i calibrated it level ) but after a short time oft driving then it goes back by itself to the "factory level" (in my teslas case 1 degree backwards, measured it) . is it common that this happens and calibrating only habe a short time effect? 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes and it works, but only for an hour, then it goes back to the factory setting (its only 1 degree back so its not too Bad but i dont understan why it works only for a short time, if the calibrating doing wrong then it wont be level after it for one hour?) 

• 1 month later...

My rainbow lights spins slowly and I have No solid break lights when I slow down. My Tesla passed QC on 20th of April this year. 

2 hours ago, Afeez Kay said:

My rainbow lights spins slowly and I have No solid break lights when I slow down. My Tesla passed QC on 20th of April this year. 

yes there is no brake light on mine either.. i think maybe it is limitation with their led controller on the board if they want a lot of modes. no brakelight in some of them and ni battery level either in some modes. 

7 hours ago, Shad0z said:

yes there is no brake light on mine either.. i think maybe it is limitation with their led controller on the board if they want a lot of modes. no brakelight in some of them and ni battery level either in some modes. 

Thanks again. But this is unacceptable. I spent over £1k on a product with no versioning and they have removed an essential functionality. The ring light is one of the unique selling points for me on the Tesla. This is completely rubbish.wont be recommending this company to anyone that ask what Unicycle to purchase. Completely unprofessional. 

4 minutes ago, Afeez Kay said:

This is completely rubbish.wont be recommending this company to anyone that ask what Unicycle to purchase. Completely unprofessional

Wow that’s a strong opinion for something as minor, to most users, as its ring lights (which are hardly unique to the Tesla, almost every wheel on the market seems to be getting them now, many well before the Tesla)

Out of curiosity, what wheel would you recommend for its reliable and impressive light show?

9 minutes ago, Afeez Kay said:

Thanks again. But this is unacceptable. I spent over £1k on a product with no versioning and they have removed an essential functionality. The ring light is one of the unique selling points for me on the Tesla. This is completely rubbish.wont be recommending this company to anyone that ask what Unicycle to purchase. Completely unprofessional. 

I'm surprised to learn that none of the Ring Light modes in the current Tesla have the brake light function. But is the brake light actually "essential functionality". Does anyone actually think our little brake lights are noticed or have any impact on people/bicyclists/cars that are behind us?

11 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm surprised to learn that none of the Ring Light modes in the current Tesla have the brake light function. But is the brake light actually "essential functionality". Does anyone actually think our little brake lights are noticed or have any impact on people/bicyclists/cars that are behind us?

Yes for me it is. The Gotway Tesla is a pretty wheel especially at night. Seen some of your videos at night and they look beautiful and aesthetically pleasing. Plus it’s better to have a break indicator than not to have one. Each to their own. Atleast give us an option in the app to chose the old one. NineBot and Inmotion does. 

6 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Does anyone actually think our little brake lights are noticed or have any impact on people/bicyclists/cars that are behind us?

Not really, that's why many of us who ride in urban traffic or at night "upgrade" our lights.

Side note, in California we are legally required under CVC 21293 when riding in darkness to have a white light in front (visible while moving from 300 feet), a red reflector in back (visible for 500 feet), and a white or yellow reflector on the side (200-foot visibility). 

15290049691638253.gif.25c6606df5571b58b8f46cf695b291c9.gif

56 minutes ago, who_the said:

Not really, that's why many of us who ride in urban traffic or at night "upgrade" our lights.

Side note, in California we are legally required under CVC 21293 when riding in darkness to have a white light in front (visible while moving from 300 feet), a red reflector in back (visible for 500 feet), and a white or yellow reflector on the side (200-foot visibility). 

15290049691638253.gif.25c6606df5571b58b8f46cf695b291c9.gif

Do you have any information on those blinking lights that you have on the back?

1 hour ago, Afeez Kay said:

Yes for me it is. The Gotway Tesla is a pretty wheel especially at night. Seen some of your videos at night and they look beautiful and aesthetically pleasing. Plus it’s better to have a break indicator than not to have one. Each to their own. Atleast give us an option in the app to chose the old one. NineBot and Inmotion does. 

I agree. I actually really enjoy the Tesla lights and would be bummed if they went away. I was just commenting on the red parts.

So to be clear, none of the Tesla ring light modes support the red brake light??? My new MCM5 has red brakes lights, and the MSuper X does. Seems really odd that they removed the brake light from the Tesla.

The Gotway Tesla is a pretty wheel especially at night. Seen some of your videos at night and they look beautiful and aesthetically pleasing. 

Yes, true, but in LONDON? I’m not at all sure that’s the place you want to attract attention. Personally I do everything I can to make the wheel as invisible as possible. I would be more peed off if I couldn’t turn the lights off.

51 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Do you have any information on those blinking lights that you have on the back?

You bet! My favorite are the RGB lights, far right option on the following page. All have bright red lights highly visible even during the day. The colors are selectable; "rainbow" in image is a demo mode.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Bicycle-USB-Rechargeable-LED-Light-Bike-Front-Rear-Light-Outdoor-Cycling-Warning-Lamp-Night/32822999717.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.6c444c4d7Cr7Kt

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.1db430a509896c05f574f573fef3efc9.gif

1 hour ago, who_the said:

You bet! My favorite are the RGB lights, far right option on the following page. All have bright red lights highly visible even during the day. The colors are selectable; "rainbow" in image is a demo mode.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Bicycle-USB-Rechargeable-LED-Light-Bike-Front-Rear-Light-Outdoor-Cycling-Warning-Lamp-Night/32822999717.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.6c444c4d7Cr7Kt

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.1db430a509896c05f574f573fef3efc9.gif

Thanks. Think I'll order a couple. So you double-sided tape them you your wheel and recharge them while you're recharging the wheel?

A comparison on the old and the new rainbow lights. I know the new one is good too, but the old one just seem better to me ??

10 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I think from behind theyre hard to see. And when you already are confusing the hell out of people by standing on a wheel with blinking lights. I think that they at first dont think as the red light as a brake light. When there is the colors of the rainbow blinking.

2 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

I think from behind theyre hard to see. And when you already are confusing the hell out of people by standing on a wheel with blinking lights. I think that they at first dont think as the red light as a brake light. When there is the colors of the rainbow blinking.

But nobody who doesn't know a lot about EUCs is going to see our brakes lights and understand that we're braking. The ring lights alone should be sufficient for visibility.

Just now, Marty Backe said:

But nobody who doesn't know a lot about EUCs is going to see our brakes lights and understand that we're braking. The ring lights alone should be sufficient for visibility.

yes exactly. But there is still the mode with battery and brake light only. That mode the brakelight seems pretty obvious. Also because there isnt other distracting lights. So there is still one mode with brake light

17 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

yes exactly. But there is still the mode with battery and brake light only. That mode the brakelight seems pretty obvious. Also because there isnt other distracting lights. So there is still one mode with brake light

Oh, well that's good. I thought there wasn't any brake lights. What's all the complaining about ;)

On 4/24/2018 at 2:03 PM, Shad0z said:

so a week ago i got my new control board

and i noticed the leds were different. so i played around with it and i made a video.

the previous led modes for comparison is:

1st mode - rotating rainbow light, whole ring turns red when braking and battery level apears when still

2nd mode - battery level and brake light only in the back

here is the new modes: 

Do you know what has changed between your previous control board and the new one? Thanks 

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Oh, well that's good. I thought there wasn't any brake lights. What's all the complaining about ;)

Marty a bit off topic, appreciate if you can assist 

- WheelLog for iOS, does it exist?

- Also, I was riding the Tesla this morning when all of a sudden the pedals starts tilting back, severely. Not sure what changed since the last time I rode the Tesla. Any idea what may have caused this?

Much appreciated Marty

10 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

So you double-sided tape them you your wheel and recharge them while you're recharging the wheel?

3M Dual Lock high-density Velcro actually. I use the 250 to 400 or 400 to 400. Avoid the 170.

Do you know what has changed between your previous control board and the new one? Thanks 

its basically the same. almost. when i hear the 3rd alarm beeper or battery alarm. then i feel the pedals tilting back like 1 degree. it can easily be ignored. but its like a little tactile way to tell me im at the egde. but it doesnt force me at all. the tiltback is not even really visible. and if i dont think too much about it i dont notice it. bood little feature. less is more

1 hour ago, Shad0z said:

its basically the same. almost. when i hear the 3rd alarm beeper or battery alarm. then i feel the pedals tilting back like 1 degree. it can easily be ignored. but its like a little tactile way to tell me im at the egde. but it doesnt force me at all. the tiltback is not even really visible. and if i dont think too much about it i dont notice it. bood little feature. less is more

Thanks..

changes to this version:

- so slight tilt back after three alarm beeps

- removal of break light from the rainbow light mode(unfortunately)

- addition of more light modes

2 hours ago, Afeez Kay said:

Thanks..

changes to this version:

- so slight tilt back after three alarm beeps

- removal of break light from the rainbow light mode(unfortunately)

- addition of more light modes

exactly

Archived