Gotway Tesla new led modes

so a week ago i got my new control board

and i noticed the leds were different. so i played around with it and i made a video.

the previous led modes for comparison is:

1st mode - rotating rainbow light, whole ring turns red when braking and battery level apears when still

2nd mode - battery level and brake light only in the back

here is the new modes: 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! Yes, Mode 3 and 5 are definitely unusual. I like it! When I had the Tesla I would usually ride during the day using mode 1

And mode 4 for the night ride.

37 minutes ago, US69 said:

@Shad0z Nice find...

Much better then the boring 2 modes from before!!!

yes indeed 

im really digging the red gradient mode ?

and also the now true rainbow mode is actually "rainbow" it goes from red yellow green blue and purple

before it was just random colors. and also a nice gradient effect instiead of 6 random colors and then called rainbow. the previous "rainbow" led colors went something like this.

red, purple, yellow, green cyan blue, and white :blink1:

1 hour ago, Edddeus said:

Wow! Yes, Mode 3 and 5 are definitely unusual. I like it! When I had the Tesla I would usually ride during the day using mode 1

And mode 4 for the night ride.

yeah the new rainbow mode looks so nice compared to the old random multicolor. '

and its also slower and gives more the feel of it rotation that before

where it just seemed to blink like a christmas tree when going over 30 kph..

mine just came two days ago and it has the same modes but in different order.. the one with battery indication + led ring pattern comes 1st for me. Also when I switch the power off and turn it back on, it doesnt remain on the last mode I was on but goes straight back to the 1st one;.. this change seems to be intended to let users know how much battery they've got left before taking off with most of the modes that doesnt show the batteries. Also except for the battery indication only mode, no other led modes show brake lights when u slow down and this I personally find quite annoying :( The rainbow mode on the early models used to show the brake lights! I seriously doubt that this was intentional but omitted by some mistake..

33 minutes ago, 김도도 said:

most of the modes that doesnt show the batteries. Also except for the battery indication only mode, no other led modes show brake lights when u slow down and this I personally find quite annoying :( The rainbow mode on the early models used to show the brake lights! I seriously doubt that this was intentional but omitted by some mistake

yes i also think it is bad how the there is only braje light on the one with battery :/ 

and that you have to change mode to see the battery. And not like before where you could stand still and the battery level would appear...

2 hours ago, Shad0z said:

yes i also think it is bad how the there is only braje light on the one with battery ?

and that you have to change mode to see the battery. And not like before where you could stand still and the battery level would appear...

:( yeah.. I bet they forgot about it updating all those different modes.. what pisses me off is that gotway will continually reflect on ppl's feedbacks like mine and make updates to amend the drawbacks..its good for the future buyers but not for the previous ones.. they really should put more care into their product qualities and test!! them a lot before they just release them in haste and turn their customers into beta testers to fix problems later!! ?

24 minutes ago, 김도도 said:

:( yeah.. I bet they forgot about it updating all those different modes.. what pisses me off is that gotway will continually reflect on ppl's feedbacks like mine and make updates to amend the drawbacks..its good for the future buyers but not for the previous ones.. they really should put more care into their product qualities and test!! them a lot before they just release them in haste and turn their customers into beta testers to fix problems later!! ?

they should make firmware updates possible, that way they could still update older wheels :)

i dont know why they didnt do it already.. but maybe it is because there is brakelight on the new gotway tesla models... they changed it a bit

but i dont see it as a big issue you can only see brake light from the side and not from the back (most important)

1 hour ago, Shad0z said:

they should make firmware updates possible, that way they could still update older wheels :)

i dont know why they didnt do it already.. but maybe it is because there is brakelight on the new gotway tesla models... they changed it a bit

but i dont see it as a big issue you can only see brake light from the side and not from the back (most important)

At night people from the back can also see(not clearly tho) the changes in light patterns turning red and possibly realize that they need to take precautions.. so guess its better to have it than not..

And What do u mean they have the brakelights? You mean on the battery only mode? And I thought about letting ppl download firmware updates too! That would be great, but guess their software tech capabilities are not up to it yet.. I really hope we cud use the usb ports for those purposes or to make it possible through their apps!..

22 minutes ago, 김도도 said:

At night people from the back can also see(not clearly tho) the changes in light patterns turning red and possibly realize that they need to take precautions.. so guess its better to have it than not..

And What do u mean they have the brakelights? You mean on the battery only mode? And I thought about letting ppl download firmware updates too! That would be great, but guess their software tech capabilities are not up to it yet.. I really hope we cud use the usb ports for those purposes or to make it possible through their apps!..

i dont know about brake lights. but gotway changed the tesla desgin a little maybe they added a brakelight ? im not sure but that could be the reaon there is no brake light in the led ring

3 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

but gotway changed the tesla desgin a little maybe they added a brakelight ? im not sure but that could be the reaon there is no brake light in the led ring

You mean a "real brakelight"? Nope, they didn't...

In my view this Led ring brakelight is good enough and seeable from behind.

Ok, they could have thought a bit more about what they do with the brakelight and especially with the batterylights.

But at least now they have more than 2 modes :-)

For me the best mode still is this one: OFF!

1 minute ago, US69 said:

You mean a "real brakelight"? Nope, they didn't...

In my view this Led ring brakelight is good enough and seeable from behind.

Ok, they could have thought a bit more about what they do with the brakelight and especially with the batterylights.

But at least now they have more than 2 modes ?

For me the best mode still is this one: OFF!

well i can hear you dont like led light rings :D 

3 hours ago, Brian Morris said:

any difference in the rolling code to make it stop trying to dump me on my can in a hard low-speed turn? (front dipping causing pedal drag)

explain i dont understand.. :confused1:

12 hours ago, Brian Morris said:

any difference in the rolling code to make it stop trying to dump me on my can in a hard low-speed turn? (front dipping causing pedal drag)

what is a rolling code?.. are u saying you've got severe dipping issues when you are making turns? Slight dipping seems normal since the pedal do go down when making turns(more in sharp turns).

But if it goes down to a level that causes it to actually touch the ground and make u feel like you are going to fall(which should not happen especially with teslas), then you seem to have an issue with the main board or its gyro system.

P.S. there was a person with the same issue in my country, it was diagnosed as some sort of main board issue and he got the mainboard replaced.

12 hours ago, Brian Morris said:

Have you tried calibrating it?

16 hours ago, 김도도 said:

what is a rolling code?.. are u saying you've got severe dipping issues when you are making turns? Slight dipping seems normal since the pedal do go down when making turns(more in sharp turns).

But if it goes down to a level that causes it to actually touch the ground and make u feel like you are going to fall(which should not happen especially with teslas), then you seem to have an issue with the main board or its gyro system.

P.S. there was a person with the same issue in my country, it was diagnosed as some sort of main board issue and he got the mainboard replaced.

slow speed hard turns drag a peg every time.  Rearward calibration helps.

I can feel a difference between this and my v8 for sure,  the v8 does not dip like the tesla does no matter the ride angle on the v8

44 minutes ago, Brian Morris said:

slow speed hard turns drag a peg every time.  Rearward calibration helps.

I can feel a difference between this and my v8 for sure,  the v8 does not dip like the tesla does no matter the ride angle on the v8

hmmm. My tesla doesnt dip. I mean if i try hard i can make the pedals scrape but then i really need to do some leans. have you tried putting the tesla to hard mode?

Hi, im New to gotway, i have one question about the calibrating: it works and hold the calibrated level for a short time (1 hour) , (factory was 1 degree backwards, i calibrated it level ) but after a short time oft driving then it goes back by itself to the "factory level" (in my teslas case 1 degree backwards, measured it) . is it common that this happens and calibrating only habe a short time effect? 

21 minutes ago, onkeldanuel said:

Hi, im New to gotway, i have one question about the calibrating: it works and hold the calibrated level for a short time (1 hour) , (factory was 1 degree backwards, i calibrated it level ) but after a short time oft driving then it goes back by itself to the "factory level" (in my teslas case 1 degree backwards, measured it) . is it common that this happens and calibrating only habe a short time effect? 

no are you sure youre calibrating it correctly?

ok i will just say instructions to make sure

you connect to your gotway via the app, then press calibrate. it will beep a few times but just turn it off. now when you turn it off it will beep faster this is when you need to place it at the angle you want it calibrated to, when a long beep tone starts turn the wheel off, and then on. now it is calibrated

Archived