KS14c continuous beeps at 13mph... how to update and/or set limits and tiltback.

that0n3guy

Hey all,

I recently got a 14c used (I have a v10f on order too) and it triple beeps at me around 11mph and continuous beeps at me at 13mph.  

Is that normal?   Seem slow...

I download the official kingsong app off their website... but it says my firmware is v0.00... so something is screwy.   Wheellog says I'm in "expert mode" so I assume its unlocked already (I don't really know what that means).

Since I'm a kingsong noob, how do I update this thing and get it so I can set limits and tiltback?               

I saw this: https://www.ewheels.com/step-step-guide-unlocking-king-song-electric-unicycle/ but it won't ever connect to my wheel.   The newest kingsong app will... so will wheel log                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

On the newest app there is no „unlock code“....

you should register on the app with your personal dates, fill out the „more-me-my account“ form completely...that should unlock the speed locks...

after that you should be able to set you beeps and Tiltback under „speed setting“

10 hours ago, that0n3guy said:

I recently got a 14c used (I have a v10f on order too) and it triple beeps at me around 11mph and continuous beeps at me at 13mph.  Is that normal?   Seem slow...

Do you know how old this KS-14C is? What motor power does it say it has? Does it connect to IOS or only Android?

the, what you could call, Mark 1 KS-14C had a max speed of 25kM/h and this could not be changed, it had a 500W motor and no connection to IOS (the music would connect to IOS - but not the wheel).

How are you measuring speed? If it is a Mark 1 that speed is still low. Regardless of mark, What state is your battery, how many LEDs are lit when it triple beeps - as that may be due to the voltage sagging under power - a possible indication the battery is not in good condition if it is fully charged.

@Keith  Great questions.   I'm not exactly sure which model or how old it is (since I bought used).   I was under the impression it was 800W motor since it has the 840wh battery.   Is this a bad assumption?

On the hub is a serial of 14QJ60V150801697... which makes me think its a 60v... I can't find anything online about a 500w ks14c that is 60v.   

I was just measuring speed with wheellog.

@US69 Yeah, I tried that on the new app.   Setting the tilt and alarms has no effect.   It just tells me I need to update firmware.   Trying to update firmware doesn't work either because it says my firmware version is v0.00 :).

Edited by that0n3guy

47 minutes ago, that0n3guy said:

@Keith  Great questions.   I'm not exactly sure which model or how old it is (since I bought used).   I was under the impression it was 800W motor since it has the 840wh battery.   Is this a bad assumption?

On the hub is a serial of 14QJ60V150801697... which makes me think its a 60v... I can't find anything online about a 500w ks14c that is 60v.   

I was just measuring speed with wheellog.

@US69 Yeah, I tried that on the new app.   Setting the tilt and alarms has no effect.   It just tells me I need to update firmware.   Trying to update firmware doesn't work either because it says my firmware version is v0.00 :).

I guess the Servers at K are down at the Moment ...as they wait for a new IOS Version to Pop up in the IOS app store....

2 hours ago, that0n3guy said:

They are all 60V (16 cells - often referred to as 67.2V in the USA and 59.2V everywhere else). See specs below. The 800W version came out around October 2015 - key thing is that the 500W version was Android only for its app.  however you are right if it has an 840Wh battery it is the newer version.