Jump to content

Forum site is now 100% https


Recommended Posts

:facepalm:Don't think it's related, but I got a message at the bottom of my Print screen test post in the testing thread.

It said "you have reached the attachment limit per post, with a blue link that said "manage your attachments to free up space"

The link takes me to my attachments page, but I don't see an option to delete attachments.

I deleted attachments from three other posts, by clicking on the time posted link and going back to the posts.  When I hit edit, the attachment shows up below the post with a trash can icon that let me delete the attachment.  I used to see all the attachments in my print screen test post when I hit edit, but since the last screenshot, I no longer see the attachments below so I can't delete them.

When the testing only thread is cleared, will it free up my space?  

I will start using Flickr or some other site so as not to take up forum server space.

I did learn that print screen (alt+PrtSc) on a paused You Tube video uploads from windows.  That was what I was testing, whether it would be like copying and pasting a video, and what was the limit.

It's not important, do not bother.  

I like this testing thread.  A good way to learn forum functions.

Edited by steve454
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One thing I noticed is that it can't use the http cookie for https, so it prompted again for desktop notifications and also didn't know what my unread posts were. It may also prompt to login again, although it didn't prompt me so I guess I had logged in https before? All that should be straightened out on the first visit someone does with https instead of http.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone notice their iPhone 6 lagging and crashing when trying to use the emojis?  I think when you click the smiley drop down it doesn't handle the number of small gifs that well and freezes up.  Makes it difficult to smilify the post easily.  

First I thought it was my touch diseased phone, but I think the large number of smilies is crashing it.  Just FYI!

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Anyone notice their iPhone 6 lagging and crashing when trying to use the emojis?  I think when you click the smiley drop down it doesn't handle the number of small gifs that well and freezes up.  Makes it difficult to smilify the post easily.  

First I thought it was my to touch diseased phone, but I think the large number of smilies is crashing it.  Just FYI!

I just tried that, and it is very sluggish on my Android too...

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Anyone notice their iPhone 6 lagging and crashing when trying to use the emojis?  

It looks like they have added a TON of emojis to the list so it takes quite a while for the window to appear. Do we even need emojis built into the forum anymore since most browsers support a pretty decent list of emojis via Unicode? See if you can tell the difference between these that were on the forum list:

???

and these that I inserted via the emoji keyboard built into Windows:

???

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, dmethvin said:

It looks like they have added a TON of emojis to the list so it takes quite a while for the window to appear. Do we even need emojis built into the forum anymore since most browsers support a pretty decent list of emojis via Unicode? See if you can tell the difference between these that were on the forum list:

???

and these that I inserted via the emoji keyboard built into Windows:

???

All I get is three little squares.  I have no idea what they are supposed to convey.

For years I thought it was an apple IOS thing.  Now I am wondering if it is a obselete android thing.  :crying:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, steve454 said:

For years I thought it was an apple IOS thing.  Now I am wondering if it is a obselete android thing. 

What are you viewing this on? It may be possible to get updated fonts that provide emojis.

The good thing about the Unicode emojis is that they can be scaled. Well I guess it's good.

????

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, dmethvin said:

What are you viewing this on? It may be possible to get updated fonts that provide emojis.

The good thing about the Unicode emojis is that they can be scaled. Well I guess it's good.

????

Google chrome.  There are several members whose smilies only show as little boxes.  I"m thinking it's people who use apple phones to post that do that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, steve454 said:

Google chrome.  There are several members whose smilies only show as little boxes.  I"m thinking it's people who use apple phones to post that do that.

I posted that with Chrome on Windows 10. Here's how it looks on Chrome on my Pixel phone. Are you on a desktop Mac? Windows 7?

Ge79uAc.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, dmethvin said:

I posted that with Chrome on Windows 10. Here's how it looks on Chrome on my Pixel phone. Are you on a desktop Mac? Windows 7?

Ge79uAc.jpg

 

Windows 7.  

That's weird, when you quoted me the emojis are now visible, heart, explosion, check mark, bear head, and drumstick.

In your original reply, it showed up as two boxes, the check mark, and two more boxes.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, dmethvin said:

Thanks for the links, interesting.  I should probably update the laptop.  I just thought that since I always use google as my browser, it wouldn't matter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...