Any way to contact a rep at this company!!!???

Medialab

Hi, I purchased a +350 121 IPS and am using it to get around in cities while I travel. Like many other people, I"m experiencing the km reset bug that limits speed to 20km/hr every time I pass 100 km (resets to 0 and you don't unlock 30km/hr again until you hit 50km...).

I know people have posted a 30km/hr unlock fix but seems to be only for Android phones. I'm using an iPhone and Mac and am looking for a software solution. Tried calling the company with their listed phone number and got someone who only spoke Chinese and sounded very confused. Tried using their listed contact emails several times and no response. Does anyone know a way to contact someone at this company!!?? Thanks

Can't your reseller help you?

Direct email contact with the chinese companies can be very challenging to impossible.

From time to time an IPS representative is here in the forum but imho not lately.

Could be that your only fix is to buy a cheap android phone :(

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2018 at 12:19 PM, Medialab said:

Does anyone know a way to contact someone at this company!!?? Thanks

Not actually in the company, but I believe @IPS Malta is currently in China and may be in contact with the IPS people there. This message should alert him if he can help.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the late reply, I was travelling recently on some projects and will be back in China early July. I will relay the message to them, though there is a leaked solution on this forum that involves re-flashing the board using an Android APK. Assuming everything is fine with your wheel and you put the right SN and parameter to the application that should work fine but you will be doing it at your own risk and I cannot accept responsibility for flashing it wrong or failing at reflashing. I'll try to link to the post later @Medialab;)

Thanks, @Keith for the attempted alert :)

I had a reply from IPS. There is only an Android APK for your situation. I guess you will need to get hold of an android phone with Bluetooth. If you are a programmer maybe you can try to do it in some Android Emulator on our Apple Product that talks to the BT directly but I do not know if this is a doable thing and there's more risk on it. It's easier to find a friend on Android to help you out. 

Archived