Kingsong 14s possible bluetooth connection problem

MrT

Hello,

I recently purchased my Kingsong 14s and still learning how to ride it. Yesterday I noticed that i can no longer get any value parameters via wheellog (everything has all zeros plus no value for serial number , battery level etc). I also tried connecting to the kingsong app (both new and old) and also can't connect. For now I'm not too bothered as I am still learning how to ride the wheel. Anyone have any ideas?

1 minute ago, MrT said:

Hello,

I recently purchased my Kingsong 14s and still learning how to ride it. Yesterday I noticed that i can no longer get any value parameters via wheellog (everything has all zeros plus no value for serial number , battery level etc). I also tried connecting to the kingsong app (both new and old) and also can't connect. For now I'm not too bothered as I am still learning how to ride the wheel. Anyone have any ideas?

Are you actually able to connect with WheelLog, but everything is zeros?

Can you connect to the bluetooth music module? I.e., do you see the KingSongMusic as a device that you can connect to?

Have you tried connecting with another device (Android phones, tablets, iPhone, iPad, etc.)? This will help to eliminate an incompatibility related problem with your phone (or whatever device you were trying to connect to).

27 minutes ago, MrT said:

Yes I can connect to Wheellog but everything is zeros.

I need to try what you have suggested. I will report back

That's a Firmware fault, the device has Kind of "forgotten" it's Serial number.

You Need to contact your seller. He should be able to install the Firmware again with a "Special KS engineer" app.

So a firmware fault can happen randomly at any time? I didn't try to update the firmware at all. The info was being displayed correctly about week ago. The only thing I've done with the wheel so far is going up and down holding onto the rails and a few times the wheel has dropped on the floor. Could an impact cause this issue?

22 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Are you actually able to connect with WheelLog, but everything is zeros?

Can you connect to the bluetooth music module? I.e., do you see the KingSongMusic as a device that you can connect to?

Have you tried connecting with another device (Android phones, tablets, iPhone, iPad, etc.)? This will help to eliminate an incompatibility related problem with your phone (or whatever device you were trying to connect to).

I can confirm that I can connect to KingsongMusic on 2 different android phones. However when connecting to Wheellog on both phones it connects but as mentioned before all the values are zero. I have contacted my dealer with regards to this issue and awaiting their reply. 

28 minutes ago, MrT said:

I can confirm that I can connect to KingsongMusic on 2 different android phones. However when connecting to Wheellog on both phones it connects but as mentioned before all the values are zero. I have contacted my dealer with regards to this issue and awaiting their reply. 

So at least you now know it's not the Bluetooth module. Hopefully @US69 is right, and you can get the firmware updated to fix the problem.

Hi I contacted Michael at Electric unicycle.eu (where I purchased it) and he agreed straightaway it's likely to be a firmware fault. Great customer service from him as he has arranged for courier to pickup my wheel today to go in for repair. Can't wait to get it back so I can continue my training!

6 minutes ago, MrT said:

Hi I contacted Michael at Electric unicycle.eu (where I purchased it) and he agreed straightaway it's likely to be a firmware fault. Great customer service from him as he has arranged for courier to pickup my wheel today to go in for repair. Can't wait to get it back so I can continue my training!

Yip, it has now happend sometimes on the 14/16 inch wheels...forgetting the serial number. Fortunatly the sellers have some special BT app for dealing with this.

Archived