Took the MiniPro out for a spin for Earth Day.  The weather was actually pretty nice, which was an improvement over the last couple of weeks.  Battery was apparently at 94% so I didn't go far, just 8.5km, but I found that I could ride next to a rail line as it seems one side they have made it pretty flat and clear for access by rail vehicles.  I'm looking forward to putting some batteries on my pack and seeing how far I can go.  I was a bit sore from doing yard work yesterday and earlier today, and felt quite stiff as well.  Took the e-bike out for a spin after that for about 10km, very different riding one vs the other.  Now my back is quite sore and stiff when I get up, but it was worth it.

Second ride today 15.6km. The weather has been so crappy.  Took it on a pretty bumpy trail 6.5km used 76% of the battery (0.5 asphalt 6 off road). I swapped batteries and took the asphalt home which was 9.1km and used 53% of the battery with an average speed of 16.1 km/hr.    The trail riding was very slow average 7km/hr for the last 3km.  batteries were charged to full 5700mAh capacity.  The trail ride was slow but slow is ok on a trail it does not feel so annoying as 16km/hr on asphalt.  The off-road usage sure used up the battery even with the slow speed.It was definitely easier to keep moving on the trail starting could be problematic with sections of loose rock, loose soil, or just lots of twigs.  It was nice to find the trail was a good shortcut in terms of mileage, but it takes longer to travel with the slow speed and uses more battery.  

I've been very happy with the stock tires, but I think I will get around to mounting the Hybrid tires on one of my segways for a try.  I need to try something new, and Ninebot/Segway don't seem too interested in making a true upgrade to the MiniPro.  Of course if they are not crazy (or maybe stupid), they will make the Z series EUC a winner.  After seeing where they went with the Mini Plus, and the pretty crappy Elite series, and the S1/S2 wheels, I think we may need a real miracle.  The Z does seem like it could be a real winner though if they don't do anything stupid like we are hearing about. 

Followed-up the miniPro ride with 23.5 km on the e-bike.  Decided to change the seat as I setup this bike for a more upright riding position and I'm having a hard time finding a seat I like.  Made some adjustments to the seat height and angle.  

Compared to the miniPro, the bike is easy as there is less gear to put on (I usually ride with pads, gloves, wrist guards, helmet), on the trail I didn't want to skimp.  On the Bike I'm just using my helmet, and sometimes gloves.  The miniPro pretty much needs charging every time I use it, the bike can be used a few times before I have to be sure to charge it.

The bike is more tiring, the miniPro makes your feet hurt.

The bike I'm more kind off riding and trying to get somewhere.  The slower speed of the miniPro I'm seeing a lot more, but the slow speed does get boring when I have to get on the road just to get to the next interesting spot.

If the miniPro had more speed under low torque conditions its would be such a great device, it needs at least twice the battery capacity as well.

After yesterday, I have more than 800km now my main MiniPro (a few more on some others).  It's still going strong, but I lost one of the red decorative screw covers somewhere.  Two others were loose so I snapped them back in.  Probably during my 6km rough trail ride the other weekend.  When I take that path again I'll be curious if I I find it.

Yesterday I rode 3 electric vehicles, the minipro. ninerbot elite, and the e-bike.  The weather has been better the last two weeks which has really helped.    I've got in a bunch of night riding too which is so nice.  

Just mounted a small 26650 light on the Elite using the TwoFish 90deg Block mount.  Worked perfect.

I wish I could have the comfort of the Elite foot-bed, and it's speed, in the smooth running miniPro.  I heard they stopped making the knee-bar controller for the Elite because they have the Plus now.  Not that that makes any sense for any Elite owners, but I guess for Ninebot, wanting to save money and not compete with them selves and confuse the consumer it made sense.

• 1 month later...

First rides this weekend in a while.  Just after 800km, and toping up the air in the tires I got a slow leak in one tire that took a couple days to completely deflate the tire.  Just this last weekend I found a 2 year old bottle of Stans Tire Sealant, but that was newer than the Slime so I gave it a try.  I had meant to slime these tires before use, but they always worked so good I never bothered.  Anyway now a couple days later and 10 or so km on the tire it's still holding.  A lot of people complain about the stock tires, but 800+ km later and I can't really complain.  I've been meaning to switch to the Hybrid tires as my main tire, but these original tires just keep ticking and the Hybrids need modified venders.  I might try that more4mini roller cage thing rather than fenders when the time comes to switch the tires on the main driver.  

I've been getting more comfortable with the PTR Elite, somedays it's second nature, others I feel a bit unsure on it.  The MiniPro seems so much more intuitive.  The eBike makes it harder for me to want to take the MiniPro on longer trips, but I've been busy with other things anyway so no real time for that.  I need to do at least one more 3 battery trip, and a full range test on the eBike.  No time for practice on the EUC which is what I should really be doing.

Ride On, or Glide On as some like to say.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2018 at 5:54 PM, FreeRide said:

First rides this weekend in a while.  Just after 800km, and toping up the air in the tires I got a slow leak in one tire that took a couple days to completely deflate the tire.  Just this last weekend I found a 2 year old bottle of Stans Tire Sealant, but that was newer than the Slime so I gave it a try.  I had meant to slime these tires before use, but they always worked so good I never bothered.  Anyway now a couple days later and 10 or so km on the tire it's still holding.  A lot of people complain about the stock tires, but 800+ km later and I can't really complain.  I've been meaning to switch to the Hybrid tires as my main tire, but these original tires just keep ticking and the Hybrids need modified venders.  I might try that more4mini roller cage thing rather than fenders when the time comes to switch the tires on the main driver.  

I’m of the same opinion on the stock tires.

They just work.

Archived