1 hour ago, dismason said:

Often, those who sell these EUC devices promise a longer mileage for the wheel than it actually can do. So, one of the reasons that made me to choose KS16-C was the promised mileage of 70 km (43.5mi) of full charge. Today I tested it with start from 100% battery. 
I rode a nonstop trip without stops. 30 km (18.6mi) of my journey was a enduro trail so the wheel was receiving a lot of stress. The profile of the track is from sea level to +80 m (263ft). I weighted with all equipment today 71 kg (157 lbs). The end result is seen from this pics.

ScreenShot_71a.thumb.jpg.79280754d1d0a226c953b054996566a5.jpg  ScreenShot_71b.thumb.jpg.a33a604d186b7c92bc038796d8e96d9e.jpg

Fairly impressive, keeps well against the bigger wheels performance!

Cool, good information.

• Like 1

That really is impressive! I think one guy from our local group rides gets similiar range, with a 16S as well. I can’t get to 70km even with a 1600Wh MSX. But, I weigh 30% more and my avg speed is 50% higher... :laughbounce2:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

That really is impressive! I think one guy from our local group rides gets similiar range, with a 16S as well. I can’t get to 70km even with a 1600Wh MSX. But, I weigh 30% more and my avg speed is 50% higher... :laughbounce2:

Oh no, now you're pushing me to get a GotWay MSX :dribble::roflmao:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dismason said:

Oh no, now you're pushing me to get a GotWay MSX :dribble::roflmao:

No no no, I just told you how crappy the MSX range is! :roflmao:

Truthfully, I don’t think it’s your wheel. 18L might be though...

• Like 1

dismason18.thumb.jpg.669326c5c6ba7926bda35614cc27f544.jpg

Today, I tested how accurate the Kingsong app is. I used also the Runtastic app to compare time and distance data. I also had access to the exact task on the length of the driven route.
To make a long story short it turned out that the Kingsong app had a margin of error in today's ride. The Kingsong app showed 13% too much. The air pressure in the tire was during the test 2.98 bar (43.22 psi). Both the Kingsong (bluetooth) and Runtastic (gps) app had interference in the signal.

Screenshot_Param2.thumb.jpg.2560f2296ec2ca47bb63b24529af2016.jpg

So I would have a request to @US69, which I wish you could tell forward to Kingsong:
When I changing the speed settings, I wish that data on this could be stored in the system on the wheel. Now when the information is on a Chinese server, it does not work at all. My settings are kept active for a few minutes, then the wheel get disconnected from the app and it returns to the factory default setting.

SpeedSettings.thumb.jpg.412a149ebe410555480702fdac9791c3.jpg

In the next summer (2019), I have plan to travel with an EUC from Helsinki (Finland) to North Cape (Norway). Two new wheels are needed for this project, wheels that I can count on.

Edited by dismason
Spelling
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, dismason said:

So I would have a request to @US69, which I wish you could tell forward to Kingsong:
When I changing the speed settings, I wish that data on this could be stored in the system on the wheel. Now when the information is on a Chinese server, it does not work at all. My settings are kept active for a few minutes, then the wheel get disconnected from the app and the it returns to the factory default setting.

Actually your speed Settings themself are not stored on a chinese Server, they are actually only stored in your wheel....

Settings are shown as Default, when the Wheel is not Bluetooth connected(cant read from Wheel) or when there is no Login for the user.

Login for the user is checked, because with your  Login and personal informations you accepted the "Agreement for Setting higher Speed".

That's the reason why -without this Information/Login-  the Speed Setting is shown as Default and can not be changed until you are loged in and connected.

Perhaps it is worth mentioning that just because the app Shows the Standard values...These are not transfered to the Wheel a....

KS changed from "Unlock Code" to Unlock by "Personal Agreement" for Speed Unlocking.

If this is useful or not is for sure each his own opinion :-) 

Edited by US69
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

GPS distance and wheel distance aren't the same. The wheel counts the number of motor revolutions for a much more accurate number of the length of the curve you actually travelled, the GPS adds up from measurements every second (os so) for a number more closely related to the distance you'd find on maps and signposts. So that ~10% difference is normal. Just consider it when planning trips. (The wheel may still slightly miscompute because the tire diameter isn't 100% exactly known, but the discrepancy is not just due to cheating or an error, that's what I want to say).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, US69 said:

Actually your speed Settings themself are not stored on a chinese Server, they are actually only stored in your wheel....

Settings are shown as Default, when the Wheel is not Bluetooth connected(cant read from Wheel) or when there is no Login for the user.

Login for the user is checked, because with your  Login and personal informations you accepted the "Agreement for Setting higher Speed".

That's the reason why -without this Information/Login-  the Speed Setting is shown as Default and can not be changed until you are loged in and connected.

Perhaps it is worth mentioning that just because the app Shows the Standard values...These are not transfered to the Wheel a....

KS changed from "Unlock Code" to Unlock by "Personal Agreement" for Speed Unlocking.

If this is useful or not is for sure each his own opinion :-) 

That was a quick response! Thank you very much :thumbup:.

Okay now, I understand the principle of functionality. The only thing I can not understand yet is why the app loses contact with the wheel and the top speed drop down to 20 km/h. As you can see in my second pic, I have already approved the conditions and my wheels have been unlocked for a long time ago.

My Nikon and Fujifilm cameras are connected to their respective apps with WiFi. With this brands it have never been any connection problems. Perhaps the bluetooth signal is more sensitive to interference, or else it is much weaker?! 
I can not answer that myself :facepalm:. Maybe the issue is the wheel.

1 hour ago, dismason said:

Okay now, I understand the principle of functionality. The only thing I can not understand yet is why the app loses contact with the wheel and the top speed drop down to 20 km/h. As you can see in my second pic, I have already approved the conditions and my wheels have been unlocked for a long time ago.

Yeah, Sorry, sometimes the app just looses Connection from time to time, i have that on my 18S also. It is not the Wheel....as Connection to 3rd Party apps work better for me.

The only positive Outlook i can give:

A new KS app with new User Interface is in development.

• Upvote 3

• 6 months later...

A little update from me here in in the snowy Finland.
My new video channel starts from the 1st of April this year (the link to the channel shall be published that day). My GoPro equipment had so much technical problems that I simply couldn't get good quality videos out of them. So the seller took the whole GoPro package back and it has now been replaced with another brand.

I have founded a 500px image portfolio that holds high-resolution photographs from my EUC adventures, you find it here: https://500px.com/dismason/galleries/electric-unicycle 

My blog will also be updated with more EUC stuff. The first article was released yesterday and I hope you like it :-) https://dismason.org/2019/03/04/greener-photos-2019/ 
See you again soon :)

Carl

• 1 month later...

Yesterday when I was riding with my KingSong 16c, a police car followed me about three kilometers. Why? 
This week, the police have controlled vehicle speeds and it looked as the police patrol that followed me saw an electric unicycle for the first time. They could not and had no reason to stop me because my unicycle gives its first beep at 25 kph which is the maximum allowed speed for EUC here in Finland.
Take it easy out there in the big world so no one has any cause to make complaints about you!

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/5/2019 at 11:27 AM, dismason said:

Yesterday when I was riding with my KingSong 16c, a police car followed me about three kilometers. Why? 
This week, the police have controlled vehicle speeds and it looked as the police patrol that followed me saw an electric unicycle for the first time. They could not and had no reason to stop me because my unicycle gives its first beep at 25 kph which is the maximum allowed speed for EUC here in Finland.
Take it easy out there in the big world so no one has any cause to make complaints about you!

I thought that 25 km/h was allowed for devices that are assisted like electric bikes. You cant have an electric bike operating by throttle only. I think the hoverboards (comparable to eucs) are limited to 15km/h. But dont take my word for it. Here's extract from a police academy student final project (in Finnish):

"6.1 Jalankulkua avustavat/korvaavat liikkumisvälineet  Jalankulkua avustavia/korvaavia liikkumisvälineitä ovat muun muassa senioriskootterit ja tasapainotetut yksi tai useampipyöräiset henkilönkuljettimet, kuten sähköpotkulaudat ja sähköiset tasapainolaudat. Ne eivät edellytä ajokorttia, rekisteröintiä tai katsastusta. Näiden laitteiden teho saa olla korkeintaan 1 kW ja maksiminopeus enintään 15 km/h. Laitteita käytetään jalkakäytävällä kävelyvauhtia. Nämä liikkumisvälineet jäävät ajoneuvolain soveltamisalan ulkopuolelle."

So at least specwise my 1800 W Z10 is way past that 1000 W limit. Also I would have to limit my speed to 15 km/h to stay legal. Being classified a pedestrian I would not have to wear a helmet and I could ride on pedestrian ways. Although bicyclists arent obligated by law to wear one either. Or they are, but there is no punishment failing to do so.

Edited by Ziiten