my e+ is as fast as my s2

novazeus

riding my e+ today, practicing for the v10f that hopefully will be arriving soon, i was surprised to see that tiltback is somewhere about 15 mph. same as the s2. i only paid $359 delivered for a nib e+, it was a bargain. it has soft pedals even at the hardest setting compared to my other wheels and i didn’t like that at first but i’m really starting to like this wheel again. tiltback isn’t abrupt. so ninebot evidently underestimated the speed of this wheel. i’m easily over 200 pounds.

i was wondering if 15 mph was that unusual.

I can ride my E+ at 13-14 mph if I don't mind riding the tilt-back which is like a horse on a carousel. What are using  that is reading 15 mph? You may just have a rare one as it is pretty much documented that the upper limit is 13-14 mph.. 

2 hours ago, novazeus said:

riding my e+ today, practicing for the v10f that hopefully will be arriving soon, i was surprised to see that tiltback is somewhere about 15 mph. same as the s2. i only paid $359 delivered for a nib e+, it was a bargain. it has soft pedals even at the hardest setting compared to my other wheels and i didn’t like that at first but i’m really starting to like this wheel again. tiltback isn’t abrupt. so ninebot evidently underestimated the speed of this wheel. i’m easily over 200 pounds.

i was wondering if 15 mph was that unusual.

Not unusual at all; I have been riding between 14-15.5mph consistently for over 4000km. With >50-60% charge, my E+ does not start speed-tiltback until 14.5 mph.

The E+ is still a great machine, despite its limitations which are well known: battery size/ distance (easy to work around with spare batteries), and power/torque and top speed.

Where did you find one new for $359?

it was around the holidays when newegg was selling them for a low price and this one was like a black friday sale on ebay. 

i was wonering about the speed and maybe i’m going deaf but i didn’t hear any beeps or warnings of any kind, it just wanted to keep going. i could have sworn when i first started riding it, tiltback kicked in at the speed stated by ninebot, a little faster than my s1’s. they’ve all been very accurate to specs, but all of a sudden my e+ ate his wheaties and zoom, pretty quick, solid wheel, i was surprised and i wondered if there were others. some guy said one was going close to 20mph.

i was just holding my phone looking at segways app for my speed. tried to do a screenshot but couldn’t pull it off.

10 hours ago, novazeus said:

it was around the holidays when newegg was selling them for a low price and this one was like a black friday sale on ebay. 

i was wonering about the speed and maybe i’m going deaf but i didn’t hear any beeps or warnings of any kind, it just wanted to keep going. i could have sworn when i first started riding it, tiltback kicked in at the speed stated by ninebot, a little faster than my s1’s. they’ve all been very accurate to specs, but all of a sudden my e+ ate his wheaties and zoom, pretty quick, solid wheel, i was surprised and i wondered if there were others. some guy said one was going close to 20mph.

i was just holding my phone looking at segways app for my speed. tried to do a screenshot but couldn’t pull it off.

That's exactly my story. I wasn't sure I could learn to ride an EUC but at that <$400 price I thought it was worth a shot. I definitely don't regret the purchase! I will check mine this weekend on rides with the app and see what's what. 

Well I checked the tilt-back speed on my E+ and it was 14 mph!.  Two more mph and a larger battery and I would keep the E+ forever. INMotion V8s are now $899 shipped. The increase in speed is acceptable to me, but the increase in range is borderline. I will wait and see what the quality and price of the Z6 and Z8 turn out to be.

9 minutes ago, Jerome said:

Well I checked the tilt-back speed on my E+ and it was 14 mph!.  Two more mph and a larger battery and I would keep the E+ forever. INMotion V8s are now $899 shipped. The increase in speed is acceptable to me, but the increase in range is borderline. I will wait and see what the quality and price of the Z6 and Z8 turn out to be.

still couldn’t get a screen shot but i saw i hit 15.9 mph before a pretty strong tiltback.  i was thinking maybe in the translation i had the pedal settings wrong at zero so i tried 9. not positive but i think zero is the firmest pedal setting. the e+ just has squishy pedals. i tried calibrating it a couple of times and i get no beeps. i’m thinking my beeper thing must not be working or i’m really deaf to its tone.

so my e+ is faster than my s2. if it can run up to 15 mph, it becomes a really useful wheel for me. s1’s at 12.5 are too slow. i loved my s2 until it started wobbling. i think it must need a new tire or something.

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 1:55 AM, novazeus said:

still couldn’t get a screen shot but i saw i hit 15.9 mph before a pretty strong tiltback.  i was thinking maybe in the translation i had the pedal settings wrong at zero so i tried 9. not positive but i think zero is the firmest pedal setting. the e+ just has squishy pedals. i tried calibrating it a couple of times and i get no beeps. i’m thinking my beeper thing must not be working or i’m really deaf to its tone.

so my e+ is faster than my s2. if it can run up to 15 mph, it becomes a really useful wheel for me. s1’s at 12.5 are too slow. i loved my s2 until it started wobbling. i think it must need a new tire or something.

E+ is definitely a great EUC. Not unsusual for E+ to reach 15mph especially on earlier versions of firmware and latest revision of wheel (N20).

I am getting the slight/normal tiltback at 14,5mph on mine and the strongest tilt at 16,5mph (split second or so). Almost no beeps to hear (only beeps at me in case of power surge or peaks).

Check the wheel revision and firmware version (and evt. motherboard version). Looks like you've got a wheel similar to mine

16501170_7B78298EA9D9CECD548DCCC5641604DA1DF0B8597285AF71D5pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.thumb.png.455d3bb3bf70d903cda3d77859d6a58b.png

2675966_7625E36F50D5D518786B8FDD73400149FF9AF3DA0938DA5499pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.thumb.png.35326b49b118ce6915646256a6ffcb84.png

1266642266_AB9639EF589B75ED3FEEF95B153892A8106B5152AF11ED3128pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.thumb.png.8de6e6eb42327c0f5e423262b5971338.png

6 hours ago, Vik's said:

e+ is definitely a great EUC.

it really is. different feel from my other 4 types of wheels on the pedals but i could see how the pedal feel on the e+ could be the most intuitive. starting out, i preferred the little s2’s and s1’s for learning but the e+ could easily be a wheel to learn on and a keeper being able to easily cruise at up to 14 mph. tiltback at 16 mph is very controlled but deliberate. u will not ignore it.

it’s faster than my s2. rode it yesterday and right at it’s specified speed before 14.9 mph i start feeling tiltback. that’s enough usable speed for me if i can ever figure out why it developed a case of the wobbles, that would be great. i tried running it at the presribed psi of 35 and that seem to make the wobble worse, so i’m thinking it’s the tire somehow.

2 hours ago, novazeus said:

it really is. different feel from my other 4 types of wheels on the pedals but i could see how the pedal feel on the e+ could be the most intuitive. starting out, i preferred the little s2’s and s1’s for learning but the e+ could easily be a wheel to learn on and a keeper being able to easily cruise at up to 14 mph. tiltback at 16 mph is very controlled but deliberate. u will not ignore it.

it’s faster than my s2. rode it yesterday and right at it’s specified speed before 14.9 mph i start feeling tiltback. that’s enough usable speed for me if i can ever figure out why it developed a case of the wobbles, that would be great. i tried running it at the presribed psi of 35 and that seem to make the wobble worse, so i’m thinking it’s the tire somehow.

Yep, great learner wheel and I really miss the adjustable pedal softness/firmness when riding on my inmotion.

The wobble is most likely caused by the tire. My V8 was slightly wobbly and hoppy to begin with. Had to reseat a bead on a tire. So if your S2 developed some wobble lately I think your bead just wasn't set properly last time you pumped the tire up.

10 minutes ago, Vik's said:

Yep, great learner wheel and I really miss the adjustable pedal softness/firmness when riding on my inmotion.

The wobble is most likely caused by the tire. My V8 was slightly wobbly and hoppy to begin with. Had to reseat a bead on a tire. So if your S2 developed some wobble lately I think your bead just wasn't set properly last time you pumped the tire up.

that gives me an idea. i'll deflate the tire and pump it back up. i always rode with max pressure and beyond so maybe the bead did get skewed a little. thanks for the input.

49 minutes ago, Vik's said:

thank you. 

i just took the tire down enough to easily squeeze it and unseat the bead all the way around and pumped it back up to 40 psi and voila, no more wobbles. just did an unprotected barefoot ride to my mailbox and hit tiltback at least twice, no more wobbles. 

yaay! this was driving me crazy and i did not want to do a tire change esp not knowing if that was the fix.

thanks again @Vik's 

i bought 6 wheels before i knew how to ride one and even though the s1’s were a steal at $299 plus tax so $320 delivered, at a topspeed of around 16 mph and manageble tiltback, at $359 delivered, this e+ was the best bargain. i haven’t done any of the modifications that have been suggested and i guess maybe i should.

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

thank you. 

i just took the tire down enough to easily squeeze it and unseat the bead all the way around and pumped it back up to 40 psi and voila, no more wobbles. just did an unprotected barefoot ride to my mailbox and hit tiltback at least twice, no more wobbles. 

yaay! this was driving me crazy and i did not want to do a tire change esp not knowing if that was the fix.

Glad I could help! ;)

51 minutes ago, novazeus said:

at $359 delivered, this e+ was the best bargain.

It sound like a killer deal for sure. Battery alone would cost more than that!

36 minutes ago, Vik's said:

Glad I could help! ;)

It sound like a killer deal for sure. Battery alone would cost more than that!

yeah i just rode it again at 50 psi. smooth as glass. i paid $700 delivered for this batman s2 and i really liked it for short trips to my gate but that wobbling, even though it was rideable, took the fun out of it, for sure. all my wheels have been gently used, so it was frustrating to have one unusable. some people starting out don't pad their wheels, crash them like ur gonna do learning, and have problems, but when ur careful and there's not a mark on them and they go bad, it's puzzling. 

such an easy fix. i carefully deflated the tire just enough to pop the bead from the rim by squeezing the sidewalls and gently pumped it back up.

i could see beginners getting a wheel, jumping on it and playing with it right out of the box and it maybe having 10psi in the tire and then pumping it up to the right pressure but the bead not seating right and getting wobbles.

thanks again, it's like getting a new wheel. wobbles are no fun.

• 2 weeks later...

i learned something about my e+ today. i consider a good free mount is one that you can roll away on, no matter how ugly it was getting there. so still being forced to learn by Bob, i discovered that the e+ pedals are so loose at their hinge when i’d go to hop, the damn pedal would flop up from my foot pushing down on the other side so quick. and then when my foot misses completely, spin out and crash, or worse chase me. poor little e+ trying to teach me to smoothly mount. ur gonna be so beat up.

Archived