EUC Footwear?

13 hours ago, pico said:

$10 shoes,  grippy, firm laterally, flexible longitudinalIy for intimate feel of the wheel.

Have helped me develop strong and sensitive feet.

Saw this used by kingsong riders.

I use a less tight version for long rides.

shoes monowheel.jpg

Screenshot_2019-07-11-14-03-05-1.png

shoes mon.png

grippy.jpg

grippy and cheap? that's my thing. do you have a name/link for this? thanks for the share

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chulander said:

grippy and cheap? that's my thing. do you have a name/link for this? thanks for the share

No links, sorry. My GF gently shops the shoe section for me at Winner's. She knows my requirements.

One pair is marked RIVET61. :)

• Like 1

I tried wearing my nice Nikes on a ride once and it was miserable.  Sole too soft.  I have an ugly pair of worn Skechers slip-ons that are amazing for riding.  As ugly as they are, I will only wear those when I go riding!

On 7/11/2019 at 3:35 AM, b0n3head said:

Just bought these DC's water resistant skate boot and they feel amazing. Super grippy, plus good ankle protection. Plus I feel as if I have way more control, was even able to ride backwards easier. Didn't ride for long, so idk how they are for a long ride. However, I'm trying out powerstep comfortlast insoles once they get delivered. 

Will report back after trying the insoles with the DC's.

If interested I'll try a long ride with regular insoles too.

Curious about the original insole. I have some vans and they have 0 cushioning. It feels like im standing directly on the pavement when i'm walking. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, seage said:

Curious about the original insole. I have some vans and they have 0 cushioning. It feels like im standing directly on the pavement when i'm walking. 

The original insoles are fine for walking, at least to me. However, I did a 3km ride and was starting to feel some discomfort.

The padding is about 5mm is depth, and shape to your foot slightly. Definitely doesn't feel like walking on concrete imo.

As for the comfortlast insoles I bought, the arch was too high for me, started to hurt. Other than that though, they seem like a good option for someone with high arches.

Trying out the gamechangers by fpinsoles next

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

So here's the update to the insoles...

While the fp gamechangers were pretty comfortable and did help with arch support, I still got that burning sensation on my heel. With that being said, it did relieve the pain I would get on the rest of my foot.

Thinking of trying their kingfoam elite next

• 1 month later...
On 7/12/2019 at 10:10 AM, chulander said:

In the grippy and cheap section you also have the Feiyue martial arts shoes:

Feiyue-shoes-Kung-fu-Black-shoes-Retro-M

I wear those when I ride to the parkour training. They are very soft though.

Otherwise I'll usually wear hiking boots when riding.

Went out today to go get some new Vans. I actually have these disney vans that look so good, but they have NO INSOLE. Its like standing on concrete for hours. Got insoles for them, but they just... Yeah, not the best. Too much movement. So i went there to go check out the Sk8-Hi Pro's because they have this ultracush hd insole. I tried em, they were comfy. More than my shoes, but then the staff put me on to Comfycush. I tried em out. They have a similar feel in the heel as the ultra, but they are soft all along. Nice support under the ball of my foot and toes. Which goes numb when i ride 390240 miles. And them shits are super grippy. Really light (as they've taken over the lite shoes they had, the staff told me) Bought em and the ride home was super comfortable. 

Id recommend these. They only have em in black atm tho, since they're new, but I dont care, they're so good. And they're not even fully broken in yet. They get softerrrrr. But without that spongy, movement feel of ultraboosts, which i was using before (never again). Love it. Okay, thats all. 

My dad bought some Nike cross trainer shoes that are very stiff in the center (maybe 85% as stiff as a Five Ten mnt shoe) and the miles he can go between breaks doubled. 

I out a mild arch support (I have fairly flat feet) into my basket ball shoes and they have been decent. 

I would love a hiking boot with a skater shoe sole but that isnt going to happen :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Perhaps you will follow my example. I had a problem in the fact that I have terrible feet, as the doctor told me, and with long walking they begin to hurt. Recommended orthopedic shoes and insoles. Found an interesting tactical shoe here tactical boots. Then I bought additional insoles that were made in the clinic according to the shape of my foot individually and a miracle, almost a day on my feet with a decent load and everything is in order. Of course I felt that I was carrying the whole world on my shoulders like Atlas, but there were no pains in the feet, there was a terrible pain in the muscles, but this is normal :)

On 7/10/2018 at 11:04 PM, UniVehje said:

Well they are just grippy in any case. Made for trail running. Very soft and grippy soles. For me they work well on the V10F rubber pedals. 

I'll have to get one of those trail running/hiking shoes as a rock climber and to-be V10F owner. Thanks, for the tip!

So here is my latest update....

I Ended up returning the DC boots that I had previously as I came across some nice riding shoes/boots for motorcycles while looking for shin/knee guards.

The shoes are made by TCX and come in 2 colors at my local shop. An all black pair and a brown pair with white bottoms, which surprisingly I liked the brown more even though I wear mostly black.

Since they are motorcycle shoes, they have protection on the toes, heel, as well as the ankles. I am unsure of the material the reinforcement is made of, but it is nice and solid, yet doesn't cause discomfort. 

The soles are pretty damn nice IMO. They are rigid and will not bend down passed being flat, so your toes won't be getting extra pressure from the edge of the euc pedal, Yet they are flexible for walking. The bottoms are also pretty flat for alot of contact to the pedal and have an interesting design for grip. The grip has been great so far as well.

So far I have tried these shoes on 3 different eucs and have had great grip and comfort on all of them. As well as no fatigue while riding any of the wheels, and that is WITHOUT adding my own insoles.

I'd also like to point out that since there is a plate to guard your ankles, if you have a wheel like the ks14 where the battery pack bulges right where your ankle is, you won't even feel it. You also get extra stability since they are high tops.

Overall these shoes are the best to ride with IMO, or at least they are for me since everyone is different. With that being said, I hope this helps you all and you can find your perfect pair as well!!

P.S. I will post pictures and actual shoe name once I take them off after riding today 😁

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, UzGotNoSk1llz said:

So here is my latest update....

I Ended up returning the DC boots that I had previously as I came across some nice riding shoes/boots for motorcycles while looking for shin/knee guards.

The shoes are made by TCX and come in 2 colors at my local shop. An all black pair and a brown pair with white bottoms, which surprisingly I liked the brown more even though I wear mostly black.

Since they are motorcycle shoes, they have protection on the toes, heel, as well as the ankles. I am unsure of the material the reinforcement is made of, but it is nice and solid, yet doesn't cause discomfort. 

The soles are pretty damn nice IMO. They are rigid and will not bend down passed being flat, so your toes won't be getting extra pressure from the edge of the euc pedal, Yet they are flexible for walking. The bottoms are also pretty flat for alot of contact to the pedal and have an interesting design for grip. The grip has been great so far as well.

So far I have tried these shoes on 3 different eucs and have had great grip and comfort on all of them. As well as no fatigue while riding any of the wheels, and that is WITHOUT adding my own insoles.

I'd also like to point out that since there is a plate to guard your ankles, if you have a wheel like the ks14 where the battery pack bulges right where your ankle is, you won't even feel it. You also get extra stability since they are high tops.

Overall these shoes are the best to ride with IMO, or at least they are for me since everyone is different. With that being said, I hope this helps you all and you can find your perfect pair as well!!

P.S. I will post pictures and actual shoe name once I take them off after riding today 😁

I figured I'd just make it quick and easy, So here is the picturetcx_street_ace_wp_shoes_dakar_brown_1800

They are on the pricey side since they are motorcycle shoes, but well worth it to me.

Here is a site you can get them from: https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/tcx-street-ace-wp-shoes

Also, just a little more insight too above..... My commute is 30miles each way. The wheels I rode are KS14D, ks16x, and Gotway monster. And the shoes are waterproof.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have tried a pair of mc shoes in that exact style, but what prevents me from liking them very much is the lack of shock absorption in the midsole. I guess they didn’t think mc riding requires any. If your’s are more pricey they might be a different story though.

Seems like we have a decent array of shoe styles across the board here.

Nike Men's Metcon 3 Training Shoe Black Size 10.5 M US

Nike Metcon 3 Training Shoe

I'm a huge fan of the Nike Metcon cross training shoe especially for riding EUC's. Very solid sole especially when I want to get into some aggressive carving; the texture on the bottom definitely keeps me planted on my Inmotion v8 pedals, especially when I replaced with 3m safety walk cut-outs (here). Rain/shine, heavy or light downpours, I haven't had a problem with loss of grip. Pretty solid all around.

• Like 1

I am pretty new to this but it does seem your feet get tougher. I used to have pain with a 1 mile commute. Yesterday did 10 miles with no problems. Usually, I just use flat leather sneakers. I do use superfeet insoles.

Bought some very cool Vans today. 

Might be the best riding shoe for me , because i love my SK8 hi Vans for riding.

But these are so incredibly lightweight, one shoe is 250 grams. They are waxed so no problem with dirt.

And the best is they have a sole called ultracush, and they really are ultracush, really really comfy, wow. They fit like a glove.

If anybody sees them in a shop should try them out.

vans - sk8-hi lite black waxed canvas

86048276-50AA-49C2-85F2-1C18A364BEAB.jpeg.bce21a1db1a6b90146665708f2e106ca.jpeg  851AA489-F9DF-4A3C-BFD6-1294DAB5ED9C.thumb.jpeg.0fb43e1baf0a9f200b223d1c8e4723ea.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I tried a pair of UltraCush Sk8-Hi’s in the summer, and while probably lighter than even my indoor slippers, the insole didn’t feel very soft at all. I’m sure it would’ve become softer after just a few hundred steps or so, but I decided not to take the plunge. I’m starting to think I should’ve.

Edit: Sorry, ComfyCush was the one I tried.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

I tried a pair of UltraCush Sk8-Hi’s in the summer, and while probably lighter than even my indoor slippers, the insole didn’t feel very soft at all. I’m sure it would’ve become softer after just a few hundred steps or so, but I decided not to take the plunge. I’m starting to think I should’ve.

Met up with @buell47 today, we had a really nice ride out today even though it was pretty muddy and wet, we still had some great fun.

So i had a chance to try out the shoes.

And wow these shoes unbelievable, first time ever that i had no numbness or footpain. Really awesome these shoes.

Edited by RoadRunner
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RoadRunner said:

Met up with @buell47 today, we had a really nice ride out today even though it was pretty muddy and wet, we still had some great fun.

So i had a chance to try out the shoes.

And wow these shoes unbelievable, first time ever that i had no numbness or footpain. Really awesome these shoes.

Glad they worked out!  I looked on the website, and it seems like they replaced UltraCush with ComfyCush.  So I'm going to have to go to the store and check out a pair.  I tend to get a lot of pain and numbness on my right foot, and never on my left.  I think it comes from putting too much pressure on the inside of the foot.  Still playing with shoes and foot positioning to alleviate the pain.

On 11/9/2019 at 4:08 PM, mrelwood said:

Edit: Sorry, ComfyCush was the one I tried.

Yeah, i was gonna get ultracush, but then decided to go with comfy cush. The reason was, they let me try a Used/returned pair of the comfy and it was SOOOOOOO soft. It fit to my toes, it was so light and comfortable. Then when i got the new pair, they were a lot tougher. I bought the new pair and broke them in and now i cant ride without em. Distances no longer hurt at all! Ultracush are good too, but the padding is on the heel only for the most part, whereas comfy has padding all the way to under your toes. And since i shift my weight around and like to ride on my toes a lot, it realllly helped with that pain. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1