EUC Footwear?

Super frustrating.  Ordered a size 10 Doc Martens Made In England Pascal Ripple and they could probably fit a size 12!  I should've done more research on sizing, but it was hard because there's almost no reviews available for this particular boot.  

12 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

We don't pay enough attention to how different footwear can change the feel of riding your EUC.  I changed to a pair of Oakley boots and it's completely different than my other footwear.  

"We".... I think you meant "I".

• Upvote 1

I've been digging one foot arch into the back edge of the respective pedals these days, to have more nuanced control for braking (and experimenting/playing around), and discovered I can use the force of the edge of the pedal to apply force and massage the arch of my foot, typically the main point of foot tension riding EUCs.

• Like 2

On 5/2/2018 at 10:52 AM, Roo Williams said:

No, suede! I was looking for them for a while. I have the leather ones but they get warm and I'm just not into the canvas ones (even tho they have patches of suede... look cheap).

https://www.vans.com/shop/suede-sk8-hi

That is currently what I use. These shoes are so nice. The water resistance is nice too.

• Like 2

So..I am starting to test different shoes for ride control and comfort, as I can ride for longer mow. Rode almost 10 km yesterday on test of  beershopping with a backpack. 

I have 2 different Solomons walking/hiking shoes. After reading your posts here...I consider testing my hiking/mountail/trail boots tomorrow. Those boots make my ankles all stiff to avoid ankles get a twist or sprained. Wounded how control and balance will work. At least we do not have Nevada desert temps here in Sweden.

• Like 1

woo woo. new shoes came today. sk8 -hi goblin blue/true white. i like them. a little snug like i would expect u would want them. these are suede and cloth on the sides.  i just did a test ride on my worse pedals, 9bot1e+ and had great adhesion. i can still wiggle my toes but my foot is strapped in well. the cushioned part over the ankles is just high enough for protection from pedal bites. more protection where i need it than the tactical boots.

i ready for my v10f come wednesday.

20180505_133032

• Like 3

7 hours ago, dismason said:

The fashion color for skateboarding shoes at us is this year red. :facepalm:  These shoes feels very stable. For longer trips I probably choose my jogging shoes to get a softer ride.

InRed.thumb.jpg.e1756663ea2a58f62b865878e6063289.jpg

yeah, i think ur right. they call these maroon but close enough. they were on sale at dick’s so i got three pair for about $100 total.

41193731554_171a1fda5d_b.jpg

• Like 2

yup. just did about ten laps on my road with my ks18s. if i had to do the beginning thing over, i would definitely get a pair of these van’s sk8-hi’s. my foot does not move at all. it’s like velcro. i may be wrong but i see one legged riding in the near future.

• Like 1

After reading this tired, I drove by car 53mi and bought Vans Sk8 slip on in black/black. They didn't have the boots in my size.

https://www.junkyard.se/skor-classic-slip-on-1

After driving back I took my Inmotion V8 for a drive...building relive link now.

I found the sk8 shoes good to find concerning grip, but I somehow seemsto have trouble getting right foot in a court balance position. So I guess I have to training with the new shoes. But I am getting better at saving wobbles, pothole and feet leaving pedals when riding over a curb.

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

After reading this tired, I drove by car 53mi and bought Vans Sk8 slip on in black/black. They didn't have the boots in my size.

https://www.junkyard.se/skor-classic-slip-on-1

After driving back I took my Inmotion V8 for a drive...building relive link now.

I found the sk8 shoes good to find concerning grip, but I somehow seemsto have trouble getting right foot in a court balance position. So I guess I have to training with the new shoes. But I am getting better at saving wobbles, pothole and feet leaving pedals when riding over a curb.

Hej,

Those shoes look really nice. There are also a lot of shock absorbing soles to insert as an extra support for the foot. Here I found one seller in Sweden https://www.rehaboteket.se/skoinlagg-sulor but it may also be a good idea to visit the local hardware store. 
Med vänlig hälsning
Carl

Hey everyone I’m new here and just got my first wheel today it’s a pinwheel T1 so a pretty slow starter wheel but perfect for me to learn on and not worry about distroying it to much ? I’ve had roughly an hour on it today and quite confident going straight forward but still got to learn turning better. Now onto the footwear issue I discovered in the first 30 mins that good footwear is essential after I stepped off and the wheel tried to eat my foot ? I was wearing some Nike sock darts at the time and they hold no protection for foot eating wheels ? sufficed to say I’ll be getting some skate shoes out the cupboard next time. My ankle bones are killing from the rubbing after today’s session though is this usual or am I just riding it wrong? Thanks for your help and advice. ?

2 hours ago, DownhillCol said:

Hey everyone I’m new here and just got my first wheel today it’s a pinwheel T1 so a pretty slow starter wheel but perfect for me to learn on and not worry about distroying it to much ? I’ve had roughly an hour on it today and quite confident going straight forward but still got to learn turning better. Now onto the footwear issue I discovered in the first 30 mins that good footwear is essential after I stepped off and the wheel tried to eat my foot ? I was wearing some Nike sock darts at the time and they hold no protection for foot eating wheels ? sufficed to say I’ll be getting some skate shoes out the cupboard next time. My ankle bones are killing from the rubbing after today’s session though is this usual or am I just riding it wrong? Thanks for your help and advice. ?

Well I got some ballet lessons too from my Inmotion V8. As I understand it most have experienced this during the learning curve to adapt to this new sensation to control and master the euc dynamics. Myself got a fantastic battle bruising yesterday...again. I have chosen the following: it might hurt but it is part of how we learn best. And get back on the "horse" ASAP. Never quit on a failure no matter what. Now you can see from my profile and signature that I am fresh of rookie to borderline n00b at this still.

I can tell you that it is VERY much worthwhile to keep at it. You will most likely find at some point your body kinda selfadjust and it is VERY hard for me to explain this process. It is kinda like looking through a magnifying glass trying to find focus. Once you know what to expect you find faster each time you use it. You can see my tip about rolling down a long skisock to coussin your ankles or use a knee neoprene support drawn down to the ankles or buying shine and ankle protection..But I personally thing the risk at getting hurt a little keep your mind focused and keep some sense of not doing something foolhearted.

Oh and another big tip:

Film what you are doing and watch some of the pros on how they do.like e.g.. @Marty Backe @Rehab1 chooctec on youtube and some Asian guy called Simon and duf (I think he call himself).

Look at different people as some give different ridestyle tips and how to learn it. I found the speed wobble three VERY helpful.

Hope this help you.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

Well I got some ballet lessons too from my Inmotion V8. As I understand it most have experienced this during the learning curve to adapt to this new sensation to control and master the euc dynamics. Myself got a fantastic battle bruising yesterday...again. I have chosen the following: it might hurt but it is part of how we learn best. And get back on the "horse" ASAP. Never quit on a failure no matter what. Now you can see from my profile and signature that I am fresh of rookie to borderline n00b at this still.

I can tell you that it is VERY much worthwhile to keep at it. You will most likely find at some point your body kinda selfadjust and it is VERY hard for me to explain this process. It is kinda like looking through a magnifying glass trying to find focus. Once you know what to expect you find faster each time you use it. You can see my tip about rolling down a long skisock to coussin your ankles or use a knee neoprene support drawn down to the ankles or buying shine and ankle protection..But I personally thing the risk at getting hurt a little keep your mind focused and keep some sense of not doing something foolhearted.

Oh and another big tip:

Film what you are doing and watch some of the pros on how they do.like e.g.. @Marty Backe @Rehab1 chooctec on youtube and some Asian guy called Simon and duf (I think he call himself).

Look at different people as some give different ridestyle tips and how to learn it. I found the speed wobble three VERY helpful.

Hope this help you.

Hey thanks for the help and advice, I have been watching most of those guys for the last few months now and that’s probably why I’m able to go around on it after an hour of practice. I have been confined to a bumpy back garden though so really need to get out on the open roads. I defo will be using different shoes though ? I’m really surprised at how well it accelerates and this is only a cheap one! I can’t imagine what it feels like to ride something faster. But I suppose in a few weeks time I’ll be pining for something with a bit more power LOL 

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

Thanks for the compliment but @Marty Backe would run circles around me. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Only because you can't ride right now ;)

So if your correct come this Friday I will instantly develop Marty superpowers. Now I’m excited!  ?

• Like 2