Hello, 

I am designing a adaptation using the minipro as a drive for moving a load robotically.  Is it possible to circumvent the pressure sensors below the foam to allow R/C function. While the minipro “still” senses a load via the accelerometer and other sensors?  Is there a complete different control algorithm for the R/C mode that if presssure sensors are intact and RC mode used that it makes it unridable or just hypersensitive tilt response?  Thank you for any and all insights.

Very Best Regards,

James Hamman

I'm not sure what you are trying to do, are you saying the you want to have the RC mode function even when the pressure sensors are active, and that currently it does not?  I'm sure you could make that modification easy enough.

As for weather it would use a different algorithm, when in remote control mode, I don't know.  I can say it does seem to use a modified algorithm when going reverse, so it is possible that the same is true for remote mode which might have more of a delayed response to commands.  I think it would not have any problems operating because of extra weight, but the remote more is speed limited.

Quick try would be to create two wooden blocks that fit at the edges of the step but dont affect the sensors (cut out that part of the block).
Then step up pm blocks (WITH HELMET :D)  and try remote.

UPDATE: I TRIED IT
I stepped with the outer edge of my feet on the pedals only (not activating switches) and balanced.
Turned on remote - so far so god.
Pushed forward - It went backward. Why - read on:

In remote it does not DRIVE forward per se, instead
1. It tilts vehicle forward (not nice experience when standing on edges of your feet) obviously by moving its only control, wheels, backward from vertical position
2. The forward tilt is then just barely countered by the motors to bring vehicle upright (at least with no load), but
3. That tiny force is not enough to drive it forward when You stand on it, instead You will feel that the ninebot disappears BACKWARD under your feet.
Really hard to explain, but thats how it went - it went backward while tilting me forward when pushing joystick forward and it was not a pleasant experience, tried it twice ;)

From above info I think You an guess what happens if i press backward ;)
I dont plan to go forward by having the ninebot backward tilt me LOL

On 4/21/2018 at 8:44 PM, Boogieman said:

Quick try would be to create two wooden blocks that fit at the edges of the step but dont affect the sensors (cut out that part of the block).
Then step up pm blocks (WITH HELMET :D)  and try remote.

UPDATE: I TRIED IT
I stepped with the outer edge of my feet on the pedals only (not activating switches) and balanced.
Turned on remote - so far so god.
Pushed forward - It went backward. Why - read on:

In remote it does not DRIVE forward per se, instead
1. It tilts vehicle forward (not nice experience when standing on edges of your feet) obviously by moving its only control, wheels, backward from vertical position
2. The forward tilt is then just barely countered by the motors to bring vehicle upright (at least with no load), but
3. That tiny force is not enough to drive it forward when You stand on it, instead You will feel that the ninebot disappears BACKWARD under your feet.
Really hard to explain, but thats how it went - it went backward while tilting me forward when pushing joystick forward and it was not a pleasant experience, tried it twice ;)

From above info I think You an guess what happens if i press backward ;)
I dont plan to go forward by having the ninebot backward tilt me LOL

Thank you for confirming my experience. Now can this backwards propensity be reversed to prevent the “dissapearing” of the device in directions antithetical to ones desired trajectory??

Archived