The streets of NYC made me horny

My Tesla is currently awaiting some maintenance but this arrived yesterday.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0768W8MTV/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Light is bright and has a few modes including flashing,  it's light weight and USB rechargeable and LOUD at least in the house. It makes a pretty normal noise too (a lot of these type of horns make weird spaceship noises.)

I'm either going to extend and make the cable to the control switch longer and more robust to mount on my EUC or more likely mount it and switch onto my bag straps. Will be testing its effectiveness at getting pedestrians to move out of the cycle lanes and reducing the chance of death by cars turning left on me every day shortly... Will report back!

Haha! I’ve thought the same about custom eggshell stickers (which are really really difficult to peel) that say ‘I’m a fucking idiot’ but again, getting the backing off and slapping it on is tricky when everything happens so fast.

UPDATE: first ride, button clipped onto bag, it's pretty hard to locate at a moment's notice, especially with motorcycle gloves on. Did get people's attention when pressed though and cars could hear it. Plan to change the button for a larger pushbutton that's easier to slap impulsively when needed.

Maybe not quite that big and comical.. there's still an aesthetic to uphold here even if it does erode slightly with each new accessory I find to strap onto myself ;).

On a practical note, I may just extend the cable and keep it in my hand. One of those nice braided cables used for headphone wires would be ideal.

I chopped a pretty robust feeling USB cable up, made two wires out of the four internal wires and switched out the stock wire for this longer version. Now I'm able to clip it on my bag and clip the button onto a finger so I know exactly where it is when I need it. Pretty minimal, and works well!

... found a new way to tease my dog too! :D

IMG_4144.JPG

51 minutes ago, Roo Williams said:

I chopped a pretty robust feeling USB cable up, made two wires out of the four internal wires and switched out the stock wire for this longer version. Now I'm able to clip it on my bag and clip the button onto a finger so I know exactly where it is when I need it. Pretty minimal, and works well!

... found a new way to tease my dog too! :D

It also makes you become Cesar Milan? :thumbup:

Archived