Inmotion App for Android

Unventor

4 hours ago, em1barns said:

Gents, any tip on how to change vehicle in the new app (version 7)? Can't seem to find anymore how to switch between my V5 and V8...

There is an other vehicles button when its trying to connect.  

Anyone using WheelLog 2.0.9 with Inmotion V10 or V10F successfully: Please let me know which Android version you are using...

I tried with 7.1.2 (Nougat), downgraded my Smartphone to 6.0.1 (Marshmallow), then upgraded to 8.1.0 (Oreo) and in each OS I installed WheelLog 2.0.9: It always finds the Wheel and shows the correct MAC address: I tried establishing a connection with no password, with 000000 as password and with the password of my Inmotion account. However, WheelLog always manages to establish connections, but cannot read data from the wheel (WheelLog is able to connect with my KS16 though).

BTW: For me the Inmotion (Cr)App only works reliable with Marshmallow and on iPhones with my V10F. So the bluetooth module of the V10F is not the issue. 

Edited by Gunthor

2 hours ago, Anton said:

Try this wheelLog_1205018.apk from site [Android] WheelLog

That seems iffy to me.   New user with 1 post... posting an apk file... I wouldn't download or install it.

Edited by Keith
Removed links to file
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Anton said:

Hi @Anton - welcome to this forum! @palachzzz posts his wheellog versions also here in 

i did not check if his version at eletrotransport.ru is newer or the same?!

I hope you understand, that we deleted your direct apk download link here, since we do not know you.

But many thanks for pointing out this second (?primary?) source for @palachzzz's wheellog versions!

• Upvote 1

Well so far still no luck to get my Samsung Note8 with Oreo update 8.0 to work with Inmotion app (tested all version from 6.7.1 to 7.0.3). Not even a factory reset on my phone didn't help either.

Both Inmotion and Samsung support are blaming each other for not updating their product or not including the needed BT drivers.

So this is what I think as a customer. Why is this so hard to create and App when so many functions or settings are App depended. Is case you need a special BT driver function why not release a service add on. I am thinking in line with mopria printing service or canon print service that a customer can add as a service to get functions that was not included in Android. 

Any thought on this @Bobwheel and @Jeffrey Scott Will  ?

• Like 1

New version released https://file.imscv.com/app/2018/06/22/inMotion_7.0.3.1.apk

Edited by Unventor
Note: I still do not get communication between Samsung galaxy note 8 and Inmotion V8

Hallo,

I upgraded to 7.0.3 with my V5F. After having loaded my battery, it says incredible distance for riding of 40 km with an 280 Wh battery ?

Also I've consumption figures with more than 280 Wh?

Seems it is not adapted correctly to V5F data?

Can anybody confirm this?

The V5F is capable of 550 watts of power output so that reading if it was 280watts would be well within the specs. Perhaps that is what you were reading or was it the metric of 280wh/km which would of course be a mistake. If you dont have Location enabled and you try to record your ride you can get figues like maximum speed, 120km/hr and a distance traveled that is nowhere near what your actual mileage was like I got from the App. I think I got a reading of traveling 125 miles in 16 mins.  Ha! I can assure you that no such ride I took was that long or that fast.

The app will always overestimate your available travel distance in reserve. It should read closer to 30 km I am assuming. Other than that app stuff, how did the V5f feel?

Thanks. I have no Internet on my phone. Very unusual - but my mobile i normally just for calls. Internet is done with noetebook - always.

That makes sense - because I got values, which didn't make sense.

I love my V5F - only the poor distance with the small battery bothers me very much. The consequence ist - no riding - but going for a walk......

Hopefully that won't happen anymore with the V10F.

Regards

Yes the Download is slow. Version 7.0.4 is running as reliable as 7.0.3 on my smartphone with Marshmellow now. I'd appreciate a message of those who install 7.0.4 on Nougat or Oreo if the App now connects successfully with a V10 machine...

...because I'd like to upgrade the OS on my smartphone again. :efee8319ab:

Edited by Gunthor

I have a Samsung S7 running Android version 7.0, and another Android phone from ZTE running a similar version of Android 7.0. Neither phone has ever been able to connect to the V10F using the Inmotion app. I downloaded and installed this latest version of the app (7.0.4) and still the same result.  Both phones see the wheel in the Inmotion app, but won’t connect and I keep getting a pop-up window stating the Bluetooth MAC address is incorrect and I need to delete the wheel and re-connect, or something to that effect. The ZTE phone is a pre-paid phone with no data on it or any other Bluetooth connections, so it’s a clean phone right out of the box, so no other Bluetooth data/or connections to cause any interference with connecting to the V10F.

I have given up for the time being and I am just using an older iPhone 6 to connect with the wheel and manage my settings.  I also own a new model iPad Mini which also connects to the Wheel with no issues, of course I don’t carry the iPad when riding the V10, I use the iPhone while riding and it works just fine.

So it’s the Android connection issues that are the problem, I hope that Inmotion gets the Android issues figured out so I don’t have to carry two phones with me when I ride the V10F— pain in da butt!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gunthor said:

Thank you @Master Blaster I will stay with Marshmellow (Android version 6) until Inmotion fixes the issue or until WheelLog will work with the V10F...

To be honest I doubt connection issues have any priorities at Inmotion. @Bobwheel have not giving any indication they are working on this. Seems focus is on ride and behaviour optimisation/bugfixing is on the radar.

41 minutes ago, Unventor said:

To be honest I doubt connection issues have any priorities at Inmotion. @Bobwheel have not giving any indication they are working on this. Seems focus is on ride and behaviour optimisation/bugfixing is on the radar.

There is little point perfecting the firmware if people can't connect to their wheels to apply it. These connection issues should be a top priority. Even if you never use the app while riding having the ability to configure the wheel to you ride tastes/style is of utmost importance. Not everyone has (or wants) an Apple phone lying around.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

There is little point perfecting the firmware if people can't connect to their wheels to apply it. These connection issues should be a top priority. Even if you never use the app while riding having the ability to configure the wheel to you ride tastes/style is of utmost importance. Not everyone has (or wants) an Apple phone lying around.

My point was that I don't disagree with you but they have not said anything about working on this, but have stayed very quiet about this and this is my main reason not buying the V10f but looking at KS18L or maybe consider Z10. 

I know they might have app issues too..But I am trying to spread my eggs not putting them all in one basket. Then there is the "slow applying break" reports from V10f users.