Inmotion App for Android

Unventor

I think there's something screwy with the Bluetooth on this thing I can't connect to audio either.  I'll try my wife's older Android, maybe the newst Android 8.1 doesn't like the app. I cant connect to the device probably 2/3 of the time. With the app, sometimes after reboot my entire phone and restart the unicycle several times to get it to go.

50 minutes ago, that0n3guy said:

Here is what mine does every time no matter what file I try.

Screenshot_20180603-190901.png

Have you registered the wheel in the app? This is a requirement on the V8 before this can be done. Same with firmware updates and gyro calibration.

41 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

Have you registered the wheel in the app? This is a requirement on the V8 before this can be done. Same with firmware updates and gyro calibration.

I just tried it, registration work to just fine but I still can't do the lighting.

I also tried on my wife's pixel 1, it's the same version of Android though, just older Hardware.  It was able to connect to Bluetooth audio instantly, but still no lighting effects. I'll try restarting my pixel 2 and see if I can get audio to go.

3 minutes ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

It would be great if there was a bluetooth button that could be mounted on the wrist instead of the app to access the horn function.

Maybe interfacing it to a device like this.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Bluetooth-Wireless-BLE-finger-PTT-for_60709559215.html?spm=a2700.7724857.main07.58.590b61b7rCb0xu

Everytime I go into the vehicle settings it gives me the 14mph warning: 

image.thumb.png.93b0aa551b11031159829b4be48505de.png

and then it resets my speed to 14mph... I have to re-set the high speed every time (its super annoying).

Does this happen to anyone else?

Edited by that0n3guy

Looks like a new version when I powered up the app this morning. Won't have a chance to test until later today.My quick and dirty looksie doesn't show any noticeable changes. probably just what it says, bug fixes, no new features or additional compatibility with V10F (i.e. audio uploading).

Screenshot_20180608-074655_InMotion.jpg

Screenshot_20180608-074713_ES File Explorer.jpg

Edited by maltocs
  • Like 2

Link to version 7.0.3:

https://file.imscv.com/app/2018/06/08/inMotion_7.0.3.apk

Edited by Unventor
Note! Much faster to get from Google Play. They finally updated from 6.7.1 to 7.0.3
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, novazeus said:

u can play music on the wheel by connecting to “unicycle audio” in ur bluetooth connections.

Thanks but my BT music play A2DP audio works fine, i'm talking about uploading custom sounds or ANY system sounds at all since I deleted them when I did an ERASE ALL command thinking it would just to back to factory default. Right now I have no system sounds at all. I don't care much for the slight speed tiltback warning, but I'd love to know why the unit does a FULL kick me off TILTBACK once in a while.

1 minute ago, maltocs said:

Thanks but my BT music play A2DP audio works fine, i'm talking about uploading custom sounds or ANY system sounds at all since I deleted them when I did an ERASE ALL command thinking it would just to back to factory default. Right now I have no system sounds at all. I don't care much for the slight speed tiltback warning, but I'd love to know why the unit does a FULL kick me off TILTBACK once in a while.

i wasn’t sure. somebody couldn’t figure out how to play music on it, like me when i got it, the unicycle audio bluetooth is slow to show up in the beginning.

On 6/8/2018 at 4:25 PM, maltocs said:

Yes I remember being able to change and upload my own custom sounds. The process basically gave me the ability to flash the micro-controller which was the same process for the side lights. Took about 5 minutes for it to flash.  But it seems inmotion has removed that ability  the flash anything to the wheel now.

19 hours ago, maltocs said:

SOUND CUSTOMIZATION and loading FACTORY DEFAULT sounds are available on the new update for the V10F. Now all my erased default system sounds are back in place. Now I can finally try to figure out what warnings my V10F is trying to tell me when it tilts back and kicks me off.  

FYI, I am using the InMotion Android v7.0.3 on a Samsung S9 Oreo

Did it work for you?   My pixel 2 wouldn't work so I tried an iphone 7plus from a friend.   It said it worked, but I still don't hear anything.   I have Jason at ewheels looking into it because I've never heard any sounds.

Edited by that0n3guy

I have huge connection difficulties connecting the current Inmotion app with the V10F: Out of 60 attempts only 3 successful connections! I used the app from this thread as well as the one from Google Play store! I tried the tips given in this thread but to no avail. :(

WheelLog however is able to connect immediately and always - even though it doesn't read any data from the EUC! Only once WheelLog showed data, but it didn't make any sense: Millions of already driven km and the like! :(

Unfortunately I don't have a second Smartphone available... :(

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note (GT-N7000)
Android-Version: 7.1.2 (Night-Owl)

Any ideas...?

11 minutes ago, Gunthor said:

I have huge connection difficulties connecting the current Inmotion app with the V10F: Out of 60 attempts only 3 successful connections! I used the app from this thread as well as the one from Google Play store! I tried the tips given in this thread but to no avail. :(

WheelLog however is able to connect immediately and always - even though it doesn't read any data from the EUC! Only once WheelLog showed data, but it didn't make any sense: Millions of already driven km and the like! :(

Unfortunately I don't have a second Smartphone available... :(

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note (GT-N7000)
Android-Version: 7.1.2 (Night-Owl)

Any ideas...?

Have you ever tried the latest version here: https://www.inmotionworld.com/app

Thank you @Bobwheel - however, the link

downloads inMotion_7.0.3.zip and in this zip there is no apk to install on an android device! So how do I get this running on my smartphone? Furthermore: The last modified dates of the files within the zip are from 1970!!! I already tried the 7.0.3 version from different internet locations but I'd expect inmotion to increase the version number if they would differ from each other...

OK the link

again offers an .apk file. However this also does not establish a connection with my V10F! After trying many 7.0.3 versions I deinstalled and installed a 7.0.2 version. Again: No luck! So I upgraded using the app upgrade function: Again no luck! Yesterday when trying to connect about 50 times with 7.0.3 I managed about 5 times a two second connection - meaning: I could hear the wheel responding to the Bluetooth connection and two seconds later I could hear the wheel disconnecting the Bluetooth connection! Today I cannot even repeat this "useless success"!  
I also tried the following: Deleting Inmotion App Cache and data, deleting network settings, restarting smartphone and V10F: No luck!

However, WheelLog continues to establish a connection immediately but cannot read any data from the wheel! The app "Bluetooth Mac Address Finder" shows the same Mac address that WheelLog is using and I entered 000000 as the wheel password because I can't enter the Inmotion app to change it.

Edited by Gunthor
  • Upvote 1

@Gunthor  I had issues initially too...    Here is what I do now:

• Reboot your phone
  • turn off v10f
  • turn on v10f
  • open in motion app
  • It says "connecting v10f-0sd8f90"
  • IF it doesn't connect, click on "other vehicles"
  • click the vehicle
  • it should connect (could take 30 seconds)

If it doesn't connect.   Delete the vehicle from the list of vehicles and repeat the list above.   After I got it to connect once really good, usually the 4-8 usually works.

Thank you for your input @that0n3guy. I am glad you managed to get the app going for you - I hope I belong to this group soon too. I already did exactly what you suggested several times! However after deleting the vehicle from the list of vehicles I never managed a connection! So I always need to select my vehicle to initiate the connection - which always fails!

My apologies for writing down my frustration. I probably need to open a support ticket with Inmotion and stop using this thread for logging what I already tried - however, if anyone has an idea I'd appreciate further input.

- Don't update the app from within the app, because you won't get the latest version from the App store but some other version with Chinese messages popping up. I know: Before the app store offered the up to date app the link within the app offered the most recent version!!! Today after updating from within the app I opened the app-store and needed to update again!!!

- The power consumption of this app is a night mare: With 60% battery and direct socket connection to charge the battery while using the app it managed to drain the battery and freezed the smartphone!  

- It is necessary to confirm the following dialogs: "Get location permission for bluetooth searching function in the system higher than Android 6.0?" and "Allow the Inmotion app to access the location of your device?" - else the Search will not find the Inmotion wheel and the message "Permission is denied and operation cannot be performed!" is displayed! Sometimes it is necessary to restart the app a second time after a new installation to get those confirmation dialogs. It is also necessary to have an Inmotion account and to log into this account in order for the app to start working. Only then the the search function - a rotating circle with "Searching..." in the centre - will find the Inmotion wheel which is displayed below the still rotating circle. The name of the Inmotion wheel is V10F-XXXXXXXX. XXXXXXXX refers to the last 8 digitals of the product serial number. It is necessary to select the Inmotion wheel to initiate the connection. Only then "Searching..." in the centre of the circle is replaced with "Connecting V10F-XXXXXXXX". If you are as unlucky as I am "X Connection failed" is displayed soon thereafter. Sometimes "Searching..." or "Connecting V10F-XXXXXXXX" doesn't stop and if you don't cancel the operation your smartphone battery gets drained!

- If you are lucky like @that0n3guy then your connection is saved and future starts of the Inmotion app will trigger the connection automatically. 

Now after 5 hours of try and fail I managed only once a a two second connection - meaning another failed connection attempt that got at least recognized by the wheel audibly. :barf:

Summary:
- Out of ~100 connection attempts only 3 successful connections on Monday and Tuesday.
- WheelLog still connects (without getting data) audibly and visibly with the wheel.
- The app "Bluetooth Mac Address Finder" finds the same Mac address as WheelLog.
- Bluetooth Unicycle Audio is functioning (streaming sound from the smartphone to the speakers of the wheel.
- This indicates to me that Bluetooth is working but my Android smartphone with this Inmotion Crap App isn't.
- To rule out a mal-functioning Bluetooth module within the wheel I need to get hold of two other smartphones (iPhone and another android one).
- If they work... then my assumption that my suffering is caused by an insufficient tested app will be confirmed and the wheel does not need to be returned.

Edited by Gunthor

49 minutes ago, Gunthor said:

So I always need to select my vehicle to initiate the connection - which always fails!

For me, selecting the vehicle from the list on the main page doesn't work very often.   Even if it shows on the connection page, click the "other" vehicle button to pick it.

@Gunthor I full understand your frustration as I feel the same way. I can't get connection to my Inmotion V8 either.

This is party why I am not getting the V10f but are looking to get a KS18L instead. And partly due to the reviews about breaking behaviour too. To me I do not get why a wheel is setup so breaks worse than a wheel with smaller motor unless it has to avoid skidding.

I have given up on Inmotion App and use wheellog instead.

OK - after pestering my neighbor he managed to establish a connection with his iPhone on the first try! For this reason I think the Bluetooth module within the wheel is OK. Afterwards I tried again with my Android phone after deleting the Inmotion cache, data and reentering the login information I was able to choose the vehicle in the vehicle management interface from the earlier iPhone connection. Here is what I got:

"Bluetooth MAC address is invalid, please delete the vehicle in vehicle management interface and add it again!"

Now I am not a Bluetooth expert, but my expectation was that there is only ONE unique MAC address that is used for communication by Android AND iPhones. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the developers of the iPhone and Android apps didn't agree upon unified vehicle profiles and so the MAC address in the iPhone app could be saved  in a different format than the MAC address in the Android app...

Now I'll pester another neighbor with an Android phone...