Inmotion App for Android

Unventor

7 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

That's completely irrelevant. SSL or TLS are what's used to connect to web servers. Has got nothing to do with Bluetooth.

So I got this wrong that it does not use this in the" handshake" between devices ?

When testing with different phones at work I got a message that the device was linked to another device and I had to reset that. once done that I could reconnect to it with an iPhone (elder model not fully updated).

To me it looks like it saves a "encrypted" link created between devices. 

Thanks @ir_fuel I guess it just shows my lag of knowledge for App building I guess. 

Edited by Unventor
added thanks ir_fuel (just trying to keep reposting to a minimal)

When I used the Mac address edit function and got the V10F to connect I saw no data being shared on the main Wheel log screen (all zeros for speed, battery, temp, etc) however I did get the Bluetooth connection icon on the Wheel and when I swiped left to right on the Wheel Log screen to get to settings I checked "Wheel Settings" and I did see some data from the wheel settings, although the tilt back speed limit setting was wrong a couple other settings were right like pedal tilt, and speaker volume, the tilt back speed was drifting a bit, not holding steady, so I think it is connecting with Wheel Log using the Mac address hack, however, the V10 data must be different than what the V8 transmits and Wheel Log wasn't reading the V10 data.

20180514_172247.jpg

Screenshot_20180514-172218.png

Edited by Master Blaster
  • Like 1

My Inmotion App just spotted an update. Ver 7.0.1, you can download it from: https://file.imscv.com/app/2018/05/18/inMotion_7.0.1.apk

Well it will still not spot my Inmotion V8 on my Samsung Note 8 with 8.0 Android.

Edited by Unventor

@Unventor hey I have something for you to try. I am having a similar issue with my V10 and the Android app (7.0.1) not seeing the V10........so today I had the V10 on the charger (obviously not turned on, just plugged into the charger) and I was playing around with the Android app and bam there was the V10 in the search function of the app........so I’d be curious is you can connect with your V8 while it’s plugged into the charger?

Of course when I disconnected the V10 and turned it on the InMotion app could no longer see the V10......very weird, eh

• Upvote 1

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 6:40 PM, Unventor said:

My Inmotion App just spotted an update. Ver 7.0.1, you can download it from: https://file.imscv.com/app/2018/05/18/inMotion_7.0.1.apk

Well it will still not spot my Inmotion V8 on my Samsung Note 8 with 8.0 Android.

for those who have problems downloading from the official link, here's apk 7.0.1 in mega.nz.

apk 7.0.1

1 hour ago, WARPed1701D said:

Sloooooooow download. 

Yes..and it still do not fix invisible BT device on Samsung Androids with 8.0.?

Since this isn't fixed I am holding off purchasing a V10F witch otherwise had been my plan once I got hooked on riding. The past few weeks I have been using my V8 instead of my car whenever possible. Even did a night ride home.

@Jeffrey Scott Will and @Bobwheel can Inmotion fix this with Oreo or are we to settle for only using 3party apps? I take it as a big hint that there are no current version in Google play store?

9 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Since this isn't fixed I am holding off purchasing a V10F witch otherwise had been my plan once I got hooked on riding. The past few weeks I have been using my V8 instead of my car whenever possible. Even did a night ride home.

@Jeffrey Scott Will and @Bobwheel can Inmotion fix this with Oreo or are we to settle for only using 3party apps? I take it as a big hint that there are no current version in Google play store?

I actually got it to see my V8 on my Oreo phone. Try uninstalling, downloading the version on Google play and seeing if you can attach that to your. wheel. If so then try upgrading to the new version as one the connection is cached you are good to go. Something along the line of doing this caused my V8 to become visible again. I also got wheellog working again but I doubt that had anything to do with it unless maybe try to connect with the Inmotion app while wheellog is already connected. Maybe it alters something to do with the visibility. 

9 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

I actually got it to see my V8 on my Oreo phone. Try uninstalling, downloading the version on Google play and seeing if you can attach that to your. wheel. If so then try upgrading to the new version as one the connection is cached you are good to go. Something along the line of doing this caused my V8 to become visible again. I also got wheellog working again but I doubt that had anything to do with it unless maybe try to connect with the Inmotion app while wheellog is already connected. Maybe it alters something to do with the visibility. 

Nope simply will not cooperate ?

45 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Nope simply will not cooperate ?

I wish I knew what changed for me for it to suddenly work. Sorry I can't help more although it is my intent to find out why wheellog had the same issue. Maybe that can help Inmotion perform a fix. I still have a hard time blaming Oreo for the problem. 

On 5/27/2018 at 1:22 AM, Unventor said:

Sorry for the Android 8.0, they have suggested you to try use some other phone with a Android version lower than 8.0,  login your ID and connect your wheel and log out, and then go back to your current phone with 8.0, log in and you're supposed to be good at this moment. 

47 minutes ago, Bobwheel said:

Sorry for the Android 8.0, they have suggested you to try use some other phone with a Android version lower than 8.0,  login your ID and connect your wheel and log out, and then go back to your current phone with 8.0, log in and you're supposed to be good at this moment. 

Does something get stored within the wheel? If so what. I'm confused how a connection with a different phone can help here. 

43 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

Does something get stored within the wheel? If so what. I'm confused how a connection with a different phone can help here. 

Once the the wheel is bound with a specific ID, the server will store this message and it'll skip the "Searching" part for this ID afterwards and connect to the bound wheel as default one. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, that0n3guy said:

I just got my V10f today and I can't get 7.0.2 to connect (Android) at all. I can see it, it just says connection failed.

Did you enter a pin ? I think default it is 000000

2 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Did you enter a pin ? I think default it is 000000

I tried that on the version that was in the App Store, but that didn't work. So I updated by downloading the APK from their website, now it doesn't even pop up and ask me. I'll try uninstalling everything and just installing 7.0.2.

I didn't have any problems loading this into my Oreo Samsung S9. The wheel was found without having to do anything with a PIN or ID or a secondary non-Oreo device, I just registered for a new account as I've never owned an InMotion before. Maybe cleaning out the app cache might do the trick?

So here's my main issue with the app.... I understand GPS is necessary for the GPS speed function, but I don't care to have it broadcast on the Social part of the app. When I go to the map view, i hit that little person icon and I see all the other people to include ME who have logged on and the LAST time (i.e.6d ago) they were on. I assume since i was testing it from my house, MY HOUSE would show up also in STREET LEVEL DETAIL on that map long after I turned off the app. Is there a way to NOT broadcast this info or at least have it drop off when I'm not using the app???

Screenshot_20180602-205327_InMotion.jpg

Edited by maltocs
add photo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, that0n3guy said:

Anyone able to get sidelights going?   Mine says transfer failed everytime

as in custom sidelights? I am able to pick from the preset list and also create my own custom and transfer to the V10F from my Galaxy S9. 

1. pick your effect from the list, which is unfortunately in Chinese so I can't read it. 

2. TRANSFER it, it take a few seconds to get the preset effect then transfer it via bluetooth. 

3. Then you APPLY it. 

The next time you try to pick this particular effect, it skips the transfer step as it is save in the wheels memory.

Screenshot_20180603-165228_InMotion.jpg

Screenshot_20180603-165232_InMotion.jpg

Screenshot_20180603-165246_InMotion.jpg

Screenshot_20180603-165259_InMotion.jpg