Any reputable resellers besides ewheels.com?

Joe Holliday

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Unless you buy old stock, there is no more ACMv2. All new ACM's are the ACM2. Talk to the dealer if you have any doubt. But if it's EWheels, rest assured that you're getting the ACM2.

The Tesla is still a fantastic wheel and rides beautifully. I really enjoy the ring lights at dusk/evening. It's probably faster than the ACM due to the different drive electronics and ligher weight. But for the speed that 95% of us ride at, you'll notice no difference.

You have to decide on aesthetics and your desired range. I know, it can be a tough decision. When in doubt, do what I did, and buy both :D 

If I had the budget, I'd gladly buy multiple wheels (Maybe after my next promotion)!  In the meantime, I suppose I have to say I prioritize range over speed.  I doubt I'll be doing much riding past 25mph considering the area I'll be typically using it in (Monterey CA), but I'll definitely be using it for my commute to and from work and prefer not to have to charge it at work.  My V5F+ will make it that distance, but I'll be getting home at about 20-30% battery which doesn't give me much of a buffer in the case of contingencies or diversions.  The trolley concern is more of a convenience, and I can deal with a separate trolley attachment as long as it's not in the style of the one used on the V5F (I hate that thing, feels like I'm walking a dog or something).  I'd rather it be more like a suitcase handle.

1 minute ago, Joe Holliday said:

If I had the budget, I'd gladly buy multiple wheels (Maybe after my next promotion)!  In the meantime, I suppose I have to say I prioritize range over speed.  I doubt I'll be doing much riding past 25mph considering the area I'll be typically using it in (Monterey CA), but I'll definitely be using it for my commute to and from work and prefer not to have to charge it at work.  My V5F+ will make it that distance, but I'll be getting home at about 20-30% battery which doesn't give me much of a buffer in the case of contingencies or diversions.  The trolley concern is more of a convenience, and I can deal with a separate trolley attachment as long as it's not in the style of the one used on the V5F (I hate that thing, feels like I'm walking a dog or something).  I'd rather it be more like a suitcase handle.

As far as budget friendly, powerful long range wheels are concerned...the ACM2 fits the bill perfectly! 1300wh for $1290 from @Jason McNeil at Ewheels.com . This is everything you’ve asked for and some . Plus you said you really like your existing ACM , so you’ll be right at home on it !

Simply the best! 

This is why we rave about you @Jason McNeil to those who are willing (and unwilling) to listen!!!

No other dealer would be this transparent with their customers.

59 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

We had relied on consulting the Delphic Oracle prior to putting in factory orders; to my surprise she's not infallible, her consultancy rates are Olympian, so I might start using maths instead to try to predict demand.  

:lol::lol::lol:

• Ninebot Z, unknown. Might be shipping out during the 1st week of June. We're trying to secure enough for the preorders
  • King Song 18L, unknown. Could be shipping out within a week  either way of the Z

Yes, please! 

Just tell us when, I'm itching to pull those pre-order triggers!

Uncertain Future

• Gotway Tesla. Will there continue to be demand for this model when there's the ACMv2 & V10F? I could be wrong, but the Tesla now sits awkwardly in the center between these 16" models. If you want the maximum power/range the ACMv2 gives you the highest spec on a 16;, if it's the aesthetics & reliability that are the most important, then the V10F will probably be higher demand.

Chicks dig lights and going fast man :efee6b18f3: 

It's been a huge success here in NYC, and out of the random riders I see popping up here these days, it's more likely to be a Gotway Tesla.

Uncertain Future

• KS16S. When the V10/V10F production gets under full-steam, I sense that the KS16S is going suffer most, I could be wrong, but this is my sense. 

I think the KS16 is holding steady because newbies will pre-game heavily, find all the negatives in their research *cough* Gotway issues *cough*, then look up EUC safety reputations and find their way to King Song.

As 16" is the most popular flavor, the only KS + 16 to really buy Is the KS16S (albeit sorely in need of an update).

18 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

As far as budget friendly, powerful long range wheels are concerned...the ACM2 fits the bill perfectly! 1300wh for $1290 from @Jason McNeil at Ewheels.com . This is everything you’ve asked for and some . Plus you said you really like your existing ACM , so you’ll be right at home on it !

I'm not sure how many extra miles an extra 300wh will buy me, but if I go for that model, I'm thinking the 1600wh might be worth the extra couple hundred bucks.  Granted, it the 1300 will get me at least 50+ mile range then I might be better off with that and put those saved dollars towards a trolley attachment and fast charger.

1 hour ago, Jason McNeil said:

This is mainly still from the lingering effects of the month long Chinese New Year; I have one order from Mid-December which has just left Hong Kong.

We had relied on consulting the Delphic Oracle prior to putting in factory orders; to my surprise she's not infallible, her consultancy rates are Olympian, so I might start using maths instead to try to predict demand.  

Current Stock:

• Solowheel G3/Inmotion V8, plentiful. Recently discounted the Wheel to $899 including the protective cover as a bonus 
  • King Song 14S, medium. Expected to sell out within the next 30-45 days
  • King Song 18S, low. Half-a-dozen of the 840Wh types remaining in stock 
  • Gotway MTen3, low. Will be sold-out by the beginning on May
  • Gotway ACMv2, medium. Expected there would be a gravitation towards this model over the Tesla, since you're get quite a bit more bang for your buck

In Transit, Making Landfall 1st of May:

• King Song 16S, low. Predicted that the V10/V10F would make the 16S a hard sell, surprisingly 16S is still shifting well
  • King Song 14D, high. Ordered a lot of these as our 'entry' level Wheel
  • IPS i5, high. These will be available in a couple new color options, updated firmware with higher 23kph top speed

Production Completed, Expected Arrival 2-3rd Week of May:

• Gotway Monster 100V, lowWhen I placed the order there were only 5x Boards available to buy
  • Gotway MSuper 2000W Red/Blue, Medium. New(ish) MSupers in Red & Blue shells, 1600Wh capacity only.
  • Gotway ACMv2 Blue, Medium. Special 'Marty' edition of the ACM in blue, 1600Wh capacity only. 
  • Gotway MCM5, low. Initial test run to get Customer feedback of the new MCM5, highest 650Wh capacity only. 
  • Inmotion V10F, none. All of these initial 30x pcs have been presold. 

In the planning/preparation stage

• Gotway MSuper X, medium. Deposit placed for the initial production run
  • Inmotion V10/V10F, medium-high. Large order placed in the expectation of the seasonal demand surge that's approaching  
  • MTen3, medium. Top up supply going into the spring-summer months.
  • Ninebot Z, unknown. Might be shipping out during the 1st week of June. We're trying to secure enough for the preorders
  • King Song 18L, unknown. Could be shipping out within a week  either way of the Z

Uncertain Future

• Gotway Tesla. Will there continue to be demand for this model when there's the ACMv2 & V10F? I could be wrong, but the Tesla now sits awkwardly in the center between these 16" models. If you want the maximum power/range the ACMv2 gives you the highest spec on a 16;, if it's the aesthetics & reliability that are the most important, then the V10F will probably be higher demand.
  • KS16S. When the V10/V10F production gets under full-steam, I sense that the KS16S is going suffer most, I could be wrong, but this is my sense. 

Other Product: on the Scooter front, we're going to be bringing in the new Dualtron 3 series & Speedway Vs. Also have a pretty cool 15kg/35lb, 20mph folding eBike coming online in the next month. 

What a great answer, so shall it sound. I'm really impressed!
Best regards from Finland
Carl

7 minutes ago, Joe Holliday said:

I'm not sure how many extra miles an extra 300wh will buy me, but if I go for that model, I'm thinking the 1600wh might be worth the extra couple hundred bucks.  Granted, it the 1300 will get me at least 50+ mile range then I might be better off with that and put those saved dollars towards a trolley attachment and fast charger.

Well, my 420wh 14D gave me about 20 miles of fast riding ...so probably 12-15 more than the Tesla . But it’s quite higher than the 16s . Just saying ...if it were me , I’d order from Ewheels . The customer support is by far the best I’ve encountered.!

21 minutes ago, Joe Holliday said:

I own a 1300wh ACM and 1600wh ACM. My riding weight is ~170-pounds. The 1300wh ACM is a solid 45-mile wheel. You'll need wind on your back or very slow speeds to do 50-miles, based on my experience. If I hear someone say 50+ miles, you'll talking 1600wh or more.

If you have the spare change, always go with the higher battery capacity. Unless you're a last-mile rider you'll never regret it. Get the blue ACM2 that @Jason McNeil has coming in :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I own a 1300wh ACM and 1600wh ACM. My riding weight is ~170-pounds. The 1300wh ACM is a solid 45-mile wheel. You'll need wind on your back or very slow speeds to do 50-miles, based on my experience. If I hear someone say 50+ miles, you'll talking 1600wh or more.

If you have the spare change, always go with the higher battery capacity. Unless you're a last-mile rider you'll never regret it. Get the blue ACM2 that @Jason McNeil has coming in :thumbup:

Thanks for the info!  What range do you get on the 1600?  If I opt for that one, I might need to hold off on the fast charger for now but see if the trolley add-on is available (couldn't find it on his site).  As much as a I'd love the blue one, I'm going to have to go with a neutral color like black.  I had a hard enough time talking the Navy installation I work at to allow me to bring a wheel to work, so I think I'd have an even harder time convincing them to allow me to ride on a colorful one (especially if I'm in uniform).

@Jason McNeil - I wonder if it might be prudent to post that list of available wheels on your website so other people don't get the wrong impression.  If someone like Joe Holliday thinks you're sold out, there likely will be others looking for specific wheels and think the same so they might gravitate elsewhere.  A "live" update page of wheels coming in, expected arrival dates, etc might be more inviting for people to make inquiries, place those pre-order holds, and make deposits on wheels. 

8 hours ago, Joe Holliday said:

Thanks for the info!  What range do you get on the 1600?  If I opt for that one, I might need to hold off on the fast charger for now but see if the trolley add-on is available (couldn't find it on his site).  As much as a I'd love the blue one, I'm going to have to go with a neutral color like black.  I had a hard enough time talking the Navy installation I work at to allow me to bring a wheel to work, so I think I'd have an even harder time convincing them to allow me to ride on a colorful one (especially if I'm in uniform).

Checking my log, I only have one long test on the 1600, and that was ~50-miles.

The thing to keep in mind with powerhouse wheels like the 84-volt ACM or MSuper is that they are easy to ride fast. And fast equals lower mileage due to the extra aerodynamic drag from the higher wind speeds. For instance, my 2400wh Monster typically gives me ~65-miles max. Yet once I rode in scenarios that limited my max speed to ~15-mph. My range was 95-miles (<10% battery remaining)!

I'm confident that if you kept your speed under 20-mph you would get 55+ miles on the 1600wh ACM (assuming that you're not a heavy guy). If you ride it hard, you'll get less.

After trying out a friend's KS-18S today, I'm now including that in my list of options. It wasn't quite as nimble as smaller wheels I've tried, but it was very comfortable and felt like it would be good for longer rides (granted, my commute is only about 6 miles each way).  Also liked that it had a BT speaker, which would ge useful for hearing GPS directions.  Only downside I've found so far is bulk and weight.  Looks like Jason has the 840wh version in stick but no 1680wh ones. How much does the additional battery typically cost, and is it fairly easy to put the second battery in without modification to the wheel?  Considering the price difference between the 840 and 1680 ks-18s is about $500, I'd likely willing to get the 840 now and the extra battery later if the battery isn't much more than the $500 difference.  For anyone who has the 840wh ks-18, what range do you typically get?

1 hour ago, Joe Holliday said:

After trying out a friend's KS-18S today, I'm now including that in my list of options. It wasn't quite as nimble as smaller wheels I've tried, but it was very comfortable and felt like it would be good for longer rides (granted, my commute is only about 6 miles each way).  Also liked that it had a BT speaker, which would ge useful for hearing GPS directions.  Only downside I've found so far is bulk and weight.  Looks like Jason has the 840wh version in stick but no 1680wh ones. How much does the additional battery typically cost, and is it fairly easy to put the second battery in without modification to the wheel?  Considering the price difference between the 840 and 1680 ks-18s is about $500, I'd likely willing to get the 840 now and the extra battery later if the battery isn't much more than the $500 difference.  For anyone who has the 840wh ks-18, what range do you typically get?

I've used the Bluetooth on my KS14S to hear GPS directions and it's pretty cool and useful. Strangely, the KS14S (and D I assume) have the best sounding speakers of the bunch. I think the 18S is the worse.

I think the consensus is adding the battery later is more expensive than buying the wheel with the full battery capacity. It's a nice option, but if your intent from the beginning is to have a 1680wh wheel, buy a 1680wh wheel. Otherwise you're going to end up paying a premium.

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I've used the Bluetooth on my KS14S to hear GPS directions and it's pretty cool and useful. Strangely, the KS14S (and D I assume) have the best sounding speakers of the bunch. I think the 18S is the worse.

I think the consensus is adding the battery later is more expensive than buying the wheel with the full battery capacity. It's a nice option, but if your intent from the beginning is to have a 1680wh wheel, buy a 1680wh wheel. Otherwise you're going to end up paying a premium.

Unfortunately it looks like Jason isn't going to be stocking the 1680wh wheel anymore since the 18L is coming out. Also, I'm going to be moving to my next duty station in a month, so I was hoping to get whatever I'm going to be using as my daily commute before I got there since I'll be starting soon after I arrive.  I looked at the 18L, and it looks like it's got a much lower battery size in total.

I'm still considering the ACM2, but I'm a bit worried after seeing your video showing the cables are still just as thin as the original ACM and the nuts inside the pedals being loose.  I know the pedal nuts are an easy fix with locktite, but I want to make sure the gauge of the wires isn't going to be a concern with regards to overheating and melting before choosing this model.  A trolley is also a must for me, so if I get the ACM2 and a trolley attachment, does it just bold on or do I have to drill holes in the body of the ACM to receive it?

4 hours ago, Joe Holliday said:

Unfortunately it looks like Jason isn't going to be stocking the 1680wh wheel anymore since the 18L is coming out. Also, I'm going to be moving to my next duty station in a month, so I was hoping to get whatever I'm going to be using as my daily commute before I got there since I'll be starting soon after I arrive.  I looked at the 18L, and it looks like it's got a much lower battery size in total.

I'm still considering the ACM2, but I'm a bit worried after seeing your video showing the cables are still just as thin as the original ACM and the nuts inside the pedals being loose.  I know the pedal nuts are an easy fix with locktite, but I want to make sure the gauge of the wires isn't going to be a concern with regards to overheating and melting before choosing this model.  A trolley is also a must for me, so if I get the ACM2 and a trolley attachment, does it just bold on or do I have to drill holes in the body of the ACM to receive it?

The ACM2 has a much thicker axle and the motor wires are absolutely of a higher gauge (thicker). It's not a given that the nuts will loosen, but if they do, it's something typically seen after 1000+ miles. It's also usually dependent on the type of riding you do. Will there be lots of jumping or high vibration (rough trails) riding in the next year or so of your usage?

I know it's hard to make up your mind, particularly when you have a deadline hanging over your head. I feel for you :(

Something to consider - most people don't experience problems with their wheels. Here and other places you see the problems that occur because it's human nature to complain when there's a problem. Most people don't write a weekly post saying how great and trouble free their wheel is.

Oh, and regarding the ACM2 trolley handle. It probably is the least impressive mounting solution of any wheel that offers a manufacturers trolley. You must drill six holes (~1/16") in the shell. The trolley handle itself is very high quality and solid, but there is danger of it getting damaged during a bad fall. Don't mount it until you are adept at riding it.

There's no perfect wheel.

Good luck.

P.S.
I never had any axle/nut problems with my first two ACM's, each having over 400-miles before I sold them. My third ACM developed a slight problem after 800-miles of riding which including a lot of jarring trail riding.

On 4/18/2018 at 2:21 PM, Joe Holliday said:

Thank you for your service!

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

The ACM2 has a much thicker axle and the motor wires are absolutely of a higher gauge (thicker). It's not a given that the nuts will loosen, but if they do, it's something typically seen after 1000+ miles. It's also usually dependent on the type of riding you do. Will there be lots of jumping or high vibration (rough trails) riding in the next year or so of your usage?

I know it's hard to make up your mind, particularly when you have a deadline hanging over your head. I feel for you :(

Something to consider - most people don't experience problems with their wheels. Here and other places you see the problems that occur because it's human nature to complain when there's a problem. Most people don't write a weekly post saying how great and trouble free their wheel is.

Oh, and regarding the ACM2 trolley handle. It probably is the least impressive mounting solution of any wheel that offers a manufacturers trolley. You must drill six holes (~1/16") in the shell. The trolley handle itself is very high quality and solid, but there is danger of it getting damaged during a bad fall. Don't mount it until you are adept at riding it.

There's no perfect wheel.

Good luck.

P.S.
I never had any axle/nut problems with my first two ACM's, each having over 400-miles before I sold them. My third ACM developed a slight problem after 800-miles of riding which including a lot of jarring trail riding.

Thanks again for the advice and info so far!  I definitely feel better knowing the ACM2 is improved over the original ACM (I had a chance to look under the hood of an original ACM and wasn't quite satisfied with what I saw).  The trolley situation is a bit of a disappointment, as I'm always concerned that drilling into the body of my wheel could compromise it's structural integrity or create weak points.  Since my options for storage are chaining it to a bike rack or lugging it with me around campus, the trolley is definitely important to me (one of the reasons I looked at the Tesla and the KS-18s for a wheel with speed, range and built in trolley.  Heavily favoring the 18S after trying one out, but it sure is heavy).  I'm not so worried about the trolley itself getting damaged in the event of a crash, but moreso if it's attachment to the wheel can cause further damage to the wheel itself in that scenario. 

Regarding the environment I'll be using it, mostly flat areas in the city.  I'll mostly have it on bike paths and bike lanes in Monterey, CA.  I don't plan on taking it off-road anytime soon.  This will mostly be a commute and occasional shopping wheel, so if it can bear my load (about 185lbs) plus anything I might put in a backpack in a generally flat region without overheating, that would be perfect.  My V5F+ gets me around fine under those constraints, but at a low rate of speed (I hate approaching 15mph on it because fairly heavy tiltback) and a very low range (less than 20 miles typically).

2 hours ago, Joe Holliday said:

Thanks again for the advice and info so far!  I definitely feel better knowing the ACM2 is improved over the original ACM (I had a chance to look under the hood of an original ACM and wasn't quite satisfied with what I saw).  The trolley situation is a bit of a disappointment, as I'm always concerned that drilling into the body of my wheel could compromise it's structural integrity or create weak points.  Since my options for storage are chaining it to a bike rack or lugging it with me around campus, the trolley is definitely important to me (one of the reasons I looked at the Tesla and the KS-18s for a wheel with speed, range and built in trolley.  Heavily favoring the 18S after trying one out, but it sure is heavy).  I'm not so worried about the trolley itself getting damaged in the event of a crash, but moreso if it's attachment to the wheel can cause further damage to the wheel itself in that scenario. 

Regarding the environment I'll be using it, mostly flat areas in the city.  I'll mostly have it on bike paths and bike lanes in Monterey, CA.  I don't plan on taking it off-road anytime soon.  This will mostly be a commute and occasional shopping wheel, so if it can bear my load (about 185lbs) plus anything I might put in a backpack in a generally flat region without overheating, that would be perfect.  My V5F+ gets me around fine under those constraints, but at a low rate of speed (I hate approaching 15mph on it because fairly heavy tiltback) and a very low range (less than 20 miles typically).

Trust me, under the riding conditions that you describe, the ACM will be a dream wheel. Regarding drilling into the shell, these are tiny holes that have zero affect on the integrity of the shell.

On 18.4.2018 at 8:37 PM, Joe Holliday said:

I'm not sure how many extra miles an extra 300wh will buy me, but if I go for that model, I'm thinking the 1600wh might be worth the extra couple hundred bucks.

1 minute ago, Joe Holliday said:

Yes.  I knew if I got the 1300, I'd regret it later on so I went with the larger one! :)

My kind of guy:thumbup:;)

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2018 at 10:10 AM, Jason McNeil said:

This is mainly still from the lingering effects of the month long Chinese New Year; I have one order from Mid-December which has just left Hong Kong.

Current Stock:

• Solowheel G3/Inmotion V8, plentiful. Recently discounted the Wheel to $899 including the protective cover as a bonus 
  • King Song 14S, medium. Expected to sell out within the next 30-45 days
  • King Song 18S, low. Half-a-dozen of the 840Wh types remaining in stock 
  • Gotway MTen3, low. Will be sold-out by the beginning on May
  • Gotway ACMv2, medium. Expected there would be a gravitation towards this model over the Tesla, since you're get quite a bit more bang for your buck

In Transit, Making Landfall 1st of May:

• King Song 16S, low. Predicted that the V10/V10F would make the 16S a hard sell, surprisingly 16S is still shifting well
  • King Song 14D, high. Ordered a lot of these as our 'entry' level Wheel
  • IPS i5, high. These will be available in a couple new color options, updated firmware with higher 23kph top speed

Production Completed, Expected Arrival 2-3rd Week of May:

• Gotway Monster 100V, lowWhen I placed the order there were only 5x Boards available to buy
  • Gotway MSuper 2000W Red/Blue, Medium. New(ish) MSupers in Red & Blue shells, 1600Wh capacity only.
  • Gotway ACMv2 Blue, Medium. Special 'Marty' edition of the ACM in blue, 1600Wh capacity only. 
  • Gotway MCM5, low. Initial test run to get Customer feedback of the new MCM5, highest 650Wh capacity only. 
  • Inmotion V10F, none. All of these initial 30x pcs have been presold. 

In the planning/preparation stage

• Gotway MSuper X, medium. Deposit placed for the initial production run
  • Inmotion V10/V10F, medium-high. Large order placed in the expectation of the seasonal demand surge that's approaching  
  • MTen3, medium. Top up supply going into the spring-summer months.

Uncertain Future

Other Product: on the Scooter front, we're going to be bringing in the new Dualtron 3 series & Speedway Vs. Also have a pretty cool 15kg/35lb, 20mph folding eBike coming online in the next month. 

@Jason McNeil, do you know if Gotway has made any changes to the Mten3 battery pack to preclude the battery tab that joins the two sections from vaporizing  under heavy load? It happened on mine and I believe a few French owners. Presumably others too.

It would be nice to know if Gotway knows about this and has done anything.

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

@Jason McNeil, do you know if Gotway has made any changes to the Mten3 battery pack to preclude the battery tab that joins the two sections from vaporizing  under heavy load? It happened on mine and I believe a few French owners. Presumably others too.

It would be nice to know if Gotway knows about this and has done anything.

Could've sworn I saw on here or FB or somewhere where @Jason McNeil is saying Gotway is doubling up on the nickel spot welding recently for the MTen3 pack, but I'll let Jason chime in, could be remembering that wrong.

FWIW, my 520Wh MTen3 from the 1st batch is still going strong, no issues, and I punch it sometimes when I'm feeling confident and the road isn't sketch. Still don't understand why Gotway is doing battery packs in-house when the rest of the competition outsources their's.

4 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Could've sworn I saw on here or FB or somewhere where @Jason McNeil is saying Gotway is doubling up on the nickel spot welding recently for the MTen3 pack, but I'll let Jason chime in, could be remembering that wrong.

FWIW, my 520Wh MTen3 from the 1st batch is still going strong, no issues, and I punch it sometimes when I'm feeling confident and the road isn't sketch. Still don't understand why Gotway is doing battery packs in-house when the rest of the competition outsources their's.

That's exciting news. I hope it's true. I've been keeping an eye out for any news about the Mten3 but I've never seen anything.

I have about 430-miles on mine. Thought I had a non-repairable flat a couple of weeks ago, but after adding an additional couple of ounces of Slime the tire is holding air again.

Archived