Any reputable resellers besides ewheels.com?

Joe Holliday

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. 

There can only be one. 

- Highlander

Actually there are Gotway America, @myfunwheel (Dion on the West Coast),  @Nevin@Tec-toyz.com  ... used to be OneSeven too (might be defunct)... along with some NYC dealer... can't remember their name.  He posted some early unboxing reviews of a wheel...  @IvSus  EUC.NYC (:rolleyes: No wonder I couldn't remember his username.  IvSus.  Yeah.  Okay.)

If you don't mind ordering from overseas - try Ian Sampson at Speedyfeet UK.

2 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

... along with some NYC dealer... can't remember their name.  He posted some early unboxing reviews of a wheel...

EUC.NYC

@Joe Holliday TBF, a lot of the smaller guys don’t have stock either, unless it’s clearly written “In stock”.

Many will just be ordering from the manufacturer when you put the order in, (something you can do yourself) leaving you waiting  a minimum of 2 weeks, most times over a month, so be aware.

1 minute ago, houseofjob said:

EUC.NYC

@Joe Holliday TBF, a lot of the smaller guys don’t have stock either, unless it’s clearly written “In stock”.

Many will just be ordering from the manufacturer when you put the order in, (something you can do yourself) leaving you waiting  a minimum of 2 weeks, most times over a month, so be aware.

That's good to know.  Unfortunately, I'm going to be moving within the next month about 3200 miles from where I live now.  I was hoping to order my next wheel and get it prior to the move, but if it takes that long then there's not guarantee I would receive it before leaving.

1 minute ago, steve454 said:

http://www.ninebotus.com/one-z-series/ but they are only able to put you on a notification list.  Not released yet.

Probably your best bet is order thru ewheels and you will get what you want in 1-2 months.

I move next month and won't have a permanent address that can be delivered to after that for a bit.  I was hoping to get something before I leave my current address.

43 minutes ago, Joe Holliday said:

Are there any other reputable resellers in the US besides ewheels.com for the big name brands of EUCs?  The ewheels website is quite literally out of stock on almost every wheel they sell for some reason.

What wheel is it that you want in particular ?

1 minute ago, Scott Henley said:

What wheel is it that you want in particular ?

I was looking at either a KS-16S, KS-18S (1680wh only), or Gotway Tesla (as long as it's build quality/reliability is improved over the ACM).  I also considered a V10F (currently have a V5F+ but want a bigger wheel, higher top speed and longer range), but it looks like I'd be waiting a while for that one.

3 minutes ago, Joe Holliday said:

I was looking at either a KS-16S, KS-18S (1680wh only), or Gotway Tesla (as long as it's build quality/reliability is improved over the ACM).  I also considered a V10F (currently have a V5F+ but want a bigger wheel, higher top speed and longer range), but it looks like I'd be waiting a while for that one.

Looks like @Nevin@Tec-toyz.com Has the 16s in stock . 

Acm2 that Ewheels has is a whole new ACM . It’s got the Tesla motor and a larger axle . It’s not comparable to the older ACM’s.

2 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

Looks like @Nevin@Tec-toyz.com Has the 16s in stock . 

You're right! (didn't notice that one when I went to that site earlier) That's good to know.  So looks like my choices are 16s from tec-toys and 18s or Tesla from euc.nyc!  Now comes the hard part: making a choice!  Thanks for the alt site options, everyone! :)

2 hours ago, Joe Holliday said:

I move next month and won't have a permanent address that can be delivered to after that for a bit.  I was hoping to get something before I leave my current address.

I feel your frustration with the out of stock wheels. I don't want to be forced into the "new" ACM. 

You could always receive your wheel at a USPS office that handles "General Delivery". Call them to see where there is one in your area. Good luck.

18 hours ago, Joe Holliday said:

Are there any other reputable resellers in the US besides ewheels.com for the big name brands of EUCs?  The ewheels website is quite literally out of stock on almost every wheel they sell for some reason.

This is mainly still from the lingering effects of the month long Chinese New Year; I have one order from Mid-December which has just left Hong Kong.

We had relied on consulting the Delphic Oracle prior to putting in factory orders; to my surprise she's not infallible, her consultancy rates are Olympian, so I might start using maths instead to try to predict demand.  

Current Stock:

• Solowheel G3/Inmotion V8, plentiful. Recently discounted the Wheel to $899 including the protective cover as a bonus 
  • King Song 14S, medium. Expected to sell out within the next 30-45 days
  • King Song 18S, low. Half-a-dozen of the 840Wh types remaining in stock 
  • Gotway MTen3, low. Will be sold-out by the beginning on May
  • Gotway ACMv2, medium. Expected there would be a gravitation towards this model over the Tesla, since you're get quite a bit more bang for your buck

In Transit, Making Landfall 1st of May:

• King Song 16S, low. Predicted that the V10/V10F would make the 16S a hard sell, surprisingly 16S is still shifting well
  • King Song 14D, high. Ordered a lot of these as our 'entry' level Wheel
  • IPS i5, high. These will be available in a couple new color options, updated firmware with higher 23kph top speed

Production Completed, Expected Arrival 2-3rd Week of May:

• Gotway Monster 100V, lowWhen I placed the order there were only 5x Boards available to buy
  • Gotway MSuper 2000W Red/Blue, Medium. New(ish) MSupers in Red & Blue shells, 1600Wh capacity only.
  • Gotway ACMv2 Blue, Medium. Special 'Marty' edition of the ACM in blue, 1600Wh capacity only. 
  • Gotway MCM5, low. Initial test run to get Customer feedback of the new MCM5, highest 650Wh capacity only. 
  • Inmotion V10F, none. All of these initial 30x pcs have been presold. 

In the planning/preparation stage

• Gotway MSuper X, medium. Deposit placed for the initial production run
  • Inmotion V10/V10F, medium-high. Large order placed in the expectation of the seasonal demand surge that's approaching  
  • MTen3, medium. Top up supply going into the spring-summer months.
  • Ninebot Z, unknown. Might be shipping out during the 1st week of June. We're trying to secure enough for the preorders
  • King Song 18L, unknown. Could be shipping out within a week  either way of the Z

Uncertain Future

• Gotway Tesla. Will there continue to be demand for this model when there's the ACMv2 & V10F? I could be wrong, but the Tesla now sits awkwardly in the center between these 16" models. If you want the maximum power/range the ACMv2 gives you the highest spec on a 16;, if it's the aesthetics & reliability that are the most important, then the V10F will probably be higher demand.
  • KS16S. When the V10/V10F production gets under full-steam, I sense that the KS16S is going suffer most, I could be wrong, but this is my sense. 

Other Product: on the Scooter front, we're going to be bringing in the new Dualtron 3 series & Speedway Vs. Also have a pretty cool 15kg/35lb, 20mph folding eBike coming online in the next month. 

7 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

so I'll might start using maths instead to try to predict demand.  

I predict you and your company will aways be in demand!

10 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

This is mainly still from the lingering effects of the month long Chinese New Year; I have one order from Mid-December which has just left Hong Kong.

We had relied on consulting the Delphic Oracle prior to putting in factory orders; to my surprise she's not infallible, her consultancy rates are Olympian, so I might start using maths instead to try to predict demand.  

Current Stock:

• Solowheel G3/Inmotion V8, plentiful. Recently discounted the Wheel to $899 including the protective cover as a bonus 
  • Gotway ACMv2, medium. Expected there would be a gravitation towards this model over the Tesla, since you're get quite a bit more bang for your buck

• King Song 16S, low. Predicted that the V10/V10F would make the 16S a hard sell, surprisingly 16S is still shifting well
  • IPS i5, high. These will be available in a couple new color options, updated firmware with higher 23kph top speed

• Gotway Monster 100V, lowWhen I placed the order there were only 5x Boards available to buy
  • Gotway MSuper 2000W Red/Blue, Medium. New(ish) MSupers in Red & Blue shells, 1600Wh capacity only.
  • Gotway ACMv2 Blue, Medium. Special 'Marty' edition of the ACM in blue, 1600Wh capacity only. 
  • Gotway MCM5, low. Initial test run to get Customer feedback of the new MCM5, highest 650Wh capacity only. 

• Inmotion V10/V10F, medium-high. Large order placed in the expectation of the seasonal demand surge that's approaching  
  • Ninebot Z, unknown. Might be shipping out during the 1st week of June. We're trying to secure enough for the preorders
  • King Song 18L, unknown. Could be shipping out within a week  either way of the Z

Uncertain Future

• Gotway Tesla. Will there continue to be demand for this model when there's the ACMv2 & V10F? I could be wrong, but the Tesla now sits awkwardly in the center between these 16" models. If you want the maximum power/range the ACMv2 gives you the highest spec on a 16;, if it's the aesthetics & reliability that are the most important, then the V10F will probably be higher demand.
  • KS16S. When the V10/V10F production gets under full-steam, I sense that the KS16S is going suffer most, I could be wrong, but this is my sense. 

Other Product: on the Scooter front, we're going to be bringing in the new Dualtron 3 series & Speedway Vs. Also have a pretty cool 15kg/35lb, 20mph folding eBike coming online in the next month. 

Thanks for the response!  My concern with the ACMv2 is the lack of a trolley system and uncertainty regarding reliability.  I've had a look under the hood of a couple older Gotway models, and while I hear they have increased in quality, I'm still a bit weary.  Is the ACMv2 newer / as or reliable than the Tesla?  Does it have an attachable trolley/handle?  If so, that model may be in my list of options as well.

Thanks!

Joe

I have never seen a posting like that Jason from any dealer selling anything! It let's me know exactly where things stand and allows me to decide my next purchase knowing the likely delivery parameters. Bravo! If I buy a wheel it will be from you, even if I could get it sooner somewhere else. 

The Tesla is an excellent wheel.  It weighs less than 19 kilograms and can out accelerate an ACMV2.  If you ride sensibly you shouldn't  have a problem with the wheel at all.

17 minutes ago, Joe Holliday said:

Thanks for the response!  My concern with the ACMv2 is the lack of a trolley system and uncertainty regarding reliability.  I've had a look under the hood of a couple older Gotway models, and while I hear they have increased in quality, I'm still a bit weary.  Is the ACMv2 newer / as or reliable than the Tesla?  Does it have an attachable trolley/handle?  If so, that model may be in my list of options as well.

Thanks!

Joe

Here's my 2-cents. I think the ACM2 is a very mature wheel. It's heritage is going on 2-years now with continual improvements. The latest edition is absolutely superb in power, handling, and robustness.  BTW, the ACM2 motor is what's in the Tesla, new MSuper, and I believe the MSuper X.

Although the ACM trolley handle is external (like the upcoming Z10 and V10), it's a very nice trolley. I don't know if EWheels supplies it with the wheel or an extra, but you definitely want it.

There may be more refined 16-inch wheels (KS16, V10, Tesla), but there's only one powerhouse 16-inch wheel, and that's the ACM2. It's my all-around favorite wheel.

Buy the wheel you want, not the one that happens to be available.

Pretty sure the ACM2 is reliable. Have you seen what Marty has put his two through?

Also, since it has the Tesla motor, the only difference would be form factor and 300Wh of battery weight (<2kg), so not sure if the Tesla out-accelerates it.

13 minutes ago, Edddeus said:

The Tesla is an excellent wheel.  It weighs less than 19 kilograms and can out accelerate an ACMV2.  If you ride senensibly you shouldn't  have a problem with the wheel at all.

I got the impression from Jason's post that the ACMv2 is more desirable than the Tesla.  I took a look at it on the website, and on paper it does seem to outspec it in a few areas and has the Tesla engine.  What confuses me is in these forums, people mention that the ACMv2 is an older model and the actual new ACM is the ACM2, but some people are calling the ACM2 the ACMv2.  I'm confused as to what is what anymore with regards to Gotway's newest wheels (reminds me of how I felt when I was younger and FF2 and 3 on SNES turned out to be FF4 and 6 :huh:).

I suspect that's because Gotway has no official name for it.

• There was the ACM at the beginning.
  • Then there was the ACM V2 where V2 indicated 12 mosfets instead of 6. Only the very first 67.2V ACMs had 6 mosfets, so basically every ACM and definitely every 84V ACM is a V2.
  • Then there's the Tesla-ized ACM (1900W motor, board etc). First seen on Speedyfeet (I believe) where it's called ACM2. Some dealers call it ACM V2 instead.
  • For fun, a German dealer calls the Tesla the ACM3. Figure that out:efeebb3acc:

39 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Current Stock:

Uncertain Future

This is what I love about EWheels (among other things). Jason lays it all out there for us to plan around. Fantastic post.

It's nice to see more blue ACM2's arriving. This color really is nice - there's a richness to it that you'll appreciate in person.

44 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Great info, thanks Jason! Above and beyond, as always.

Any update on the IPS S5, or is that model a bit too far down the proverbial road?

44 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

The 16S has a quite good price, great looks and that neat 2-in-1 handle, and a unique width - neither wide like the Gotways or really narrow like the V8/maybe the V10. And good reputation for quality, safety etc.

Also, as Marty said, for a busy guy your posting discipline here is exemplary!:thumbup:

7 minutes ago, Joe Holliday said:

I got the impression from Jason's post that the ACMv2 is more desirable than the Tesla.  I took a look at it on the website, and on paper it does seem to outspec it in a few areas and has the Tesla engine.  What confuses me is in these forums, people mention that the ACMv2 is an older model and the actual new ACM is the ACM2, but some people are calling the ACM2 the ACMv2.  I'm confused as to what is what anymore with regards to Gotway's newest wheels (reminds me of how I felt when I was younger and FF2 and 3 on SNES turned out to be FF4 and 6 :huh:).

Unless you buy old stock, there is no more ACMv2. All new ACM's are the ACM2. Talk to the dealer if you have any doubt. But if it's EWheels, rest assured that you're getting the ACM2.

The Tesla is still a fantastic wheel and rides beautifully. I really enjoy the ring lights at dusk/evening. It's probably faster than the ACM due to the different drive electronics and ligher weight. But for the speed that 95% of us ride at, you'll notice no difference.

You have to decide on aesthetics and your desired range. I know, it can be a tough decision. When in doubt, do what I did, and buy both :D 

Archived