Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'hydrogen fluoriode gas'.
Found 1 result
Dear All EUCers, This is my first post on the forum but hope this helps as a warning to all EUC riders, especially to those who purchased E+ in or before 2015 through a reseller, because apparently Segway will not care or investigate further into the case if it's not bought directly through them. Also, simply because Ninebot product lines have obtained UL2272 certification, this does not guarantee that it will not explode. I have been writing the similar content over and over, this time I will copy and paste what I sent to Segway last Wednesday (minor edits due to Personally Identifiable Information) to save some time... Thank you, Andy https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HZY4f_JJRP7TIymvoEtlwnwjcESeQbi_ ------- ------- Dear Segway, This is my second attempt to reach out to you. Hope you can respond as soon as possible. Below is the original text I submitted on Sunday through your technical support page. Please read and respond as soon as you can (screenshot of pictures below). Hope to hear from you soon, Andy -- Hi, I have been riding Ninebot One E+ to work everyday on it for the past 3.5 years in San Francisco Bay Area, and even take it to nearby beaches such as Half Moon Bay, Monterey or Big Sur when it's sunny here in Northern California. Today has been a very traumatizing and sad day for me as I lost my beloved 3 year old Ninebot One E+. Ninebot One was more than a leisurely device, but a major companion allowing me to live a smaller carbon footprint (don't have a car) lifestyle, my main mode of transportation and identity among my family, friends and neighbors. When it suddenly exploded and burnt in a vicious fire during non-energized state, I was luckily to be more than 5 feet away from it. I was extremely lucky and no one was hurt. This could have been much, much worse. I could have lost my right leg, I could have died or the entire apartment could have burnt down causing even more casualties. Please read on. It was a typical weekend--sleeping in and getting up pretty late. At around 11 AM, I took shower and had a breakfast. At around 11:45, I started hearing popping noise. Thinking it was coming from outside, I opened the door and saw but there was nothing. A few more minutes later, another pop. Then every minute or two, I started hearing the noise at a regular cadence. Then, my sensors became much more sensitive and started smelling something acrid. This is when I realized the sound--and potentially the smell too--was coming from my beloved 3 year long friend. My instinct now as sharp as blade, I knew I needed to do so something. 12:01PM (film available) 1) Before making any action, I felt strong need to document every single detail. I filmed 36-second long video to capture one more "pop" sound. 2) Being super safe, I first went to the power strip and turned it off, 3) then unplugged the cord from the power strip, 4) and then unplugged from the unit. ~12:03PM 5) I raised the handle bar and tried to grab it from the end of the handle bar as usual, but I didn't. 6) Instead, I grabbed the center of the handle and supported with my left hand under the foot pedal so I don't accidentally agitate the unit too much and trigger it to explode. (VERY RISKY) 7) (STILL FEELING VERY RISKY) I took it outside and leaned it against the immediate exterior wall I was able to get access to. ~12:05PM 8) then I started thinking about what to do (take it in? repair myself? don't ride and let it sit for a few days? disassemble and recycle properly? ~12:09PM 9) before I finished my thoughts--and my front door still wide open, I heard a bam and a small fire. Then one or two more KABOOMs with much larger fire, creating fizzing sound and burning everything the battery was wrapped in violently. This lasted for a minute. 12:10PM (photo available) 10) when the fire was weakening, the property manager luckily was outside and who saw this happening ran towards me to aid and grabbed the fire extinguisher. I knew I had to document this. I am thankful that there was no bodily injury to anyone involved in this incident; however, I'm still scared and extremely frustrated due to the life-threatening and traumatizing experience. Also, because of inhalation of toxic fluoride gases from burning Li-ion batteries, I am in distress and deeply concerned about my health. https://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/MMG/MMG.asp?id=1142&tid=250 For that reason, I am having to evacuate the unit and arrange temporary stay which is costly and inconvenient. Please give me a call at 510 634 9390 ASAP. I would like to share more in detail and discuss further. Thank you, Andy one more image