All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Anyways i got that baseball cap and it's "protrudes" will protect me way, way better than any bicykle helmet. No joking here - it's my daily driver. As for winter it's warm beanie.
  3. nah, 12 from the past, 14 from today. When will then be now? Soon 😂
  4. Suggestion by @atdlzpae to try laying face down (with peak of helmet supporting weight of head - neck obviously straight, chin tucked in) is all very well until you introduce motion and fearful reaction. To suggest that the outcome of his/her particular accident would be the same if repeated multiple times, is very misleading. Funky is right IMO. In the video below, this was not even an instantaneous 'cutout'. Watch the angle of her neck just before impact. Tell me a few cm of 'peak' on a helmet would have saved her from impacting her chin. The point being made by @Robse and @Funky is that a full face helmet will give facial protection that an open face helmet simply will not.
  5. Interesting to see two shocks on each side, with the battery pack in between. I hope this construction won't be prone to failure/getting stuck. Looks to have great ground clearance with nothing under the pedals to get stuck on something. Cool.
  6. Yes there's was nothing to do at all. "Somethings off" -> face plant in a second it felt like. Just enough time to think it feels weird and then you're tossed.
  7. Not my personal taste in machine, though a 4 stanchion design is unique to say the least. But they really need to figure out one pedal design for all their wheels at this point. 3 new wheels with 3 different hangers is just insane.
  8. I merged your two topics, I hope that's ok for you (if not please complain). Only 3 minutes difference between posting!
  9. For anybody reading, most of this thread is 5 years old, just fyi
  10. I remember how i hit the ground. My legs scraped the ground, followed by my fat belly hitting the ground, followed by my hands and then my chin. I flew 2 meters before landing (yes i literally flew.. before landing.) I was riding in very loose sand and wheel turned 90 degree on me and i flew over it. Everyone has their own story.. This was mine and my experience. Yes i admit bicykle helmet may work. But full face helmet is way better and you can't argue about that at all. And i admit i'm riding without any at all.. Because on my daily commuted only time i'm gonna fall - is when EUC stops working.. That before mentioned fall was when i was riding at so called fun rides and in very loose sand - i even knew i gonna fall that day. And i was right. (Because how sketchy is riding in 2/3 finger deep, loose, beach like sand.)
  11. Seems they already took the pictures down from FB after few minutes now....leaked to early
  12. Today
  13. New wheel Alert⚠️🚨 King Song F22 152V 20" 2700wh 50S and Smart BMS. Targeting a 40kg weight. Lynx territory right here.
  14. @Funky 1. A full-face helmet adds a few cm to the bulk of your chin. So you can't say "my helmet is scraped, therefore I would be hit on a chin in a bicycle helmet". In my dislocated shoulder faceplant I also would've scraped my chin-guard in a full-face, just because of those few additional cm. And yet, I didn't. 2. Dislocated shoulder faceplant was exactly forwards. My chin would've hit the ground first, along with nose. But it was protected by a non-full-face helmet. This is what I wrote at that time: It was 4.5 years ago already. How the time flies.
  15. So, what you guys think, April 1st is long gone so i assume its a real thing? If they get the Best of the S22 and the Lynx together then this would be real epic Seen on Oneride.eu first
  16. Your weight is the first question.. Then the question is - do you like to ride on solid tire, where it feels like riding on "knife edge". Or do you like ride on soft marshmallow? Where most road bumps and what not will not be so harsh.. The PSI question is very hard to answer. As it's one of life's mysteries. And only you can answer that question. I'm 280lbs and ride 30psi on different wheel.. (Also add tire slime, even little bit - and you will not need to refill the PSI anymore at all. Before slime i could pump my tire every week. Now maybe once a month, or in two months.)
  17. I just imagine that most would hit their chin first in straight out cut-out. Bicykle helmets the chin part is not protected - that's why i meant it's like riding without any.. Sure if you fall side ways or any part aside of CHIN - then it will protect you. Also you need to look flat on the ground when falling to that "protrudes" to work. I once fell and i was looking forwards - my chin hit the ground first. (Luckily i had full face helmet then. Bicykle helmet would have not worked at all.)
  18. Fox Metah. Look how much that protrudes! It will definitely absorb a ton of energy before the chin hits the ground.
  19. i agree on that 🙂, my point is to go all in and use a full face helmet to get the best protection instead of saving some peanuts and riding along wearing a half bucket and thinking all is good 🤗
  20. I agree that unjust discrimination is bad. I simply fail to see discrimination in a word which means "cheap stuff from China". I never saw it used towards a person, only towards inanimate objects. The best analogy I can think of is Github, which ditched "master" as the default branch name in favor of "main". It never was about "master branch" and a "slave branch", it was based on a "master recording" from CD industry. So again, similarly misguided. I find both of these examples arbitrary. And I simply fail to see discrimination in both of them.
  21. I included an interview with Eric Berg's son. Eric Berg is a Scientologist and not a good person. I find his videos a very low-effort "let's google a topic on the internet" just to churn a video per day, not speaking from experience. I am on a low-carb diet myself, I find that it does wonders. Meat-heavy low-carb is definitely our (human) natural way of eating, not the crap official guidelines are pushing on us and our kids. But there are far better people to follow than Eric Berg, both in terms of merit and moral character.
  22. While a good full-face helmet definitely improves safety, I don't think that the matter can be boiled down to a simple "full face or no face." A few years ago I had a cutout while riding at about 25 km/h. The cause of the cutout is unknown, although I suspect that the GPS/GSM tracker I was testing at the time and that was installed inside the wheel, interfered with a motherboard operation causing the wheel to cutout. I was wearing a Fox Metah helmet, which is an open face enduro helmet. I don't remember the moment of the accident, as I suffered a concussion being a result of the fall. First thing I recall was me lying on the road. But most importantly, upon inspection of myself and the helmet, it turned out that I hit the ground with my left shoulder and the left side of my head. My face or head was intact. But a stone dented into my helmet slightly above my left ear let me know that if I hadn't had a helmet at all, I would now be buried six feet under ground. Therefore, I will not agree with statement that wearing a bicycle helmet is like wearing no helmet at all. Also I don't agree with the statement that every cutout means hitting the ground with your face.
  23. This is not true. I can speak from experience - my chin/teeth/nose got saved by a bicycle helmet during one of my faceplants. In fact, not only a "bicycle helmet", but a $15 bicycle helmet. How? Simple - the helmet sticks a few cm off from the forehead and thus stopped my nose & chin from hitting the concrete harder than it should've. I only got a bruise instead of a much worse outcome. Try an experiment yourself. Lie face-down on the floor with a helmet on. It's obvious it makes it harder to damage your face. By making your forehead longer. I'm not arguing against full-face helmets, they are fine. Full face > bicycle > nothing. I'm simply pointing out that "bicycle helmet = nothing" is very incorrect.
  24. What is the most comfortable tire pressure for this wheel? I've ben pushing 36-37 psi to my 16S and it was reminding me to refill by changing its behavior around 32 psi. What's its equivalent to S16 Pro?
  1. Load more activity