Marty Backe

Top Members +
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Marty Backe last won the day on March 15

Marty Backe had the most liked content!

Profile Information

• EUC
    67-volt Mten3, 84-volt Mten3, Mten4, S22, Sherman, Sherman Max, Commander Pro, Commander Mini, Master, Master Pro, EX30, Lynx

Recent Profile Visitors

22,112 profile views

Marty Backe's Achievements

Grand Master

Grand Master (14/14)

• Dedicated
  • Very Popular Rare
  • Reacting Well
  • First Post
  • Collaborator

Recent Badges

1. Are you using an air compressor? If you've lost the rim seal (which it sounds like you did) you'll need something that can put A LOT of air in the tire quickly. It's extremely difficult to accomplish this with a hand pump.
  2. That's one of the reasons I'm not much interested in this competition. The real competition will be about which wheel modification is best instead of rider stamina and strategy. It's an equipment challenge not a rider challenge
  3. The EUC World Tour always records the GPS miles. The EUC World distance shown in the main display is always your Wheel miles. Wheel miles are typically wrong by ~5 to 10 percent depending on the wheel. You can swipe-up on the main display to see the GPS miles at any time.
  4. I've been using Slime in ALL my wheels (over 45) for the last ~8-years. It has saved me many a flats and I see no downside. Probably not as important if getting a flat has no bad consequences but I'm often riding many miles from civilization where getting a flat would really ruin my day.
  5. Nice. I only have this mod on my Master Pro so I can get the most out of it. I also have modded firmware that let's me ride down to 2.9-volts (only needed a couple of times - but it's nice to have just-in-case) which will cause the BMS alarms to trigger. Without this bypass, the BMS alarm trigger would prevent me from charging the battery pack. So yes, this mod does disable the ability of the BMS to disable charging. Roger (and others) also usually remove/change the fuse to allow charging at much higher levels I've tagged @roghaj for you
  6. Go for it. There have been plenty of people modding those wheels with external battery packs
  7. I think the vast majority of power banks that people use are substantially smaller, like 10 to 20 wh of capacity. The odds are in your favor that this wouldn't result in a catastrophic plane fire. I'm not a fan of bigger devices on planes. I value life
  8. Regardless of battery size EUC's will never be allowed on a plane (and I don't want to be in any plane that allows them). The Mini was made for the user that wants an ultra compact wheel, and maybe for children although surprisingly these small wheels can be difficult to ride in the beginning.
  9. I don't ride at those speeds. But be aware that anyone can get "death wobbles" on any wheel. If you ride long enough it will happen to you and they have occurred with the best of riders. To blame the wheel is silly.