Life Is Good When All Your Wheels Are Working

Marty Backe

I thought that my Mten3 had a non-repairable flat because I refilled the tire two times and it went flat within 30-minutes both times. I had slime'd it when the wheel was new (400-miles ago). I thought, "what the hell", and put 3-ounces of fresh Slime in the tire. Voila! No more flat. It's been holding fine after another 20-miles.

My KS14S was inoperable for a few wheels, and I've been working on getting my original 84-volt ACM (the copper one below) back together since January.

So right now, today, all of my wheels are working and I'm one happy guy :D

On a side note, as I asked my wife to take this picture, with a puzzled expression on her face she said, "I didn't know you had so many wheels". Maybe taking this picture was a bad idea. And she doesn't know that three more wheels are arriving :cry2:  I need to be my coy like @Rehab1 with his wife.

IMG_20180415_184734604_HDR

1 minute ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

We at "Wheel's Anonymous" are always here for you, man.  :innocent1:

On a side note - where's the video documentary for the fancy oak wheel shelf that you are building to park all those wheels? :w00t2:

Yeah, I still need to work on my storage solution. But if I keep them all spread out my wife is less likely to notice how many I have. I'm sticking with disorganization :)

Ah :huh: I think the cat was let out of the bag when you asked "Honey, can you take a quick photo for meeee?"   Maybe small storage shelves or cabinets in groups of four might be more manageable and would spread out the demand load on circuits if they were placed in different areas.  :efefd0f676:  And also confuse the ladies as to how many wheels you actually own.  Cabinet doors labelled "SPROCKETS" and "DOODADS" may also be helpful.  :whistling:

What ever happened to @captainwells?   We don't see him joining any group rides lately? 

Just now, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Ah :huh: I think the cat was let out of the bag when you asked "Honey, can you take a quick photo for meeee?"   Maybe small storage shelves or cabinets in groups of four might be more manageable and would spread out the demand load on circuits if they were placed in different areas.  :efefd0f676:

What ever happened to @captainwells?   We don't see him joining any group rides lately? 

Thanks for your ever helpful suggestions @Hunka Hunka Burning Love :)

I think he's sailing the Caribbean (his second home is his boat).

12 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Yeah, I still need to work on my storage solution. But if I keep them all spread out my wife is less likely to notice how many I have. I'm sticking with disorganization :)

I have some ideas for a storage solution. ;)

52 minutes ago, Duf said:

I have some ideas for a storage solution. ;)

Yeah, I know :)  However, I'm a woodworker so I prefer wood based solutions.

18 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

My KS14S was inoperable for a few wheels, and I've been working on...

LOL, "wheels" is apparently the new way to measure time. How many days has a wheel? :ph34r:

On 4/16/2018 at 12:01 PM, Marty Backe said:

Yeah, I know :)  However, I'm a woodworker so I prefer wood based solutions.

I have yet another answer, woodgrain plastic, it's a real thing . :)

3 minutes ago, Duf said:

I have yet another answer, woodgrain plastic, it's a real thing . :)

:lol:

On 4/15/2018 at 8:46 PM, Marty Backe said:

This is one place your Gotway fanboy status probably pays off! As she walks from room to room.. since nearly every wheel says Gotway, she probably just thinks “déjà vu” a lot. ???

On 4/15/2018 at 10:37 PM, Marty Backe said:

On a side note, as I asked my wife to take this picture, with a puzzled expression on her face she said, "I didn't know you had so many wheels". Maybe taking this picture was a bad idea. And she doesn't know that three more wheels are arriving :cry2:  I need to be my coy like @Rehab1 with his wife.

Your wife took that photo? Does she have a sister?;)

On 4/15/2018 at 11:17 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Ah :huh: I think the cat was let out of the bag when you asked "Honey, can you take a quick photo for meeee?"   Maybe small storage shelves or cabinets in groups of four might be more manageable and would spread out the demand load on circuits if they were placed in different areas.  :efefd0f676:  

39802349900_2c64e10531_b.jpg

7 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Your wife took that photo? Does she have a sister?;)

39802349900_2c64e10531_b.jpg

:roflmao:Oh God, that picture killed me!

Archived