Need Examples of U.S. Legislation for EUC’s

fryman

If anyone can send me links to legislation that has been passed in your state, city or county in the United States that allows EUC’s to ride on Hiking & Bike Trails; it would be greatly appreciated.

They are not allowed in my county and I need examples of other’s that are making it work.

Thanks

The District of Columbia, which is some kind of territory of the United States, has relevant law and regulations that you may read online.  Searching without skill, we can find some provisions:

Operation of a "personal mobility device" is addressed by chapter "18-12" of the DC Municipal Regulations. https://www.dcregs.dc.gov/Common/DCMR/RuleList.aspx?ChapterNum=18-12

The DC Code defines "personal mobility device" in a way that appears to embrace electric unicycles. https://code.dccouncil.us/dc/council/code/sections/50-2201.02.html (The cumbersome wording embeds part of an earlier definition of "electric personal assistive mobility device", with a result that falls well short of poetry.)

On 4/15/2018 at 4:16 PM, fryman said:

If anyone can send me links to legislation that has been passed in your state, city or county in the United States that allows EUC’s to ride on Hiking & Bike Trails; it would be greatly appreciated.

They are not allowed in my county and I need examples of other’s that are making it work.

Thanks

I have a link on here somewhere..

In Arizona we had the law changed to specifically include one wheeled EPAMDs. I have a whole thread on the process. Here's a link to a post which had a link to the bill. There's also a link to where I have testimony to the Arizona House transportation committee. My testimony in front of the Senate committee is also available in the Arizona legislature online archives if you are interested. You can look it up but bill number, SB 1017, from the 2017 legislative session. The law does not specifically address hiking and bike trails, but it can give you an idea of how to approach definitions, and the testimony can give you some talking points.

Archived