Can we say that the car tesla is related to the principal the governs unicycles?

Is it wrong to say that a Tesla car pretty much uses about four complex electric Unicycles to make it a car what size all the computers and the chat that makes it be autonomous and stuff like that but it’s principle is the same as that of the electric unicycle when we are riding Tesla cars being for Unicycles that are writing the wheels on the car, Of course Tesla cars have cameras in brains and stuff like that but the principles on the wheels are basically Eletric Unicycle’s are making it go from 80 to be strong one is more complex ones but they are Eletric Unicycle’s is the same kind a process that goes on on those wheels as as it is on our Eletric Unicycle’s?

Your time is much appreciated in answering this question because I’m very confused about it, Or would you go ask just say that there is no connection between the Tesla cars and Eletric Unicycle’s at all nobody uses the same principles what will it be? Thank you so much for your time

No connection, all in common is they're both electric vehicles (driven by electric motor(s)) and the power comes from a battery (as opposed to a generator, for example).

EUCs are self-balancing, cars are not. What defines a self-balancing vehicle is that it constantly measures its tilt (car does not) and corrects accordingly (car does not) to stay upright. Segways, EUCs, Hoverboards (which are indeed 2 EUCs connected by a bridge with a rotation point) are self-balancing. Other electric vehicles like cars, scooters, wheelchairs aren't. A Tesla car won't fall over if you switch it off:efee47c9c8:

The regenerative braking process would be somewhat different between a Tesla car and an EUC too, wouldn’t it?  It’s an area I am a little foggy on so please correct me if I am wrong, but when we decelerate on a one-wheeled EUC we are using up battery and motor power to decelerate. Isn’t the only time we are accomplishing any regenerative “charging” is when the wheel is in a state where we aren’t accelerating or decelerating, but in essence free wheeling, not asking for power from the motor? Whereas in an electric car they are regenerative charging while under braking.........am I on track here at all?  I’ve been trying to wrap my head around the re-gen process on an EUC because I know we are using motor and battery to decelerate unlike an electric car. ?????

Should be the same for all electric motors, except that electric cars have actual brakes while EUCs by principle cannot and must use the motor to brake. So if braking needs power (the details are really tricky, but I guess in general it does need power), electric cars can save that power AND use the fact that the motor still spins for generating extra power.

Both types of vehicles will recharge going down a hill without braking.

17 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

Isn’t the only time we are accomplishing any regenerative “charging” is when the wheel is in a state where we aren’t accelerating or decelerating, but in essence free wheeling, not asking for power from the motor?

Pretty sure that's how it is.

I found the old discussion on EUC re-gen here that clears things up for me......

Bottom line take-away for me is that we need just the right downhill slope (gravity) and EUC speed, not requiring heavy braking (that would use motor power) to get the most benefit from the EUCs ability to accomplish re-gen. Get just enough gravity to overcome the motor drag, and aero resistance, but not so much as to cause us to decelerate over a certain value that would demand power from the motor. It’s an interesting conundrum! :wacko:

I fear I may have hijacked this thread a little, but par for the course, so to speak.........

I ride a bicycle path near my house that goes out to a medium sized water reservoir with a big, long dam, riding up the 6% grade of the long dam road really sucks the power out of the EUC, and I know do to the inefficiency of the re-gen process I can only recover a fraction of that power loss on the return downhill run. But I am totally amazed when I compare my battery level when stopped for a few moments at the top to my battery level after the 2 mile run back down the long hill. Either that 6% percent grade is perfect for re-gen, or certain areas on the variable slope hit the sweet spot. Seems to me on my 16S I recover something on the order of 5 to 7% battery level.........now I am really curious to pay more attention to the battery charge level and figure out definitively how much I really do recover from the long downhill.  I know for sure on my Stromer ebike (I push a control button on handle bars to put bike in re-gen mode) I can only recover one to two percent on the same hill, so I think the re-gen ability of the EUC is much better than the ebike. The ebike has 983wh battery (just slightly larger than the 840wh of the KS16S) and only a 500 watt motor as opposed to the 1200 watt KS16S motor.

6% is a perfect number for regenerating! I did a similar run a few times, and was surprised how much I got back.

Not sure if this is valid, but what I did was look at the current. Here's the idea:

• You know you are regenerating (producing more power than you need) if you occasionally have to brake with a slight weight on the heels to keep you from speeding up, as opposed as tiptoeing occasionally to keep you from slowing down, while rolling down a hill with minimal input otherwise.
  • Then look at the current. Look at your usual current when going in flat terrain (something like 10A, but may depend on app and the wheel that reports it) so you have a baseline. If you go up a hill, of course it's much higher. If you go down, it's often lower, and this may mean it's on the other side of the scale entirely and so it is regeneration.

So in (my unconfirmed) theory, you should be able to "feel" whether you are in regen mode, and you see how much you get back by looking at the current. Not sure for how long this holds and higher current just means constant braking, which I think won't give you power back.

It's more about getting a possible intuition for situations instead of hard science, I believe.

(To be sure, just check battery level before and after - but this is complicated with the settling time, not being real time, just before and after, etc)

24 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

I fear I may have hijacked this thread a little...

That's life. I'm willing to wear an explosive collar that blows up the instant this forum has no offtopic in all threads for a day:efee8319ab:

4 hours ago, claudioagmfilho said:

Is it wrong to say that a Tesla car pretty much uses about four complex electric Unicycles to make it a car what size all the computers and the chat that makes it be autonomous and stuff like that but it’s principle is the same as that of the electric unicycle when we are riding Tesla cars being for Unicycles that are writing the wheels on the car, Of course Tesla cars have cameras in brains and stuff like that but the principles on the wheels are basically Eletric Unicycle’s are making it go from 80 to be strong one is more complex ones but they are Eletric Unicycle’s is the same kind a process that goes on on those wheels as as it is on our Eletric Unicycle’s?

Your time is much appreciated in answering this question because I’m very confused about it, Or would you go ask just say that there is no connection between the Tesla cars and Eletric Unicycle’s at all nobody uses the same principles what will it be? Thank you so much for your time

Zero similarities between the motor company Tesla and Gotway naming their wheel Tesla.  I personally think that Gotway did that to get hits on searches.  

I have two Tesla's, Model S and Model X.  I also have on reservation the Model 3 which I'm waiting for the AWD version.

I thought they were both made out of induction motors controlled by batteries completely indestructible I know that tesla is from Alon musk, made in California  and Gotway  is by a company called Kebie in China, I was thinking of motor mechanisms of Eletric Unicycle’s in general and Tesla cars in general 

lol 

11 hours ago, claudioagmfilho said:

I thought they were both made out of induction motors controlled by batteries completely indestructible I know that tesla is from Alon musk, made in California  and Gotway  is by a company called Kebie in China, I was thinking of motor mechanisms of Eletric Unicycle’s in general and Tesla cars in general 

lol 

The Tesla car has pure induction motors, only one on the early model S but two motors on the later model S and X models, a euc uses a permanent magnet motor moe similar to the motor used in a Nissan Leaf!

The BMW i3 uses a highbrid motor that has permanent magnets which increase in power by using induction.

It's amazing really how different the motors are.

I've had a Tesla model S 90D for 29 months and a BMW i3 BEV for 25 months and my son bought a Nissan eNV200 van which uses the Leaf motor and battery 7 months ago.

Archived