Refreshing honesty from InMotion

dmethvin

I kind of figured something like this was playing out behind the scenes, but it's nice to get confirmation. 

https://www.myinmotion.com/blogs/news/the-story-behind-inmotion-and-solowheel

The board members of the joint venture decided to hire an experienced marketing team to operate the company in June, and successfully got some people from some marketing agencies and cloth companies. The new team had strong confidence that they could make Solowheel become a brand like Apple, and all they need was enough marketing budget. They didn’t know how to ride EUC, but they had lots of theories to prove that the EUC was no different than a jacket, so if you can sell a normal jacket with a high end price and successfully build a premium brand, they can use the same tactic to duplicate into Solowheel.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Sucks that they had to pay solowheel 1.1m but they didn't have much choice, dealing with patent troll lawsuits in the US is something like $10m minimum and if you win you don't get anything back if you win. Though the marketing people sound like they were even more painful.

I don't think the solowheel brand has a future, the patent trolling made their brand toxic among enthusiasts and they blew any mainstream appeal by failing to release newer models or reducing prices to be competitive despite having a headstart. The solowheel brand is worth $0 in my opinion.

Archived