Huge difference in headlight brightness on MiniPro 320

Hello everyone,

First post here.... Husband and I just got 2 minipro 320's and have noticed that there's a significant difference in the headlight brightness between the two, even when fully charged. I can't figure out if it's related to the battery or what but there does seem to be variation there as well. Husband weights considerably more than I do so I anticipated that he would discharge the battery more quickly, but when we switched units and did the same ride, he discharged the battery quite a bit less on one unit than the other (like 86% to 68% for the same ride distance/time/route). Anyway, since these are basically brand new, I'm sending one back for warranty work but am interested to know if anyone else who has two units has noticed similar variation. What would account for this other than battery? See photo of light brightness....both units are at full charge here and placed the same distance from the wall.

minipro.JPG

8 hours ago, jb5150 said:

Hello everyone,

First post here.... Husband and I just got 2 minipro 320's and have noticed that there's a significant difference in the headlight brightness between the two, even when fully charged. I can't figure out if it's related to the battery or what but there does seem to be variation there as well. Husband weights considerably more than I do so I anticipated that he would discharge the battery more quickly, but when we switched units and did the same ride, he discharged the battery quite a bit less on one unit than the other (like 86% to 68% for the same ride distance/time/route). Anyway, since these are basically brand new, I'm sending one back for warranty work but am interested to know if anyone else who has two units has noticed similar variation. What would account for this other than battery? See photo of light brightness....both units are at full charge here and placed the same distance from the wall.

minipro.JPG

I suppose Ninebot using different led suppliers for their MiniPros. Looks like the leds on the left are "warm white" (3000 kelvins) and the right ones are "cool white" (4000Kelvins) in colour temperature. In other words - nothing to worry about, both should be equally usable for minipro riding.

It's not so much the color temperature but the intensity of the lights. One is significantly more bright/intense than the other. i.e., one shines about 3-4 feet in front of the unit while the other is less than one foot.

20 minutes ago, jb5150 said:

It's not so much the color temperature but the intensity of the lights. One is significantly more bright/intense than the other. i.e., one shines about 3-4 feet in front of the unit while the other is less than one foot.

The colour temperature affects the way we perceive "brightness". Yellow tint/temperature seem to light up a larger area and longer distance comparing with cool white temperature of same wattage.

But of course your opinion is the most important here since it is you that will be riding these minipro's. So if it's bothers you too much then I would definitely recommend you to contact the seller about this issue and maybe change the whole minipro to a new one (i.e. different batch)

• 1 month later...

Archived