MCM4 680wh for Sweden?

Hi! I'm new to this forum and also to the unicycle world. I've never tried a unicycle before, but I've considered buying my first one since im going to use it as a regular vehicle instead of a scooter/bus/tram etc...

I just don't know where to start. I found a swedish shop called greenridestore.com but it is SCAM. I bought a wheel from there but got no response (I was supposed to pay one month later so I was lucky to not pay immediately, so I did not loose any money.

Now I want to be "safe" this time buying from ebay or ali express or something since I don't know about any reseller in Sweden. My biggest priority is that it need to be a long distance one for around $1000,  and I found the MCM4 680wh to be a suitable one since it goes 60-70km on one charge. Do you have any other recommendation for me? Otherwise I want to have a suggestion of a seller that is trustworthy. Someone people use to deal with etc. Could you help me with that?

Welcome...you should find all your information here in the forum.

Just one hint: Divide the annouced range, here 60—70km by 2 to get a realistic one...

I would exspect 680wh only to last 40...max50 km on a european rider.

A really long range wheel for 1000bucks? that gets very hard.....

Thank you! Ok, good advice, but I still think 40-50km is perfect for me since I actually only need 30km a day back and forth and I can recharge it after half of the trip, but I want a little bit extra if I take some other routes just for fun.

4 minutes ago, Yffisch said:

Thank you! Ok, good advice, but I still think 40-50km is perfect for me since I actually only need 30km a day back and forth and I can recharge it after half of the trip, but I want a little bit extra if I take some other routes just for fun.

Ok, but another hint:

For longer range drives 18 or at least 16inch wheels are better. 

he wheelsize makes a lot of difference in riding....

Smaller wheels are more agil and nifty, largers are more comfortable and (most times) faster.

Then one more:

Actually the 680wh mcm4 is not the actual model....there are some called mcm4pro with 84volt instead of 67.

And recently even the mcm5 was released....

Thanks for info. I may still need a 14" since I'm going past some terrain as well and a faster ride would be nice. I'll check out that MCM5, but could you recommend me a store in Germany or something since you seem to be from Germany and that is quite close to sweden which makes everything a little bit easier and faster. The store doesn't have to have the MCM stuff, just a trustworthy store or ebay seller with a large range of wheels? :)

Is this a good site? https://www.electricunicycles.eu

18 minutes ago, Yffisch said:

Thanks for info. I may still need a 14" since I'm going past some terrain as well and a faster ride would be nice. I'll check out that MCM5, but could you recommend me a store in Germany or something since you seem to be from Germany and that is quite close to sweden which makes everything a little bit easier and faster. The store doesn't have to have the MCM stuff, just a trustworthy store or ebay seller with a large range of wheels? :)

Is this a good site? https://www.electricunicycles.eu

i personaly dont like this shop.....but that is a personal opinion!!!

I can recommed/know the following shops in europe:

eunicycles.eu

electro-sport.de

1radwerkstatt.de

8 minutes ago, Yffisch said:

Thanks for the links, I'll check them out! But even if you don't personally like electricunicycles.eu, do you know if they are trustworthy?

I have heared nothing bad about their trustworthiness....

1 minute ago, KingSong69 said:

I have heared nothing bad about their trustworthiness....

i ordered a spare tire from them, it was not the same outer tire as advertised on their webpage, (16"; 57-305 @16x2.125 ) but i recieved a 50-305 @16x1.95

I complained and they said it was a mistake from inmotion from where they have ordered the tyres, i ended up getting a inner tube for free, and i did not mind the feel of the thinner wheel so i was OK with the mistake.

I have a mcm4 680Wh and I think that range is 35..45km...

My day trip to my job and back home is 28km and I charge it every day.

I like it is so small that it is easy to keep in car all the time and easy to travel with it in metro and buses.

My Msuper 18 is much bigger and not as nice in public transportation.

@Yffisch

I forgot to mention when I wrote you that the Inmotion V8 can be collected at a German MediaMarkt store.

They do not plan to get this in Sweden due it isn't road legal in Sweden due battery capacity and top speed.

So I got my wheel shipped from the stored you asked about. https://www.electricunicycles.eu

5 hours ago, Yffisch said:

The MCM4 will do 30km without much problem, I used it for commuting last year. If you go slower then you may reach the 50km range, but that is difficult.

The max safe speed for a 80kg rider is 27km/h. By max safe speed I mean you don't go faster then the 3rd alarm.

3 hours ago, Pasi said:

I have a mcm4 680Wh and I think that range is 35..45km...

My day trip to my job and back home is 28km and I charge it every day.

I like it is so small that it is easy to keep in car all the time and easy to travel with it in metro and buses.

My Msuper 18 is much bigger and not as nice in public transportation.

Aah, yeah if it's not nice in public transportation, that is clearly a minus. Where did you get your MCM4 680w?

Uventor: Thanks for info!

2 hours ago, Yffisch said:

Aah, yeah if it's not nice in public transportation, that is clearly a minus. Where did you get your MCM4 680w?

Uventor: Thanks for info!

I meant MCM4 is nice in public transportation.

MSuper 18" is not so nice.

I bought it (both) from Aliexpress, seller was "Green and fashion travaling shop" with no taxes or anything.

18 hours ago, Pasi said:

I meant MCM4 is nice in public transportation.

MSuper 18" is not so nice.

I bought it (both) from Aliexpress, seller was "Green and fashion travaling shop" with no taxes or anything.

Yes, I understood that :) That's why I considered the MCM4 instead of the MSuper because it's a minus to not be able to carry them properly. Thanks for advice!

I will maybe consider buying from that "Green and fashion travailing shop" from Ali Express since they have it for 21% off at the moment and if you got your from them, then I guess I can trust that seller! Thanks everyone for the advices!

3 hours ago, Yffisch said:

Yes, I understood that :) That's why I considered the MCM4 instead of the MSuper because it's a minus to not be able to carry them properly. Thanks for advice!

I will maybe consider buying from that "Green and fashion travailing shop" from Ali Express since they have it for 21% off at the moment and if you got your from them, then I guess I can trust that seller! Thanks everyone for the advices!

They are safe to buy from. I got my MCM4 and Tesla from Intelligent walking Store. I'm not sure if this is a same seller with 2 stores. They both have sales half of the time. The price flips between the 2. When buying make sure to find out if all the brokerage and taxes are included in the Ali price. Sometimes they are and sometimes they are not. Read the listing carefully and ask the seller question. 

BTW, the MCM5 looks much better then the MCM4, one of the advantages it that it has a build in handle. I had an external handle on my MCM4, but that broke after a crash and I didn't bother getting a second one, for what you get they are expensive.

• 1 month later...

My order is pretty close now. Looking forward getting my first wheel! MCM5 looks nice, but a bit too expensive for a "first wheel". It's $800 VS $1350 on aliexpress.
This far I can recommend Green and fashion travaling shop. Very good communication and he is very helpful. First he extended my buyers protection with 20 days, and recently 10 more days. I ordered the same day as I created this thread. It's in Germany now and I live in Sweden so the total delivery time will be around 45 days probably and that is totally fine for me as long as I get my item :) I hope it's not broken!

Cant be qiet anymore. Also from Sweden. Have used this forum for information for a long time. One of my friends have a acm v2 1300wh never used, if you are interested. I had one until recently. Great wheel. Had a ips122 340wh before the ACM and I can really recommend a larger battery like 1300wh. Its nice to not having to check the battery all the time. I used it all the time to go everywhere in Stockholm, even in snowy days. Bought our wheels from intelligent walking store at aliexpress. No problem and no extra cost. Gonna buy acm2 soon. Cant live without one. Good luck anyways ?

Thanks for info! My MCM4 is the 680wh battery and is supposed to go 60-70km on one battery charge during perfect conditions. But as I was told on this forum, divide the number with 2 for reality number. But 35km is still fine for me :) If I'm happy with my vehicle, then I will probably upgrade to another one later on and I will consider the one you mention.

My package has arrived now by the way, but I haven't collected it yet from the office. So it will be exciting :) Thanks!

Now I have it, but I got a little bit confused about the charging. I put in the 3 pin contact in the wheel first with nothing in the wall, and it sounded like sparks etc...then I put it in the wall. It should be the opposite kind of. I hope it did not destroy anything.

The manual says: "first plug in the charger socket of Gotway, and second plug in the outlet". Is what wall first, then 3-pin? Or is it 3-pin first and then wall?
https://fccid.io/2AF5U-MCM/User-Manual/Users-Manual-2806733

1 hour ago, Yffisch said:

Now I have it, but I got a little bit confused about the charging. I put in the 3 pin contact in the wheel first with nothing in the wall, and it sounded like sparks etc...then I put it in the wall. It should be the opposite kind of. I hope it did not destroy anything.

The manual says: "first plug in the charger socket of Gotway, and second plug in the outlet". Is what wall first, then 3-pin? Or is it 3-pin first and then wall?
https://fccid.io/2AF5U-MCM/User-Manual/Users-Manual-2806733

My ninebot sparks if I plug the charger to the wheel first.  If I plug in the charger first, the green light shows.  Then I plug the charger to the wheel and it turns red to show it is charging.  It never sparks if plugged in to the wall first.

I think the manual might be wrong.  Just keep doing it the way that doesn't cause a spark.  There was some discussion about this many months ago, everyone agreed that sparks can erode the pins in the charge port over time, and  most wheels should be plugged into the wall first.  I think some wheels have a diode in the charge circuit that prevents sparks, but I don''t remember for sure.

22 hours ago, LonewolfSWE said:

Cant be qiet anymore. Also from Sweden. Have used this forum for information for a long time. One of my friends have a acm v2 1300wh never used, if you are interested. I had one until recently. Great wheel. Had a ips122 340wh before the ACM and I can really recommend a larger battery like 1300wh. Its nice to not having to check the battery all the time. I used it all the time to go everywhere in Stockholm, even in snowy days. Bought our wheels from intelligent walking store at aliexpress. No problem and no extra cost. Gonna buy acm2 soon. Cant live without one. Good luck anyways ?

Two swedes in one thread... And now one more, me :)

I'm planning on a GW tesla from AliE. And i have a few shops in mind all selling it for 1350$ though there is one selling at 1500$ promising no tax. I bought my ninebot from gearbest and not get taxed (after pstnord started) so i have my hopes up that most resellers can solve that :) but any tips to avoid 32% extra is welcome? (And the postnord fee.. They should pay us, since they delay ask deliveries by 1-2weeks, slow as they are.)

Though it worries me when i read they are not Street legal due to speed. Have you ever had issue with the law enforcement (poh-lice)? I mean what could happen? Fine? Taking your wheel? If you have drivers license does it matter? Maybe it needs to be registered as a vehicle ?

UPS delivered my first wheel. DHL The other ones. No extra tax. The swedish police does not care. They seen me many times. Just slow down and show respect to pedestrians, ecspeially those with dogs and children, dont want bad rep. For me it is the car drivers that sometimes cause problems.They get insecure, slowsdown forcing me to halt. No biggie though. Dont think the cops has much/any knowledge about euc's really. Dont think it will be in the future either. Everyday I have to explain to people what this machine from outerspace is. ? People ask for the pricing thinking its like for some cheap hooverboard. To high price, no real reseller, risk involved riding not gonna get to many euc riders in the near future. Aksed my insurance company about injury coverage when using my gotway and they said that they cover it. So no worries. ?

Archived