Tesla Custom Parking Stand... ETC

On 3/16/2018 at 11:30 PM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Very nice... Now let's get back to that awesome TFU concept wheel stand. 

With my ideas and your talent we can be famous! 

27006603988_a0ec29b3be_b.jpg

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Roo Williams said:

A+, when I came off my Tesla having turned a little too quickly once it did somersaults spinning and flinging trim off. There was no breakage, just the parts that have molding attached in the photo above came off. They Reattached easily as they’re snap fit but that incident completely wrecked my confidence in the Tesla shell build quality. I was planning to 3D print a little attachment that had two subtle feet and screw it onto the rear of my Tesla shell where the shell stops and wheel begins, but this seems like a two birds one stone solution. One click ordered!

Great idea! I hope it works! It will keep @The Fat Unicyclist off my back. :roflmao:

On 9.3.2018 at 9:15 PM, Rehab1 said:

Since I can’t ride my new Tesla yet I might as well modify it. I fabricated a custom parking stand today. This is much more stable than the old Nnebot One parking stand. 

I spent a good portion of the day bending 1/4 x 5x8” aluminum bar stock to make all of the unique contours. When performing sharp bends I used a propane torch to heat the metal so it would not fracture.

The stand mounts on the bottom of the pedal  hangers and is attached with four 10-32 SS screws so it can be removed in seconds. 

I found some interesting machined ends that I attached to the round carbon fiber cross bar. They did add some additional stability.  I then machined some little round disks that were sand blasted and attached to the sides of the machined ends. They helped tie together the finish of Tesla’s pedals. 

I purposely angled the mount high in the back so there would not be any contact with the ground during quick stops and reverses. I may angle the stand up higher once I have a chance to test it while riding. It is just a simple bend. 

Gotway Tesla Parking Stand

40713952801_1d80910e0d_b.jpg

The stand is positioned higher than the pedals both fore/aft and laterally for maximun clearance. 

40714977331_7bfe34e859_b.jpg

39819670635_6aaaa21ab3_b.jpg

Elegant! i want one..

1 hour ago, EUC GUY said:

Elegant! i want one..

Thanks but I removed it. My wife said if I was going to ride the Tesla the stand had to go.;)

49 minutes ago, Cannings said:

@Rehab1 I love those pedals! Would paint be able to cover over my learning scratches? or would they just look like painted scratched pedals?

pedals.thumb.jpg.8a8c1ba5140cb72e34b423d2b391249c.jpg

Thanks! To remove the scratches you could hand sand them or use a fine grit belt sander. The trick is to remove the finish GW applies to give the pedals that satin appearance. My pedals were in good shape so I just sand blasted  them to prepare to paint. I suppose you could use bondo before painting for the deep scratches.

21 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Thanks! To remove the scratches you could hand sand them or use a fine grit belt sander. The trick is to remove the finish GW applies to give the pedals that satin appearance. My pedals were in good shape so I just sand blasted  them to prepare to paint. I suppose you could use bondo before painting for the deep scratches.

Yep ... prep the area by sand blasting or hand sand and then use bondo or steel stick or some other sandable filler that will bond to metal.  Sand smooth, prime and paint.

Archived