Tesla First Impression Boxed

Everyone unboxes their Tesla when it arrives and then give a first impression. Not me. I prefer to savor the moment.:P

9 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

@Rehab1 and that lasted whole 45 sec. :lol:. The wheel looks good, looking forward for your review/ opinion on the wheel and comparison to acm. I think you got a perfect combo with those 2.....

Thanks. It is going to be awhile before I get clearance from the physician. I just took it out briefly (5 mph) to make sure everything worked. I used a tether to avoid any spontaneous grab of  the wheel with my left hand if something went wrong. I can’t donn safety gear yet without hurting my arm so Tesla will just sit on a stand for now. I can ride Mten at a snail’s pace just to remain active.

55 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Thanks. It is going to be awhile before I get clearance from the physician. I just took it out briefly (5 mph) to make sure everything worked. I used a tether to avoid any spontaneous grab of  the wheel with my left hand if something went wrong. I can’t donn safety gear yet without hurting my arm so Tesla will just sit on a stand for now. I can ride Mten at a snail’s pace just to remain active.

How did you convince your wife to let you ride an EUC? I remember reading in your accident thread that you will sell all your EUCs and never ride again.

Lucky you - you got the larger, cushier side pads!  I ended up ordering a set of calf pads with velcro to try out with my Tesla.  I've been trying to think of ways to make the sides more comfortable, but I haven't found a good looking solution yet.  The sides are just so boxy unlike my Ninebot.

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

i just got a youtube notification from dan, figured that was you because of that nice chrome and stainless euc training rails in the background. ur a nut. 

btw my old boss from years ago, he’s 74 this year and he got a shoulder replacement on monday, haven’t heard from him since sunday but i guess he lived. probably very similar to ur recovery i would imagine.

1 minute ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I don't know if they are the hardest, but they can be brittle in some cases.

i meant reactive, like u can change the settings on a kingssong from beginner to player or expert or my 9bot1e+ supposedly u can tighten up the feel but still feels like jello to me. i can’t prove it but just from the sound, i think the hard pedal settings burn more juice.

52 minutes ago, NECway said:

How did you convince your wife to let you ride an EUC? I remember reading in your accident thread that you will sell all your EUCs and never ride again.

Convince? :roflmao::laughbounce2: One thing nice about having my own practice is I can have deliveries incognito. It will be awhile before my wife comes around but it will eventually happen. I show her interesting posts from the forum and she reads them without hitting me over the head with my IPad. Baby steps. :)

43 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Lucky you - you got the larger, cushier side pads!  I ended up ordering a set of calf pads with velcro to try out with my Tesla.  I've been trying to think of ways to make the sides more comfortable, but I haven't found a good looking solution yet.  The sides are just so boxy unlike my Ninebot.

My side pads are different than your’s? If your thinking about experiencing  with various padding purchase a yoga mat. They come in different thicknesses. Probably 1/2” would work. You will still need to grind the foam so it is tapered. Do you have access to a belt sander.

https://www.amazon.com/All-Purpose-Density-Carrying-Exercise-Workouts/dp/B075ZP9VPM

6 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

ha ha ha, its only a matter of time till she finds out, just be honest and have an adult conversation,

She will definitely find out in June when we head to the Smokey Mountains for a family vacation.

Emphasis on good looking solution.  Gluing things on just hasn't been cutting it for me.  Maybe if they end up selling some cheap side panels I'll swap them out.  I had some foam on before, but it looked pretty ghetto.

Letting the wifey know about the wheel right before or during a vacation doesn't sound like the best idea to avoid stress on a holiday!  :blink:

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

i meant reactive, like u can change the settings on a kingssong from beginner to player or expert or my 9bot1e+ supposedly u can tighten up the feel but still feels like jello to me. i can’t prove it but just from the sound, i think the hard pedal settings burn more juice.

I think with the Tesla people have reported that it's a very firm feeling.  Mine feels as solid on medium as my Ninebot One E+.  Before that model I think the Ninebot One had the most solid pedal feel. I've never ridden a "soft" feeling pedal.  Even my generic wheel seemed pretty planted.  I've never played with my Ninebot One settings beyond 3 so I don't know what a loose pedal mode would feel like.  What "Somatosensory" setting do you have your Ninebot One E+ at?  I used to ride at zero, but I changed it to 3 which seemed fine.

53 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Emphasis on good looking solution.  Gluing things on just hasn't been cutting it for me.  Maybe if they end up selling some cheap side panels I'll swap them out.  I had some foam on before, but it looked pretty ghetto.

Letting the wifey know about the wheel right before or during a vacation doesn't sound like the best idea to avoid stress on a holiday!  :blink:

I think with the Tesla people have reported that it's a very firm feeling.  Mine feels as solid on medium as my Ninebot One E+.  Before that model I think the Ninebot One had the most solid pedal feel. I've never ridden a "soft" feeling pedal.  Even my generic wheel seemed pretty planted.  I've never played with my Ninebot One settings beyond 3 so I don't know what a loose pedal mode would feel like.  What "Somatosensory" setting do you have your Ninebot One E+ at?  I used to ride at zero, but I changed it to 3 which seemed fine.

mine is set at the stiffest. the little 9bots don’t have the option to change the settings but feel stiffer than the e+. the ks wheels at expert or player setting are the firmest of the bunch. sitting still u can tell that stiff setting is burning up some watts. so e+, at hardest setting, the squirmier, ks the tightest. it doesn’t matter, i’m too chicken to ride gotways.

13 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I just received 2 sheets of this padding material as I was experimenting with various types for my Mten3. This material would be perfect on your Tesla Hunka. 

The material is 1” thick low density black form . It comes in 2 sheets for about $17 on Amazon. Below is one sheet next to the Tesla’s foam. Same thickness but the compression characteristics are a bit softer. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075ZHBT51/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_VNOOAb5T53F8D

40665377002_bf20ab863c_b.jpg

The foam easily can be shaped with any belt sander.

38898402340_af9247dfe0_b.jpg

That looks like a pretty good looking custom cushion!  I don't have a belt grinder, and cutting foam with scissors hasn't created great results for me.  Maybe I'll get used to the sides a bit more this summer, and hopefully my calf protectors will help as well.  It's a bit tricky to get used to the boxy shape after riding the Ninebot for so long.  You're always reminded that there is something that doesn't quite fit comfortably down there!  I still need to get my "Tesla" legs I guess.

35 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

That looks like a pretty good looking custom cushion!  I don't have a belt grinder, and cutting foam with scissors hasn't created great results for me.  Maybe I'll get used to the sides a bit more this summer, and hopefully my calf protectors will help as well.  It's a bit tricky to get used to the boxy shape after riding the Ninebot for so long.  You're always reminded that there is something that doesn't quite fit comfortably down there!  I still need to get my "Tesla" legs I guess.

Are these the calf protectors you are using?  You can get those waist slimmer belts at Dollar Tree and 99cents only store for a dollar a piece.C047BF87-A00A-44C4-9CFC-83DF128BFD1D.thumb.jpeg.34e1265034d6b9f22299c1deb309dca8.jpeg

31 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Are these the calf protectors you are using?  You can get those waist slimmer belts at Dollar Tree and 99cents only store for a dollar a piece.C047BF87-A00A-44C4-9CFC-83DF128BFD1D.thumb.jpeg.34e1265034d6b9f22299c1deb309dca8.jpeg

cool. i paid $5 on sale/clearance at walmart. i gotta check out dollar tree. never been in one. i think this would be great material to make protective covers out of. at $5 and .99 waay cheaper than just buying neoprene material. i haven’t been wearing anything but my onesies/coveralls/ bite suit and tactical boots. just did a little ride on the 18s down my road a couple of times. gotta say these wheels are great at keeping forum members because there’s something quirky always going on, at least with the kingsongs with their crap apps. started up the wheel and it says, u have to update the firmware before using it and then the app freezes.

45 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Are these the calf protectors you are using?  You can get those waist slimmer belts at Dollar Tree and 99cents only store for a dollar a piece.

I got a couple of these with the velcro to try:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Neoprene-Wraparound-Leg-Calf-Support-Shin-Splints-Pain-Injury-Sleeve-Compression/382086328195

Maybe these slip on ones would work too:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1-Pcs-Cycling-Knee-Shin-Calf-Guard-Protector-Leg-Running-Compression-Sleeve/152779437801

yeah cheap. primarily for me when learning, banging my boney ankles on the pedals when mounting or dismounting. still have to learn how to free mount, someday. not a big priority for me. 

Archived